Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
Charity
    #3419673 - 11/28/04 05:31 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

What is an excellent charity to donate to that directly benefits the Iraqi civilians?

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Charity [Re: cb9fl]
    #3419681 - 11/28/04 05:35 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Offlinecb9fl
Re: Charity [Re: OJK]
    #3419720 - 11/28/04 05:49 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Which percentage of donations is allocated to our programmes?
The Federation spends 93.5% of the donations on direct programme costs. The remaining 6.5% is used to cover administrative and other miscellaneous costs.

That's what I was looking for as well.

Thanks.

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #3419726 - 11/28/04 05:49 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Even that isn't a sure bet. The Red Cross/Red Crescent have had to withdraw most operations in Iraq, due to instability. Unfortunately, the chaos in Iraq has approached such a level that no relief organization is really able to help the civilian population. :sad:

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3422541 - 11/29/04 11:59 AM (12 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

cb9fl said:
What is an excellent charity to donate to that directly benefits the Iraqi civilians?

Why not go to your nearest poor hood and buy some food for a single mother with no car and no job because she has no car. Better yet why not ber her a car. :thumbup:

Sending money to Iraq is a noble effort but silly if you ask me. Yeah I know you didn't but there are many many people around you that need help :heart:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Charity [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3422607 - 11/29/04 12:24 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
Quote:

cb9fl said:

Why not go to your nearest poor hood and buy some food for a single mother with no car and no job because she has no car. Better yet why not ber her a car. :thumbup:

Sending money to Iraq is a noble effort but silly if you ask me. Yeah I know you didn't but there are many many people around you that need help :heart:

Because that single mother has the good fortune to live in one of the most affluent countries in the world, and isn't the victim of a war brought about by a foreign aggressor.

Why on earth could anyone describe giving money to help the humanitarian situation in Iraq "silly"?

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3422623 - 11/29/04 12:30 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

You need to look around you, she is a victim. There are many people right here that need help and need their plight brought to the surface.

If more Americans would start to show compassion for the poor in our own country. Then maybe more compassionate people would be elected.

There is power in the service of others. In fact it can be the greatest power of them all.

I am not saying not to send cash to Iraq.

I only suggested to focus on our own needs. The needs of your own country

--------------------

Offlinecb9fl
    #3422753 - 11/29/04 01:19 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Why not go to your nearest poor hood and buy some food for a single mother with no car and no job because she has no car.

Because I already do that by paying taxes.

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3422762 - 11/29/04 01:21 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

Your another person who has ZERO contact with reallity

I have been dealing with the poor and their problems for many years.

You very mistaken

Your taxes do almost nothing

If you think welfare is working think again.

It is a scam

--------------------

InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3422793 - 11/29/04 01:29 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
You need to look around you, she is a victim. There are many people right here that need help and need their plight brought to the surface.

If more Americans would start to show compassion for the poor in our own country. Then maybe more compassionate people would be elected.

There is power in the service of others. In fact it can be the greatest power of them all.

Once again, why focus on the needs "of your own country"?

People are people, no matter where they live. The only difference is, people in America have access to welfare, some free medical services if they are very poor, and are protected by the state. These are luxuries not afforded to civilians in Iraq.

I'm not saying that there aren't people in America that need help, only that those in Iraq are more needy.

Why should imaginary national lines define who you donate your money to to help someone out? Surely you should concentrate on people who's need is greatest.

Offlinecb9fl
    #3422968 - 11/29/04 02:30 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

I'm sure there are many victims in this world that I could help if I chose to do so. I don't.

There are people in Iraq that are without food, clothing and shelter due to United States tax dollars. Because I pay taxes I feel partially responsible for their current predicament. I do not feel responsible for problems Blacks face. I have decided to help the Iraqi's if possible in the way I see fit.

I find it abhorrent that you would deride my attempt to offer support to people in need.

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3423005 - 11/29/04 02:42 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

Your really are a ignorant person

Blacks?

You think the black people are the only poor people?

I think this may be the most ignorant post I have read in a very long time

And I never derailed your attempt at helping the people of Iraq

I simply suggested another alternative to helping people

--------------------

Offlinecb9fl
    #3423025 - 11/29/04 02:51 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Why not go to your nearest poor hood and buy some food for a single mother with no car and no job because she has no car.

The only people I talk to that actually say hood are black. So the mental picture that I created was of a black woman. That is the only reason I said Blacks. I know there are many other people that are poor and guess what? As of right now I am more concerned with helping the people in Iraq.

Do you think that poor people in one of the most affluent countries in the world are in more need than the Iraqis? If you do then by all means spend your time and money on them. I don't and that is why I want to spend my money on someone I think is in more need.

Quote:

Sending money to Iraq is a noble effort but silly if you ask me.

Do you not find that statement derisive or at least deprecatory.

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3423061 - 11/29/04 03:00 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

Yeah I can see how I may have sounded.

If you can understand that I work with our poor. And I see what the problems are.

Let me ask you this?

If you child and the guy down the street child was in need of shoes?

Which child would you take care of?

Yours right?

Same with your country...... in my mind. Take care of your own first.

If Americans would start to truly care for one another than the war in Iraq may have never happened.

I think that we all should pull for one another. Once we become stable and compassionate for ourselves. Then when we go into the world claiming to be compassionate to others , We will be taken serious.

But as long as we can not handle our own poverty. There is no way we can be givin the respect to help others.

What a joke

But not getting of track with this thread.

If think if a person wants to help the people of Iraq then he or she should and feel good about it.

Power to you friend.

--------------------

Invisiblepsilomonkey
Twisted brainwrong of a oneoff man mental

Loc: Airstrip One
    #3423073 - 11/29/04 03:05 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:

It is easier to salve your conscience itch by casting a token into the void that actually doing something, that might make you face any unpleasantness. A few hours is worth a fuck-load more than a few dollars.

InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3423506 - 11/29/04 04:55 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
Yeah I can see how I may have sounded.

If you can understand that I work with our poor. And I see what the problems are.

Let me ask you this?

If you child and the guy down the street child was in need of shoes?

Which child would you take care of?

Yours right?

Same with your country...... in my mind. Take care of your own first.

If Americans would start to truly care for one another than the war in Iraq may have never happened.

I think that we all should pull for one another. Once we become stable and compassionate for ourselves. Then when we go into the world claiming to be compassionate to others , We will be taken serious.

But as long as we can not handle our own poverty. There is no way we can be givin the respect to help others.

What a joke

But not getting of track with this thread.

If think if a person wants to help the people of Iraq then he or she should and feel good about it.

Power to you friend.

How on earth can you compare a member of your family and a member of your country? A member of your family is an individual closely physically and psycologically related to you, whom you love and who relies on your support. You know that person well, you love them. A member of your country is someone with whom you share an incidental bond due to geographic coincidence. The implication that you are fundementally more attached to a stranger who lives in your own country than a stranger who lives in another is, to me, ludicrous.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3423516 - 11/29/04 04:57 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

I guess you can't

And your post is a perfect example of how this country has lost all ties to Patriotism

Sad really :frown:

--------------------

InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3423537 - 11/29/04 05:04 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

Patriotism has a tremendous amount of evil to answer for.

Patriotism is inherently restrictive, divisive, unequal and xenophobic.

It would be, purely in my opinion, a most wonderful thing if Patriotism died.

InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3423547 - 11/29/04 05:08 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

Although, it is worth noting, on reflection, that what I refer to as "Patriotism" is a perversion of a perfectly healthy impulse.

Where Patriotism is the love of one's country and the people of one's country, and seeks constantly to better the country and the lives of those who live in it, it can be a tremendously positive force.

However, where Patriotism sets one's country above other countries, or sets the people of one's country above other peoples, then it is hateful, dangerous and negative.

Increasingly, it is the latter which is regarded as "Patriotism", and it is this that I abhor.

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

#3423585 - 11/29/04 05:16 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

if you have money to give, consider giving to FSRCanada.org... the free spore ring has been suffering lately and could use your support.

And who knows, some iraqi might get some free spores and let him and his buddies and trip out while they watch the nightly artillery light show...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion