Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
2 liquid culture questions:
    #3422579 - 11/29/04 10:12 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I used honey for the liquid cultures that I started, so that water is darker than would be karo, but:

a) How do I tell when/if the sugars have been carmelized?
b) I have about a quarter sized disc of myc in my 1/2 pint solution, is that good enough to use?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: 2 liquid culture questions: [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3422707 - 11/29/04 11:06 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I too have been having trouble with carmelization. With karo at least, I can smell it when it happens.

The first time I did it, it was perfect. The next time, brownish. The time after was this morning. I was *very* careful about heat and kept it insanely low. I didn't even pay attention the first time. Still, no luck.

Anyone actually tried carmelized karo/honey? Is it just not ideal, or will it absolutely not work?

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
Re: 2 liquid culture questions: [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3422735 - 11/29/04 11:15 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

OK well I obviously wasn't up to date on my liquid culture's progress, it is definitely ready to use  :wink: :thumbup: :thumbup:

a) Do you guys use multiple syringes? or do you sterilize one, then continue to use that one to refill with liq when needed.

b) I have tyvek filters that I don't want to soak when mixing it up, what is the best way to break that shit up, I know it's gonna be resistant and pretty tough? How mixed up/evenly distributed should it look?

c) How much should I inject into each jar?

Sorry for the basic questions, the teks don't really cover the application of the liquid culture too well.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: 2 liquid culture questions: [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3423002 - 11/29/04 12:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

A. I did both, only had 2 spare, but filled up again when needed.

B. Theres no need to use tyvek on a half pint karo jar. Either way, I just open it up and stick the sterilized needle in and thrash around a bit, seems to work well. As long as you see a little cloudiness in the syringe at the end.

C. Well, using as much as you would spore solution will be much more effective. I'd use that much, and it'll really take off. Careful with more though, just because of water content, etc. I used 1cc for a pint, 2 for a quart.

Any answer to my question anyone?

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag