Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegirlzlover12
Stranger
growing in bulk
    #3420645 - 11/28/04 07:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have spent about a year reasearching growing mushrooms and now me and a friend want to give it a try. Last night we split a 1/2 between 3 people and we didnt feel much which means the mushrooms are weak around here and way to expensive. I would like some tips on what teks can be scaled up to grow large amounts of mushrooms. I could also use some suggestions on strains that are very potent

money and space isnt really an issue since my friend lives in a big house (his parents are pretty cool too we are trying to keep it closet sized though) and we have a good amount of money to use ($500+)

I read almost every tek on here and I like the bulk neglect one but we havnt been able to find a source of cow shit.

we are not trying to go for the most high tech but we are trying to build a big setup that maybe over time can be expanded upon

If things work out good I might make a computerized setup that is compleately selfsufficient and all that needs to be done is checked for mold after the initial harvest.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: growing in bulk [Re: girlzlover12]
    #3420657 - 11/28/04 07:57 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

read the FAQ. start out with the pf tek. work your way up.

InvisibleColonel Kurtz Ph.D
What What?
Male User Gallery
Loc: Shadow Moses
Re: growing in bulk [Re: ]
    #3420694 - 11/28/04 08:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You should really work your way up. It's harder than it looks, I started with grains and I'm still at it. Don't rush, you'll need practice and a little luck.

BTW if you want to sell, this is not correct the drug :wink:

--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

Offlinejonas

Re: growing in bulk [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #3420706 - 11/28/04 08:06 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Deepman said:
You should really work your way up. It's harder than it looks, I started with grains and I'm still at it. Don't rush, you'll need practice and a little luck.

BTW if you want to sell, this is not correct the drug :wink:

I'm not advocating dealing but yeah, it really is. Mushrooms are hard to find in a lot of places and if you have the space, and the skill, you can crank out several lbs of mushrooms every month and get about 2000 per pound. So easily one could make 5000-10000 a month from shroom sales alone. You know someone who pushes enough weight in weed, and they'll probably buy a couple lbs of shrooms. Shrooms are a good cash crop if you choose to use them as such. For the rest of us, it's not an issue.

InvisibleColonel Kurtz Ph.D
What What?
Male User Gallery
Loc: Shadow Moses
Re: growing in bulk [Re: jonas]
    #3420858 - 11/28/04 08:32 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I KNOW, trust me. But if you want money why not sell coke. Seriously, shrooms don't get that easily dealed, specially if you don't have lots of friends who trip a lot. People won't trip even twice a month on average. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about :wink: But I digress. My point is that if you're gonna sell for the money, don't sell mushis.

--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

Offlinejonas

#3420869 - 11/28/04 08:34 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah you are right I guess ... it all depends on your location and market. I've been told by my friend who deals that if I ever wanted to grow to sell, he'd take at least 3 lbs a month from me. Not that I'm going to ... but ... just goes to show that its all dependent on your market.

Offlinegirlzlover12
Stranger
    #3420883 - 11/28/04 08:36 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Im not really thinking of selling but it might be good to sell a little to cover expenses

how many jars would be a good starting point?
what equipment and sterilization techniques are best from experience?

so far we have a pressure cooker, 48 jars, rubbermaaid tubs (4 of the big ones), digital thermometer, those bubble rods for aquariums mayhbe build a humidifier with them.

anything else besides a aquarium heater

what growing medium do you suggest the fool proof bird seed method seems pretty simple what do you suggest

Offlinedmc_

Loc: Portland, OR
    #3420920 - 11/28/04 08:42 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

how many jars would be a good starting point?

That all depends on how humble you are. 1 - 1000, you decide.

Quote:

what equipment and sterilization techniques are best from experience?

Im broke, so I use a 4qrt Mirror pc. An oven for grain to grain, spore printing, cloning, etc. A big pot with a stove top to pastuerize. Antibacterial soap, lysol and rubbing alcohol.

Quote:

what growing medium do you suggest the fool proof bird seed method seems pretty simple what do you suggest

Sure.

Offlinejonas

#3420922 - 11/28/04 08:42 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If you've got 4 rubbermaids get some horsepoo and some straw, get it good and wet but not dripping. Put it all in oven bags and cook at like 175 for 2 hours in the oven. Dump that into rubbermaids and keep it at about 4-6" deep, 50/50 poo and straw. Take a jar of grain spawn (about a quart or two per rubbermaid) and mix it in with a sterilized spoon. Put a 3/4" casing layer of 50/50 coco coir and vermiculite and mist it down. Cover and keep at about 75-80 degrees. Actually 85 for a week or two then cold shock for a day or two and then keep em at 75. You should get a cool mist humidifier and run tubing from the 4 rubbermaids into the cool mist and play with the timer to figure out how often it should go on to keep all 4 jars at a good humidity. Keep the humidifier on top of the rubbermaids so that it makes it into the bins. I'd buy a small fluoro for each rubbermaid and fasten it to the lid of each rubbermaid. Get another timer for those and have it go on for 12 hours a day every day immediately after cold shocking. That should be pretty good. A week or two after cold shocking you should start picking.

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
    #3420940 - 11/28/04 08:45 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

jonas have u fruited that tek yet?
what yields with what approx square footage did you have?

Offlinejonas

Re: growing in bulk [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3420950 - 11/28/04 08:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Its in the works right now. I've been told to expect 4-6 ounces dry per sq. foot after a few weeks of flushing. I'm going to have 6 rubbermaids going, each about 2 and a half sq. feet. So hopefully I'll get around 4-6 lbs. That'll be plenty to keep me and about 50 of my friends real happy for a while, haha.

Offlinegirlzlover12
Stranger
Re: growing in bulk [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3420969 - 11/28/04 08:51 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

thank you jonas

does store bought manure work or no because I have read that store bought cow manure doesnt work as well as the natural stuff

do you know any large chain stores that sell vermiculite because I went to home depot and they didn't have it

and how about air exchange on those rubber maids how often should I air these out

Offlinejonas

#3420991 - 11/28/04 08:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Not sure on where to get verm, gardening stores I guess. I still haven't really had to worry about that yet. And if you have the cool mist running, just put a vent hole near the bottom and if you want cover it with tyvek to be extra sure you're keeping contams out. Also, put some rubbing alcohol in with your water in the cool mist humidifier. Standing water is an invitation for contams.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
    #3421024 - 11/28/04 09:01 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I seriously doubt you're going to jump into a bulk growing project, and succeed-that's just my opinion. It's not as easy as it looks/sounds, start with the PF tek and work your way up gradually. Not just elder advice here, it's the only practical way to get into studying mushrooms.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Edited by HolyDiver (11/28/04 09:01 PM)

Offlinejonas

Re: growing in bulk [Re: Holydiver]
    #3421031 - 11/28/04 09:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah you could do it that way or you could just keep at it. You may not succeed with bulk at first but after a few trys even a newbie should be able to do it.

InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

#3421050 - 11/28/04 09:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Good luck with your grow officer.
:jester:

--------------------
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
NEWB NEWBIE NEWCOMER IGNORANT? QUESTIONS?
Click HERE HERE HERE HERE For detailed instructions with pictures on how to grow mushrooms. There is a lot of info on the Shroomery and this is what you need to know.

Offlinedmc_

Loc: Portland, OR
    #3421052 - 11/28/04 09:08 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

does store bought manure work or no because I have read that store bought cow manure doesnt work as well as the natural stuff

Store bought manure ussually contains other things of no nutritional use to the common P. Cubensis, and could promote contamination. If you do buy manure, verify the ingredients.

Quote:

do you know any large chain stores that sell vermiculite because I went to home depot and they didn't have it

Some home depots do have it. Some Wal-Marts have it. Some Fred Meyer's have it.

Offlinegirlzlover12
Stranger
Re: growing in bulk [Re: Peterthinks]
    #3421059 - 11/28/04 09:09 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

well I think if I have 4 seperate containers they cant all fail so I think I will try what jonas is saying

Anonymous

#3421067 - 11/28/04 09:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

if you want money why not sell coke.

because if you truly care about this world you would spread something that will make people open their eyes to truth and love, while making enough to get by at the same time, as it is necessary to have money in this world to survive. not something that will feed egos to the point of destruction. cokeheads dont care about anyone but themselves, shroomers seem to be so loving, atleast, those who have awakened off of them or other drugs and realize that they are strictly spiritual.

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
    #3421069 - 11/28/04 09:11 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm doing what jonas is saying in 2 x tubs. I've been shooting for 2 oz per sq ft across 3 flushes. Do you think it's realistic to think 4-6 oz? I have no idea. Also, jonas, did you cut your straw up? if so, how did you do it?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale