Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemethos
lost...
Yard mushrooms look like Pan. Subb's
    #340809 - 06/14/01 04:45 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

It's been raining on and off for about 2 weeks up here (SW Washington). So there has been a good amount of interesting fungus popping up, damnit I wish I had a camera, there's some really neat looking ones. Anyways, I found a ton of mushrooms in my friends back yard that look a lot like Pan. Subb's. The caps are identical to picture's taken by Mitchnast and other's here at the Shroomery. Sporeprint is dark purplish-blackish-brownish. The main difference I noticed was that the stems were very small compared to other Pan. Subbs (about 3.5 - 4 cm tall, and very thin). I didn't check for blue bruising 'cause I had somewhere I needed to go. Plus I have no interest in eating them, I just want to see what they are. Any ideas? I really need to get a digi-cam, y'all would dig all the great looking mushrooms that grow around here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecardboard
digitalautomatedansweringmachine

Loc: pac northwest
Re: Yard mushrooms look like Pan. Subb's [Re: methos]
    #340859 - 06/14/01 06:05 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

yea those are pretty close to the sub's. I dont have the dedication to learn all the correct spellings for the following words but i am somewhat close. They are panaloni foensei, aka. lawn mowers mushroom. Macroscopically close to pan subs except smaller and lacking any blueing. They are not active in anyway.

--------------------
stay off my land

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: Yard mushrooms look like Pan. Subb's [Re: cardboard]
    #341096 - 06/14/01 11:48 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

yup those are paneolina foenisecci, sorry, not magic. pan subbs had a black print. prurple-brown for a mushroom that grows on lawns and looks like pansub pretty much says "paneolina foenisecci".

madness never slows down, it only piles up.

Offlinemethos
lost...
Re: Yard mushrooms look like Pan. Subb's [Re: Mitchnast]
    #341201 - 06/15/01 02:42 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Cool, thanks. I didn't think they were active. There are also some that look exactly like the lawn-mower shrooms except they were very light colored, with a stronger stem and a veil. I like these ones, they look like miniature Cambodian Cubensis, hehe.

OfflineLevi7
old hand
    #341344 - 06/15/01 09:29 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Is there a possibility that the one with the veil could be Ps. Stuntzii? What color were the gills, spores, etc.? I just live up the road from you and I'll tell you that blue ringers can be found right now! Stay cool!-Levi7.

Offlinecardboard
digitalautomatedansweringmachine

Loc: pac northwest
Re: Yard mushrooms look like Pan. Subb's [Re: Levi7]
    #341416 - 06/15/01 11:35 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

If they have a veil still present and its purple/blue....from spores falling onto it and when dryed the cap turns from a moist brown to a straw color than you prolly have some stunzii or fimentaria growing in the lawn. Mushies are wierd, they can appear at the strangest times, i found my first stunzii's in a flower pot on my sisters inlaws deck, hows that for crazy.

--------------------
stay off my land

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #341435 - 06/15/01 12:02 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hi Levi17,

If they were P. stuntzii of P. fimetaia then there would hav been a lot on the lawn. Those species colonize like cockroaches in heat and mass fill the lawns where they are and the muclh inthe latter part of the year.

mj

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

OfflineSmallputrid
old hand
Loc: Volcanoes
Re: Yard mushrooms look like Pan. Subb's [Re: mjshroomer]
    #341572 - 06/15/01 03:20 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hey Levi-7, do you want to go find blue ringers with me??? PS, you have to be Levi-7 to respond, I don't want any immitatiors, cimilar to those I won't mention, contacting me about it. Just eMail me, I want to meet an adult who is as stupid as me, thinking they can classify and identify mushrooms, otherwise, I will just keep looking myself. Found a few lib caps. The LBMs have dried and smell nice anyway. UHHHHHHHHHHH, talking too much, gotta go.

Offlinemethos
lost...
    #341603 - 06/15/01 04:00 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

That could be a possibilty, they just popped up in the yard and I'm seeing a lot more of them every time I check. I'll go back later on today and take a print and check for bluing. I know Stuzii's are around, but I haven't really gone out looking for em. What is the average size for them? 'Cause these are pretty small mushrooms, and I thought stunzii's were larger.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #341663 - 06/15/01 04:56 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Well go look at my post here in this forum if you want to see fresh blue ringers. Ans many already have a blue ring. IF you found them you would not really be asking for to much of an ID. Once you pick some you could hardly go wrong. Except for the 16-year-old girla dn two 17-year-old boys who picked a whole bunch of Galerina autumnalis by mistake thinking they were P. stuntzii and the poor girl died and the boys are on dialysis for the rest of the short lives. Oh yes they didn't go to the hospital for three days after getting sick becasueet hey thought they would be arrested for getting high, which they didn't. They only got dead and partially dead.

AS Davy Crockett once said (and he really did say this) : "Be sure you are right and then go ahead."

Mjshroomer

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

Offlinemethos
lost...
Re: Yard mushrooms look like Pan. Subb's [Re: mjshroomer]
    #341733 - 06/15/01 06:50 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Ouch, that sucks. Was that around here (PNW)? I can spot Gallerina's at a glance, so I'm not at all worried about them. The one's I found looked just like the small pin coming from the bottom of a stem in the bottom right of your picture with the quater in it. But all the shrooms I found were of tiny size. I'm going back there in a few minutes to take a sporeprint and check for bluing.

OfflineSmallputrid
old hand
Loc: Volcanoes
    #342220 - 06/16/01 01:52 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

That's what I just found too, is that that sucks when you die, there are short stems and blue ringers, watch out for Galerinas, they have nothing to do with shroomiefarout when you eat one apparently! I was just thinking that some of those might be a lookalike that not even Mj has found, because even Mj discovers new m,ushrooms all the time like in Cambodia nad stuff, so I feel Mj on this, any ID, but I saw a kid on the bus who this year is going to look for his first shrooms soon like in 9(Sep)-01.

OfflineLevi7
old hand
Re: Yard mushrooms look like Pan. Subb's [Re: Smallputrid]
    #342260 - 06/16/01 02:39 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hey, smallputrid, It'd be great to go picking with you. Yes, I am as stupid as you and can't identify mushrooms. Although I have books with pictures and words and stuff. My wife reads to me every night at bedtime.
Stay cool!-Levi7.

OfflineLevi7
old hand
    #342283 - 06/16/01 03:05 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Oh my God, I just re-read Methos' first post here and realized that HE DID NOT MENTION ANY VEILS ON ANY MUSHROOMS. I must have been fucking drunk! Nevermind me! I AM stupid as hell !!
Stay cool!

Offlinemethos
lost...
    #342381 - 06/16/01 05:22 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Actually Levi I did mention veils in the second post. Hehe. Are you drunk now? When I went back and checked on em, I found that only about 3-4 of them had veils, on closer examination I doubt they're Stunzii's. Same purplish-brown sporeprint as the other's I found, and no bluing.

Edited by methos on 06/16/01 07:24 PM.

OfflineLevi7
old hand
    #342643 - 06/17/01 04:09 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

No more mushrooms for Levi!!
Stay cool!-Levi7.

Offlinemethos
lost...
    #342915 - 06/17/01 04:34 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

LOL, hey man. You said your right up the road from me? We should hook up and go hunting sometime.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds