Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJoops
Stranger
adjusting the growth direction of the monster ?
    #3420399 - 11/28/04 09:10 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I've got a bag here fruiting it's first flush. I have over 50 shrooms right now that are actively growing to be fruitful shrooms, and 25 other new tiny pins that are starting to grow as well! So as you can imagine, this bag is doing amazingly well with the large amount of fruits growing bigger and bigger!

My only question is, the largest and thickest of all the shrooms is growing sideways. It is growing in an L shape. It was growing up but as it got bigger it started curving and the head is now facing the back side of the bag. These are of the texas strain so they aren't very tall yet, the larger that is bending is about 3.5 inches tall and is at least twice as thick as all the others (which are growing straight up by the way)... this one is a monster compared to the other 50!

Can I make this one monster grow upright again? For the last two days I have positioned the bag in the light so that the mushroom would "grow towards the light" and bend back in the opposite direction to get it upright, but it didn't work, the one shroom just gets bigger and bends down more.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinericelicker
The Dude'sImaginary Friend
 Arcade Champion: Radial Snake

Loc: The Yard
Re: adjusting the growth direction of the monster ? [Re: Joops]
    #3420410 - 11/28/04 09:13 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

It may just be too heavy, or it could be light causing it to grow in a weird direction. Either way though, it's not a big deal. Sometimes they look cool like that. Do you know what kind of substrate is in the bag?

--------------------
"my brain waves travel at half the speed afta we..." -del tha funkee

"Two men looked out through prison bars...one saw the mud, one saw the stars." -anonymous

OfflineDastoner
n00b

Loc: NORTHWEST, USA
    #3420412 - 11/28/04 09:13 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I dont think there is a way to fix it.. sometimes shrooms are stubborn little bastards.. just remember: they grow towards the light

--------------------
-------------------------------
I hope this post Helped you.

OfflineJoops
Stranger
Re: adjusting the growth direction of the monster ? [Re: Dastoner]
    #3420443 - 11/28/04 09:17 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

The substrate in the bag is rye i believe. My concern is that this big shroom is about 1/4" from ramming in to 10 others... I guess so long as they all keep growing around everything else it's alright just odd seeing the one in the middle going sideways.. but it sure is a fat sucker! Can't wait to total the first flush!

Offlinericelicker
The Dude'sImaginary Friend
 Arcade Champion: Radial Snake

Loc: The Yard
    #3420449 - 11/28/04 09:19 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

They will definitely keep growing. They will push through or go around whatever they need to (until they fall over, then you might want to pick it)

--------------------
"my brain waves travel at half the speed afta we..." -del tha funkee

"Two men looked out through prison bars...one saw the mud, one saw the stars." -anonymous

OfflineJoops
Stranger
Re: adjusting the growth direction of the monster ? [Re: ricelicker]
    #3420486 - 11/28/04 09:27 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for all the info.

This big mamma is obviously going to be ready for picking first... Should I pick this one when it is ready and hold off and pick all the others when they are all about ready? All the others are growing at a comparable rate. What should I do about picking all the rest? I heard to pick them all at the same time, does that apply if some are not quite ready as others? Whats a good rule of thumb for determining the best time to harvest all the shrooms since they are going to be at slightly different stages... is it best to pick them all when the firsts are ready, or best to let them keep growing until most all are finally ready?

Invisibleshobimono
Why?
    #3421081 - 11/28/04 11:12 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

It depends on whether the big mushroom is connected to the other mushrooms. If there is one mushroom that is mature in a cluster, I would probably wait until some more in the cluster matured. If the big one is off by itself, I would probably pick it when it is ready.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: adjusting the growth direction of the monster ? [Re: shobimono]
    #3421128 - 11/28/04 11:24 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Hm, maybe you've got some hot light? Yes they grow towards light, but some light is hotter than others, like reflections for instance. Aluminum foil reflects light and sometimes people have some mushrooms growing downward and the reason is typically b/c either A. it's retarded or B. They placed their cakes on aluminum foil. You're not doing cakes but mabe you have something reflecting light and that one mushrooms just wants all he/she can get. It should be fine though, well Gl, Nice flush, keep it up :thumbup:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation