Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
Experianced users...HELP
    #3419823 - 11/28/04 06:30 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

My two friends who are a couple tripped with me last night on low doses (I had 2 grams, they each had one).

The guy was having crazy visions, and at one point shared a mutual vision with his girlfriend about having a baby girl. They were both in tears and hugging eachother afterwards. This really wierded me out because I've had the same phenomenon happen on a strong trip before so I knew it was totally possible...

I then jokingly asked my friend if he was having any visions about me and my "potential future"...this is where im scared shitless now...

He said, "let me try to think about you..." and he got quiet. I made myself some toast and went about my buisness, not even remembering I had said anything.

About 10 minutues of silence later (we were all staring at things and thinking about stuff...just enjoying the trip..)

My male friend lets out a "whosh" and says to me, "Man, you really want to know?"

I sit down and notice he has a tear running down his face and I get scared. I ask him, "is it bad? well maybe knowing what you see will help keep it from ever happening?"

He then tells me the following:

"Your going to commit suicide, on a drug overdose after turning me over to the police."

He's shaking and very upset and I sit there and say, "why would I ever turn you over to the police?"

He says, "Because I tell you to..."

Now this just brings us all down hardcore...I'm really getting freaked out here, because I've tripped so hard that i've had the exact same thing happen, where I can see things in potential and possible futures.

I want to know friends, if what can be "seen" by shrooms are actually real futures, and if our freewill allows us to change them. I'm scared shitless right now--any help would be apreciated!!!!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Experianced users...HELP [Re: MystikMushroom]
    #3419873 - 11/28/04 06:54 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

Shrooms can show you your inner truth, but they can not predict the future.

There is a big difference between sharing hallucinations and seeing the future.

Your friend was using his imagination while tripping. Nothing more.

You still have the power to prove your friend wrong but don't kill yourself trying. :smirk:

Weird story though, sorry it was such a downer.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Experianced users...HELP [Re: Rose]
    #3419886 - 11/28/04 07:00 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:

Your friend was using his imagination while tripping. Nothing more.

I agree.  I've examined possible "futures" before while tripping and gotten very intrusive, very vivid images, ideas and impressions about what might/will happen. I can tell you that 99.9% of the time, what I saw/experienced was completely WRONG. 

It can be interesting/fun/scary to consider futures while tripping, but you have to realize that mushrooms don't necessarily help you divine what is to come. 

Imagination can be a powerful thing.  It's a gift for sure, but always be critical of what it shows you.  :wink:

Anonymous

#3419922 - 11/28/04 07:15 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

I want to know friends, if what can be "seen" by shrooms are actually real futures, and if our freewill allows us to change them

yes. and yes. IME. and i know atleast one other soul who has seen future events of his life, that had come to pass, and some that didnt. his name is Wiccan Seeker, maybe he will see this thread and chime in.

just know that nothing is set in stone, and if for some reason one day you find yourself in that situation, you can indeed prevent it. It really has nothing to do with shrooms showing yu, its the higherself that the shrooms bring you more intune with that the vision came from. Im skeptical that it was entirely imagination, because he took the time to quiet his mind and LISTEN, he meditated on it. looked within, where all answers lie. he didnt just up and think of it, that would be imagining. Though, of course, there is always the possibility that it was just his FEAR. you should ask him if he had ever worried about such things previously to the shroom trip.

my advice: dont be scared and do not worry, as that will only drain you of energy and bring you down more and more. Just dont let it happen bro, you have a choice and everything happens for a reason, including that shroom trip...i say it was meant to prepare you. so take heed. learn from the experience. though it may have seemed to be a 'bad trip' toward the end, you will see that ultimately, it was not.

now...i would have chalked it up as imagination if your friend was not included in what he saw. but he was a part of it. please dont stress, its not healthy AT ALL.

Offlineshroomsheep
Stranger
Re: Experianced users...HELP [Re: ]
    #3419977 - 11/28/04 07:32 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

yea for shure, its a chemical change in the brain when you boil it all down. thats all it is, is a chemicaly altered state of mind. no way can it give u power to see into the future.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Experianced users...HELP [Re: shroomsheep]
    #3420034 - 11/28/04 07:48 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

You are made of chemicals, there's no way chemicals can have free will of their own

That is a faulty way of seeing things, just as molecules and chemicals, because in the end it goes deeper than that

I wouldn't worry about your friend's vision, if it comes to pass so be it, if it doesn't it'll be good for both of you.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Anonymous

Re: Experianced users...HELP [Re: Ravus]
    #3420125 - 11/28/04 08:07 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

good post ravus. i'd like to chime in again and put EllemyshShade on the spot.

so then is it safe to say that your husband was entirely using his imagination? even if it was only partially his imagination, how then can you take any of it as a divine encounter? You of all people, i can not believe would be so biased. there is no difference here.

though you posted a good post, why did you say 99.9% when you know damn well you have not even .1% of an experience to back that up, why not just come out and say ITS BULLSHIT?????

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #3420192 - 11/28/04 08:25 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

*chimes in*

Seeing the future is entirely possible. I for one have had it happen with things that are beyond my own control according to consensus reality. It's clairvoyance. It isn't reproducible but if you drop the sci and look at the big picture (widespread occurrence throughout the world) it happens.

But take one BIG thing in account.
Mushrooms principally open up a world of symbolisms. It's a visionary realm that's got it's own logic. If you see yourself pulling Shrooms out of your mouth and handing them over to everyone you ever knew it's obviously a symbolism. This, however, is plausible because it involves realistic imagery.

Basically it's the Jesus story where you, Judas, hand him over to the Romans shortly after the Last Supper. It is a powerful archetype that pops up throughout cultures.

It is most likely symbolic, with the two of you fulfilling the roles of the archetype. Since it was his vision it likely points to a deep-seated feeling of personal guilt within him, with him fearing that if you knew you'd hurt yourself for what you felt you had to do.

It's a classic doom scenario. In trips there's a distinct phase of self-evaluation (see the "BEST TRIPPING MANUAL" link in my sig) where the Self can be accepted or rejected.

His "vision" sounds like a self-rejection so bad that he fears it to be totally unacceptable to you too.

I really don't think it's clairvoyance, but what worries me is that you appearantly do not rule out the possibility of yourself committing suicide by drug overdose. You need some long hard thought spent on your life if that is so. Life's too valuable to waste.

You can move to Fiji and have the prettiest girl in a straw skirt serve you lemonade, and you can pick a straw off her every time to drink when you need to cool down :wink:
THERE IS ALWAYS AN ALTERNATIVE OPTION, YOU JUST NEED TO SEE IT

Clairvoyant? I highly doubt it. I think it's his inner struggle projected into your question.

Perhaps he can't get it up so he fears that baby girl with his GF will never happen. I'm serious: it can be so unrelated to the vision as that. And he wouldn't be able to tell it from true clairvoyance, because we generally don't have a stack of clairvoyancies for comparison.

I likely would leave my body behind in a clairvoyant vision, so I'd topple out of my chair or hang limp all of a sudden. True clairvoyance (not "remote viewing") often has such dramatic body responses that are easily distinguished from most tripping phenomena.

I never say 100%, so I'm 99% convinced on what you tell me, that this was not a clairvoyant event. It sounds like a possible future at most (in the coming hour you will meet 1.000 possible futures of which you'll only pick one) but likely it's just symbolism that has a basis in a FEAR he has from something OF HIMSELF that he REJECTS.

There is no need to be scared shitless. It's logical you got the Ouija spookies but thats just because you were fed a frightening suggestion in a mentally vulnerable (tripping!) state, perhaps you get fears that you lose control in your trips? If so this fed right into it.

Easy now. Nobody will force your hand to turn him in to the feds nor to harm yourself. You are in control.
THERE IS ALWAYS AN ALTERNATIVE OPTION, YOU JUST NEED TO SEE IT

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#3420244 - 11/28/04 08:39 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Kottonmouth said:
good post ravus.  i'd like to chime in again and put EllemyshShade on the spot. 

so then is it safe to say that your husband was entirely using his imagination?  even if it was only partially his imagination, how then can you take any of it as a divine encounter?  You of all people, i can not believe would be so biased.  there is no difference here.

though you posted a good post, why did you say 99.9% when you know damn well you have not even .1% of an experience to back that up, why not just come out and say ITS BULLSHIT?????

Well, I don't appreciate your hostile tone, particulary regarding a sitution that you weren't even there for, about a post written in an entire other thread. 

But I'll respond anyway, apologies to the poster of this thread for jacking.

In my opinion, one needs to be careful believing every little thing that comes up on shrooms.  Don't turn off your ability to THINK and REASON just because you've had an intense and unexplainable experience on mushrooms.

I WON'T say it's bullshit, because I believe everything is possible.  I've had futures come true for me on mushrooms before, mostly stupid stuff like "tomorrow my mother will call," and other minor things like that.  I believe everything is possible, however that doesn't mean I turn off my voice of reason and believe every little thing that happens to me on psychedelics. 

Let's pretend for a moment that this guy's friend saw one possible future.  Well, guess what...there are thousands of thousands of possible futures that could/might/will happen.  That's one future out of thousands that he saw.  Yet he took that one future and declared it as truth to Mystik Mushroom while tripping. 

Number one, I would *never* say something like that to anyone while tripping.  That's just irresponsible and mean.  I don't care if a person wants to know, I would never tell them that. 

Number two, the guy was asked by the original poster what future he saw for him.  So the guy thought about it, and said what he saw, assuming that because he had a wonderful experience with his sig other he could divine other futures as well.  Sounds ego-ish to me. 

Now for three.  Imagine if the original poster decided to believe what his friend had told him.  I can't even fathom how much mental stress that would be.

Yes, shrooms can show us amazing, mystical, wonderful things.  Yes, I believe shrooms can open the floodgates up to other worlds and reveal *possible* futures. 

But then again, as I said I believe that thousands of alternate futures exist.  What the guy said was something that "could" happen, but to believe it is something that *will* happen is just foolish. 

Now as for what my husband experienced, that is his experience alone.  I have my own personal thoughts about his experience that I have shared with him PRIVATELY and not with just anyone on the internet.  Please don't assume you know my opinions about this sort of thing.  :rolleyes:

If my husband *was* using his imagination in his trip, does that make it any less valid for him? 

No.  We are defined by our experiences and this was something that opened his eyes and was special to him. 

All I'm saying is that as voyagers of the mind, we need to be careful to stay grounded and listen to our voices of reason. 

That's all I was trying to say and was not expecting to get jumped on for it. 

To the original poster:  Yes, what your friend saw could happen.  But will it happen?  I doubt it.

Anonymous

Re: Experianced users...HELP [Re: Asante]
    #3420277 - 11/28/04 08:45 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

likely it's just symbolism that has a basis in a FEAR he has from something OF HIMSELF that he REJECTS.

wow, this is very true.  i totally overlooked this possibility. though its not always the case, as wiccan said, it most likely was, damnit i should have known.  :stoned:  but hell yeah man, awesome post.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#3420298 - 11/28/04 08:51 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Kottonmouth said:
Quote:

likely it's just symbolism that has a basis in a FEAR he has from something OF HIMSELF that he REJECTS.

wow, this is very true.  i totally overlooked this possibility. though its not always the case, as wiccan said, it most likely was, damnit i should have known.  :stoned:  but hell yeah man, awesome post.

Well, I agree.  :cool: :heart:

Anonymous

Re: Experianced users...HELP [Re: MOTH]
    #3420395 - 11/28/04 09:09 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

i am so sorry, i didnt even FEEL hostile when i said that to you, i guess i was just a bit disappointed that you may have totally discredited his experience, saying 99.9% and all...just a misunderstanding on my part, but nope, not in the least was i hostile.

and the bringing up of kevins experience was merely an example of how its not always 'imagination' on shrooms, which you seemed to portray you thought in your post. dont take things so heavily, i meant no harm at all, but only to make you think, which really was a mistake aye?, considering you didnt need to(i see that now).

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #3420402 - 11/28/04 09:11 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

hahaha\

this has been an amazing thread :smile:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Experianced users...HELP [Re: Todcasil]
    #3420437 - 11/28/04 09:16 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

Only in dreams have I seen things in the near future. Not events of particular importance either.

I would suggest not to take your friends prediction so seriously. Sometimes people just freak out on shrooms and think up negative ass shit.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#3420441 - 11/28/04 09:17 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Kottonmouth said:
i am so sorry, i didnt even FEEL hostile when i said that to you, i guess i was just a bit disappointed that you may have totally discredited his experience, saying 99.9% and all...just a misunderstanding on my part, but nope, not in the least was i hostile.

and the bringing up of kevins experience was merely an example of how its not always 'imagination' on shrooms, which you seemed to portray you thought in your post.  dont take things so heavily, i meant no harm at all, but only to make you think, which really was a mistake aye?, considering you didnt need to(i see that now).

Sorry hun...I reread my post and realized I sounded defensive in my reply to you earlier.  I took your tone the wrong way.  Plus you could say I'm a bit protective of my hubby.  :blush:  Anytime he's drawn into something, I feel my internal demon go alert for danger.  (if you're reading, sorry baby...) 

No hard feelings Kottonmouth, and I think that we're both pretty much in agreement anyway per Wiccan Seekers post.  I've always enjoyed your enthusiasm and vibrant attitude around here.  :heart:

with peace,

*me*

Anonymous

#3420537 - 11/28/04 09:35 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Plus you could say I'm a bit protective of my hubby

i completely realized that!  and its highly understood, i would be the same of my girl if someone spoke on her. definitely no hard feelings here, either  :heart:

Anonymous

#3420543 - 11/28/04 09:36 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

i can hear everybody now, sarcastically "aaawwwwwwwwww :crazy:" :lol:

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #3421503 - 11/29/04 12:37 AM (12 years, 15 days ago)

awwwwwww!!

no sarcasm though...

now my two cents?

seeing the future, or possible futures.... how doe sthat relate to ones destiny, or fate?  if you believe you have a destiny can you change it?  i guess it wouldnt be destiny then would it :frown:

anyways...

yes, mushrooms allow us to peer into the vaults of time, "forward" and "backwards",  there is definatly a huge difference between imaging and realizing.

i guess im just trying to say i agree with wiccan seeker?

wow, i could ve just said that and stopped typing :laugh:

peace everyone

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #3421509 - 11/29/04 12:40 AM (12 years, 15 days ago)

My point:

Your friends have neither had a baby girl, nor have you overdosed on drugs.

If they have a girl in nine months... JUST SAY NO DUDE!

:smile:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm scared.

Actually, are you wreckless with drugs? Perhaps your friend was voicing a serious fear.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Anonymous

#3421521 - 11/29/04 12:46 AM (12 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Perhaps your friend was voicing a serious fear.

yeah, i bet its fear too.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience