Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon HEPA Filter, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinealisia
Stranger
yet another martha idea/question
    #3423010 - 11/29/04 02:44 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

OK so im about to go martha style cause all i ever do now is casings.
Well heres my first question.

Why is it that people hook the humidifyers up to the martha with tubes?????

Why not just put it inside the martha and run it? If its a oisture thing getting into the humidifyer cant a plastic casing for it be made?

This way less holes in the martha is makes a more stable environment?

What im thinking of doing (cause mines gonna be in my cold basement and need heating)is having the humidifyers reservour heated. Have it in the bottom of the martha and frsh air being pumped in from the top of the martha.

what im guessing is going to happen to make this work will be this.

Warm humid air from the humidifyer will rise while cool fresh air from the top sinks to the bottom. mixing in the humid air and pushing out the heavy Bad air the mushrooms let off. Forcing it out the thin gaps at the bottom of the martha..

Now will this work???

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
Re: yet another martha idea/question [Re: alisia]
    #3423065 - 11/29/04 03:02 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

The reason that people have them outside and port it in is for fresh air exchange so that you don't have to fan. The cool mist does not really add much humidity, it is mainly for the fresh air. It is also do to taking up space that could be used for casings. You could put a cool mist inside against one of the sides and cut a hole where the intake for the mister is so that it is getting air from outside but then you would have to open the martha up every few days to add water.

I do have one of my humidifiers inside though. I have a small ultra-sonic strapped onto one of the shelves. It is sealed with a small tube going into the top of it. The tube then goes into the PVC frame and out the top of the martha. On the other end it is glued to the top of a 2 liter bottle. This way I fill up the bottle with water, turn it upside down and it fits right into the sealed opening in the top.

--------------------
Following the rules is for dealers, knowing why the rules work is for innovators.

"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offlinealisia
Stranger
Re: yet another martha idea/question [Re: MadHatR]
    #3423087 - 11/29/04 03:11 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

humm... whats best kinda humidifyer for humnidity? im thinking of getting the double wide martha so i dont care about taking up some of the space in it. i like the idea of having the intake attached to the side pulling in fresh air. instead of things on the outside. humm.. i also have a ultrasonic im not using. would you recomend having that on the top shelf on a timer?

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
    #3423097 - 11/29/04 03:13 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

coolmist and ultrasonic are needed for this type of setup. Otherwise with just a coolmist you must mist all the time, why not spend 30 bucks for full automation...

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
Re: yet another martha idea/question [Re: dobinky]
    #3423174 - 11/29/04 03:43 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Even with misting all of the time it still isn't enough alone to get the RH high enough. It can be done, but it is no easy trick. A cool-mist is great though since you don't have to fan due to it bringing fresh air in, and the water droplets are so small that it helps stop overlay. A ultra-sonic and a timer along with a cool-mist truly is the best. It is also cheaper to get ones with smaller water tanks and then port water into the tank from a bigger tank. One of these days I'm going to go to a office complex and snag one of those 10 gallon water cooler tanks and I wont have to refill it for a long time. :smile:

--------------------
Following the rules is for dealers, knowing why the rules work is for innovators.

"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offlinelesstutrey
All Weather Associate
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicagoland
Re: yet another martha idea/question [Re: MadHatR]
    #3423197 - 11/29/04 03:52 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

5 gallon water jugs cost about 5 bucks if you go to a distrubter of bottled water like that. i made a couple gravity bongs out of them back in the day. there is nothing like 5 gallons forced into your lungs.

Offlinealisia
Stranger
Re: yet another martha idea/question [Re: lesstutrey]
    #3423344 - 11/29/04 04:16 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

ok.. so i put a ultrasocid on top shelv and hok up a cool mist. with the pip coming in just below the ultrasonic? Hey does the cool mist air intake need to be filtered?

Offlineintrigue
MMMM hard trance
 User Gallery
    #3423394 - 11/29/04 04:24 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

filtered is always better

u can buy a furnace hepa filter take it apart and tape it to the intake

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon HEPA Filter, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation