Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Mr. Brightside
    #3422600 - 11/29/04 10:21 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I opened a thread a couple weeks ago discussing fortune, misfortune, and God's will. This thread is a spin-off from that concept.

In the wake of most misfortune, I believe that a piece of God's good will can be seen. I'll use a personal example. For the most part, I am financially responsible. This is mostly the result of learning from my parents' mistakes and myself being on a fixed income. Anyway, the last 8 weeks have thrown some curve balls that crippled my expendable income. I enjoy my quality of life, but a decrease in expendable income usually corresponds to a decrease in quality of life. So...I'm a little worried.

Matters are made worse when I am cited with 2 harsh speeding tickets, one of which is classified as wreckless. I already have 8 speeding convictions on my record (yes, I'm habitual), and I've exhausted all legal options that would work in my favor. These additional charges will attribute to an unreasonably high insurance premium (assuming I'm not dropped). What an unfortunate situation...or is it?

I came up with the idea* of selling my car. It's a nice ride, but it far exceeds my needs. Selling it would eliminate my monthly insurance and (most of) my monthly auto loan costs. Monthly debt-to-income ratio improves, thus so will quality of life. I believe this was God. I could be reaching, I could be making a premature judgment...but as of now, I feel very grateful.

Comments? Criticism?

*I could simply credit myself for the idea, which is a decent ego-boost, but praising God as the one responsible makes me feel safe and happy. If an ego grows too solid, the gap between God and self grows.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Mr. Brightside [Re: Viaggio]
    #3422631 - 11/29/04 10:33 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I generally make an active effort to find the upside in every down-stroke I encounter in life. It is a healthy way to live, whether you want to attribute it to God's will or not.

Out of curiousity... do you work relatively close to where you live? Or perhaps you are planning to bike to work?

I wish I lived close enough to where I work to do what you're planning...

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3422647 - 11/29/04 10:42 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I think selling your car will do very little.

Starting a non profit bus line or car pool league would be a far better accomplishment

And would teach a far greater number of people your ideals

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: Mr. Brightside [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3422678 - 11/29/04 10:55 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I agree. Looking on the bright side does seem healthy because I feel a sense of relief and content when I do it. Anyway, I do not work because I have a neurological condition. I'm on long term disability and collect income from Social Security and a private LTD insurance carrier. I rarely need to travel, but when I do, finding transportation should hardly ever be an issue.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#3422712 - 11/29/04 11:09 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I believe the feeling of contentment is divine. And I believe the appreciation of beauty generates this feeling. Although the bright side of a situation may seem intangible, it still carries a sense of beauty...a sense of God.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3422750 - 11/29/04 11:19 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

after switching from a cadillac seville to a suzuki aerio I have received no more speeding tickets. (like 90 in an 50 zone passing lane on a hill - ouch!, but they were all so slow)
well I loved that cadillac but it was time to get real.
mine was black.black too

Now smaller engines are smarter and more "fiscally responsive" too.
I used to like that "adequate accelleration at any speed" feeling but, now I just turn to salvia if I feel bogged down - not in traffic mind you.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: Mr. Brightside [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3422812 - 11/29/04 11:34 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

My driving is rarely responsible. After dropping a several performance bolt-on mods into my 4-banger, then a nasty supercharger...well, I was feeding the addiction and making it worse. I'm terrible...cat & mouse almost every time I'm on the road. Like I mentioned, I'm disabled, so eventually I realized I was living my non-existent athletic life vicariously through racing. But this realization couldn't stand up to my ego.

Luckily, recent events will situate me correctly.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #3422842 - 11/29/04 11:43 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Viaggio said:
*I could simply credit myself for the idea, which is a decent ego-boost, but praising God as the one responsible makes me feel safe and happy.  If an ego grows too solid, the gap between God and self grows.

The gap between sanity and delusion grows as well.

Are you incapable of thinking your own thoughts?

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Mr. Brightside [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3422896 - 11/29/04 12:02 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

sell your car to offset your financial problems. then ride a bus to help the environment and ease your conciounense.

always give thanks when things are good, and always find something good in all situations to give thanks to . Weather you say that thanks as a prayer, and weather you adress it to god, or the universe, or fate, is irrelevant.

just remember how fucking lucky you (we) all are.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: Mr. Brightside [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3422918 - 11/29/04 12:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I agree. Moderation is key, so finding a balance between what could be classified as divine intervention and what is not can be a struggle at times. I do my best to reason this by acknowledging factors for both sides. As a whole, I attribute everything to God, but I don't acknowledge this concept every second of every day.

I usually ponder and praise God a few times a day, or during a problem or crisis.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies