Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

trip character of Ps. Cyanescen
    #3393481 - 11/21/04 04:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

has anyone noticed the difference of Ps cyans and cubes? Those are the only two species Ive eaten. I have found that cyans tend to not last as long but hit WAYYY harder. And Ive noticed alot of people complaining about slight side effects like flashbacks up to two weeks later. Also there seems to be a trend of bad trips more so on cyans than the cubes that are going around, even though most of the dosing was responsble (1-3 grams at most, dry). Can anyone relate?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: trip character of Ps. Cyanescen [Re: deathcapcubensis]
    #3393879 - 11/21/04 05:31 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

3 grams of dried cyanescens is way to much in my oh so humble opinion. Cyans do have a very rough come up, and ones response to the rest of the trip depends on if you can handle the come up.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: trip character of Ps. Cyanescen [Re: tomk]
    #3395450 - 11/22/04 08:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

tomk said:
3 grams of dried cyanescens is way to much in my oh so humble opinion.  Cyans do have a very rough come up, and ones response to the rest of the trip depends on if you can handle the come up.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineGwize
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: trip character of Ps. Cyanescen [Re: Ginseng1]
    #3395911 - 11/22/04 09:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I find Ps. Cyanescens wayy more potent then cubies. Well atleast the ones I picked. Cubies and Cyans are the only type of shrooms i've tripped on. I got to admit i did have bad trips on cyans but I thought it was mainly cause I just started shroomin and at the time I had a lot of things on my mind, espacially for the fact that after me and my friend went hunting we didn't know the potency of Cyans were that great and ingested them in school...bout 3-4 grams i think. It was horrible, but one night at home when I felt comfertable, I ingest maybe 5-6-7 grams (dont have a scale) and I was gone the intesity was amazing. I got a little scared and thought I would have a bad trip, but I made it..plus most of the time i was in the dark. Though I didnt like the fact that I was soo sleepy, but at the time I didn't mind cause I was at home..and felt so comfertable to be at home with loved ones.

Tomk is right its just the very rough come up and i think espacially the setting.

P.S. I know it was reall stupid of me to trip that hard in school..espacially with those cyans. It was a waste a bad trip plus my friend got busted..he was trippin so hard in class that they thought he was on acid. He couldn't speak, or write..neither could I but I wasn't put in many positions to do so. Well we learned from it.

Edited by Gwize (11/22/04 09:46 PM)

Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Re: trip character of Ps. Cyanescen [Re: tomk]
    #3404947 - 11/24/04 04:36 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

why is this a characteristic of cyans? What makes it differ?

OfflineCanonPants
busy lurking
 User Gallery

#3405562 - 11/24/04 07:05 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It has higher levels of active chemicals then Cubes. Each species of active mushrooms have varying amounts of the 3 active chemicals, and cubes are relatively low when compared to most other active species.

Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Re: trip character of Ps. Cyanescen [Re: CanonPants]
    #3408312 - 11/25/04 02:13 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Actually cyanescens arent that much higher in psilocybin content and they are actually MUCH lower in psilocin and equal in baoecystin. This is all according to Paul Stamets chart in his book. I was wondering if there may be differnt active chemicals from cubensis that arent mentioned to often

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #3418521 - 11/28/04 04:01 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

kmk

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: trip character of Ps. Cyanescen [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #3418666 - 11/28/04 05:51 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Ps.cyanescens is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more potent than cubies

So why not just eat 10 dried grams of cubies? Then you would get more psilocybin and it would be just as powerful a trip.

Psilocybin is psilocybin - the trip you have is going to depend on how much you take. The fact that cyans have more psilocybin isn't really relevant is it? It's like saying "Whisky is way more potent than beer" - sure it is, but you can still get just as drunk on beer.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3418672 - 11/28/04 05:53 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

My guess is if i capsuled cyans and cubies and gave someone them it would take someone very, very experienced to have any confidence in telling them apart. And even then I doubt it would be any better than 50-50 guessing.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: trip character of Ps. Cyanescen [Re: Xlea321]
    #3418689 - 11/28/04 06:02 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

so whats your point? no one said anything about not being able to get the same trip intensity from cubes as cyans

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #3420659 - 11/28/04 07:58 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

m

--------------------

Edited by Zen Peddler (02/02/07 04:57 AM)

OfflineLysergic_1968
Ego-killer
Loc: The Seventh Circle of Hel...
    #3421171 - 11/28/04 09:32 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybin is psilocybin - the trip you have is going to depend on how much you take. The fact that cyans have more psilocybin isn't really relevant is it? It's like saying "Whisky is way more potent than beer" - sure it is, but you can still get just as drunk on beer.

No, beer will not get you just as drunk as whiskey on average. Beer = less potent by volume than whiskey = more liquid to consume = slower rate of absorpbtion = lower level of intoxication. Anyway that's not my argument, my point is that different species of hallucinogenic mushrooms contain different ratios of the 3 major psychoactive chemicals, and therefore it is not unreasonable to assume that the effects and potency are noticably different between species. It's the same deal with all the other cannaboids present in weed that we are just now starting to understand, scientists think that the relationship between the levels of these chemicals accounts for the subjective difference in the "high" of different strains of weed. I'm also gonna go out on a limb and say that each species of mushroom may hold a certain "spirit" or entity, which may account for the differences in subjective effects. Just like the famous experiment in which a group of Eskimos- who had no prior knowledge of the drug or its prior cultural relations- were fed harmaline and saw jaguars and Central American art. Maybe there is something inherent in the structure of the molecule itself that allows us to tap into a particular headspace or way of understanding. Anyway thats just my drunken rambling, feel free to prove me wrong. PEACE

--------------------
"Turn on, tune in, drop out." --Dr. Timothy Leary

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: trip character of Ps. Cyanescen [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #3422680 - 11/29/04 10:56 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Good points guys. I also sometimes feel there's a different character to each mushroom but I'm never totally sure that's because I already know in advance it's different and what I'm expecting is different.

Does the balance of the three active principles really make any difference? Psilocybin is converted to psilocin in the body anyway and is there enough baostycin in an average mushroom dose to be noticeable?

I'm very sympathetic to the idea of each mushroom having it's own entity and spirit tho.

Maybe we need a few blind tests?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineCaptainJailew
Apathetic and Idon't care

Loc: Central Texas
    #3422724 - 11/29/04 11:12 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I wouldn't be able to tell the difference, I have only had cyans and cubies and with both I have had nothing but pleasureable experiences and couldn't really tell the difference. Then again I wasn't looking for a difference, so I don't know, maybe that effects your perception.

--------------------
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#3422820 - 11/29/04 11:35 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I've noticed that cyans make me feel sleeeeeeepy. Every time i've eaten them there were points in the trip where I could have easily fallen asleep. My friend noticed this too. Like they are pulling you into a subconcious dream trance. Cyans seem to be a different animal.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: trip character of Ps. Cyanescen [Re: Viveka]
    #3423080 - 11/29/04 01:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

cubes do that to me quite a bit too

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Re: trip character of Ps. Cyanescen [Re: Viveka]
    #3569193 - 01/01/05 09:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i fee the drowsiness too, i also have noticed the cleaner feel of cyans. When I trip on cubes I feel that dirty speedy "itch", in comparison to cyans. Thats just me though

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
    #3569423 - 01/01/05 10:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Deathcap i thought you found Cyanofibbs and blue ringers this season. Why didnt you eat them?

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Re: trip character of Ps. Cyanescen [Re: sui]
    #3571053 - 01/02/05 01:15 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

suimush- lokk at the date that I first posted this thread, now look at the date of when I posted the ringer thread and the "fib"(Im still in question about the species, youd have to see them in person) thread. I ate one small shroom of the "fibs", not enough to have a full blown trip. And I admit I was a little scared to eat the ringers. I only had about an eighth dry. I have a few friends from  washingtom who confirmed their species, dry. One of them ate them, fell asleep and woke up unable to walk, thats a good sign to me :smile:. I can only have a genuine opinion on cyans. Im comfortable enough to review them as I am cubes. The other two species, Im not yet 100% familiar yet.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies