Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Mycobags

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinechemistry
One.
 User Gallery

2 weeks + 2 days, no sign of colonization and bags got scorched last night
    #3422242 - 11/29/04 07:38 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

A little more then two weeks ago, inoculated 4 small grain mycobags with 1cc of B+ in each, I properly inoculated them down the wall. The bags were heated using a poor tub in tub set up for about three days and proper temperatures were recorded. After a heater problem the bags were left until the end of the week with no heat, in temperatures that were below room temperature. A heating pad was then set up and kept at its lowest setting, heating through a towel, a plastic tub, then another towel and then the bags. Up until yesterday the bags were fine, nice and humid with no sign of colonization. Then things go wrong, I suppose accidentally I set the heating pad to 3(highest setting) and now the bottom of two bags are kinda dried out but there is a significant amount of moisture at the top. From the smell and look of it i don't believe there is any contams. Should I wait to see if I get any colonization still? Or should I mash up the bags to spread the moisture? Or should I inject some steralized water? And should I add more spores? Any help is appreciated.

--------------------
c h e m i s t r y

Edited by chemistry (11/29/04 12:11 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewildthings
Stranger
Re: 2 weeks + 2 days, no sign of colonization and bags got scorched last night [Re: chemistry]
    #3422684 - 11/29/04 12:58 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

that is rough, maybe you should consider adding some water.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: 2 weeks + 2 days, no sign of colonization and bags got scorched last night [Re: chemistry]
    #3422882 - 11/29/04 01:59 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i would massage the bag to get the moisture even throughout again, if you dont see growth in 5 days, id re-inoculate with more spores.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinechemistry
One.
 User Gallery

Re: 2 weeks + 2 days, no sign of colonization and bags got scorched last night [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3423059 - 11/29/04 03:00 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

thank you sir. another 6cc's left in the syringe, how much would be ideal to use?

--------------------
c h e m i s t r y

Edited by chemistry (11/29/04 03:01 PM)

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3423133 - 11/29/04 03:28 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

however much the mycobag instructions say to use :shrug:.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinechemistry
One.
 User Gallery

Re: 2 weeks + 2 days, no sign of colonization and bags got scorched last night [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3446038 - 12/04/04 04:20 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Bags have been reinnoculated with 2.5 cc's. New tub in tub has been set up properly and temeratures are recorded nominal.

--------------------
c h e m i s t r y

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
    #3447067 - 12/04/04 08:46 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Let us now how things go!

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Offlinechemistry
One.
 User Gallery

Re: 2 weeks + 2 days, no sign of colonization and bags got scorched last night [Re: ADoobie]
    #3466386 - 12/08/04 08:02 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

The seller has agreed to replace the bags and syringes.

--------------------
c h e m i s t r y

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Mycobags

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation