Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Some cyans and some very deadly galerina look-a-likes
    #3382163 - 11/18/04 10:39 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Well guys, these are kinda scary shrooms. They were growing in a place where many people raked the earth.

There were knobby7 cyan pinners. I leave them and come back four or five days later and their gone. There was am man older than I filling his camera case with pinners, pulling them right out of the ground. He said they would be gone if he didn't take them.

I noticed these mushrooms, because from a distance of a few feet they looked like cyans a little.

I'll show some of what i left for growth. Who knows if it will be there later. Many people know.

This first images just shimmers with magic. The flash made the dadelions green sparkle like starts and c glitter. Pixie Shroom Dust.

And these were very visiable mushrooms to the eye when walking by them.

The above three images were from the same habitat. I took many images of them and there are hundrreds of them coming up all over the place.

This next one is from another habitat in short grass with woodchips under the grass in a very green area. This duo was cool and the stems were long and thick.

The one below is from a third habitat of broken braches and wide chips in garden. very thick stemed.

Now the next three images are of a look-a-like questionable mushroom. Probably a very toxic one.

Check out the iamges and see the resemblemsce in some of them in the last two images which resemble the bow-tie cyans shape in these deadly cousins of death.

Here are the look-a-likes

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBitterPill
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Some cyans and some very deadly galerina look-a-likes [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3382230 - 11/18/04 10:59 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Kinda scary, you and I know the Cyans when we see them but I can see a first time hunter picking those up. You should pick a couple of look-alikes and get close shot of the gills and stem so ppl can compare if they are worried about something they picked.

Nice Cyan patch BTW, I'd like to hunt with you sometime.
-BP

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

Re: Some cyans and some very deadly galerina look-a-likes [Re: BitterPill]
    #3382240 - 11/18/04 11:03 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yummy galerinas, my fav  :crazy2:

--------------------

OfflineMajestic
M.I.A.
 User Gallery

Loc: Florence, Oregon
Re: Some cyans and some very deadly galerina look-a-likes [Re: Super_Blunt]
    #3382549 - 11/19/04 12:50 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Not to sound arrogant one bit, but after looking at hundreds of cyan pics online...i couldn't ID one *I* found for the life of me. But as soon as I had vc show me some, it merged my mental knowledge with some hands on experience, which gave me this very strong visual ID...

Which was good because in hendricks today, galerinas were growing right in with the cyans, and I made jared(hasn't seen any ever, online or otherwise) make sure to check all his were bluing and the caps resemembled each other closely. Again, not saying I cant and wont make mistakes..but my main point is, visual research isn't going to hurt you, look at as much as you can because the moment you have that confident security that your ID is right, especially if someone familiar shows you, you will be very much in-sync with the idea of what a cyan is from there on out. (or any other mushroom) ~D

--------------------
"The Oracle at Delphi is quite possibly real...
I watched a documentary on it on Discovery channel."  -Darcho

People will always be tempted to wipe their feet,
on anything with 'welcome' written on it.

:regularshroom:?:regularshroom: "mushroom, what?"
_\ -/_

Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Re: Some cyans and some very deadly galerina look-a-likes [Re: Majestic]
    #3383769 - 11/19/04 11:02 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I dont know its weird man, I found a patch that had some galerinas mimicking the cap wave..... that just chilled me to the bone...I mean yeah I know what Im doing and most people do, and its very unlikely that you would fuck up.....but Ive met some IGNORANT FUCKING HUNTERS.... I met up with someone who would actually ask if "this is close enough"!?? WTF? Theres is no "kind of" or grey area man, Its either it or it isnt. Poor guy was just in wishful thinking mode or something.

InvisibleBorealis
Riverdog

Loc: PNW
Re: Some cyans and some very deadly galerina look-a-likes [Re: deathcapcubensis]
    #3383960 - 11/19/04 11:38 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

At this time of the year gallerinas look more similiar than ever. Check for the rubbery orangy-pink stem to be safe.

--------------------
Freedom of information... act.

Chasing Sunsets.

Edited by Borealis (11/19/04 01:32 PM)

Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Re: Some cyans and some very deadly galerina look-a-likes [Re: Borealis]
    #3385213 - 11/19/04 03:58 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

thanks for the tip :smile:

OfflineSoftRat
Stranger
    #3385374 - 11/19/04 04:31 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

This is why every individual mushroom should be identified, not just a few from the batch. If you insist on a good bluing reaction and purple grey to purple brown spore prints you will be ok! :smile2:

--------------------
Everything I say in these posts is a made up fiction.

Offlinetheshyshroom
Largest ShroomEver
Loc: Boring, WA
Re: Some cyans and some very deadly galerina look-a-likes [Re: SoftRat]
    #3407138 - 11/25/04 02:52 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

There was a girl in Seattle Washington died after eating a gallerina. She mistaken it for a cyan. So be careful and dont eat any mushrooms until you have positively identified it.

--------------------
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger or... More Stupid.

OfflineOompaLoompa
Space Cadet
Loc: Willamette Valley
Re: Some cyans and some very deadly galerina look-a-likes [Re: theshyshroom]
    #3413423 - 11/26/04 06:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the post.  Even though I was sure, you made me go back and make sure that all of my recent finds were bluing, which they were! :thumbup:  I'm not very experienced with hunting (Scratch that.  I'm good at hunting, but not very good at finding! lol ), but I've been really careful to not ingest anything that I wasn't 100% of.  Posts like this keep me from getting lazy though.  Much appreciation MJ!

--------------------
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

R. W. Emerson

Offlinecarrotjuice
Stranger
    #3415547 - 11/27/04 11:08 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'm new to cyan harvesting, and just had a few patches fruit in my yard this week. I'm now doing my homework to make sure I'm 100% with identifying the galerinas. I believe there are also a couple patches of them here as well. They (what I have) seem to me quite simple to differentiate (orange stem, no blue bruising) but is that consistent throughout their lives?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Some cyans and some very deadly galerina look-a-likes [Re: theshyshroom]
    #3416015 - 11/27/04 01:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The dead girl was not in Seattle. The incident occurred on Whidbey Island in 1982. Her and two teenage boys picked a whole patch of G. autumnalis believing them to be P. stuntzii (blue Ringer).

They did not report their illness for three days and the boys are on dialysis and the girl died on Christmas day. I have met the family and mother of this child.
Please do not spread urban legend.

mj

From an internet cafe in the U-district

Edited by mjshroomer (11/27/04 01:55 PM)

Offlinecarrotjuice
Stranger
Re: Some cyans and some very deadly galerina look-a-likes [Re: OompaLoompa]
    #3419682 - 11/28/04 03:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The galerinas in those photos don't appear to have this orange-pink stem that is spoken of. Is it really obvious upon physical inspection? Also, is it true that galerinas are not hygrophanous, whereas cyanescens are?

Edited by carrotjuice (11/28/04 05:35 PM)

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #3419732 - 11/28/04 03:52 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

thanks for sharing your finds

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags