Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

hi pub read this!
    #3419028 - 11/28/04 10:47 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

howdy pubbers..long time no see...i just come across this stuff about the drugwar and thought i should post it in a few rooms
sorry if its old news

http://www.stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/239/foiarequest.shtml

http://www.fda.gov/cder/guidance/3602fnl.pdf

not looking too good

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: hi pub read this! [Re: ]
    #3419035 - 11/28/04 10:51 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

3 cross posts so far :wink: must be important

Can you paste the text here? I don't like visiting gov sites.

Anonymous

Re: hi pub read this! [Re: Organic]
    #3419058 - 11/28/04 11:06 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

sure...i thought it was :wink:the other ones pdf..don't know how to put that up

National Drug Intelligence Center Gives Partial Response to DRCNet FOIA Request on "Drug Menace" Web Sites 5/31/02
Last December, the National Drug Intelligence Center (NDIC) quietly released a report, "Drugs and the Internet: An Overview of the Threat to America's Youth (http://www.usdoj.gov:80/ndic/pubs/682/682p.pdf), that purported to examine web sites displaying information facilitating the production, cultivation or use of federally controlled nonprescription drugs, specifically what it referred to as the three "club drugs" MDMA (ecstasy), GHB and LSD.

NDIC identified the "threat" to American young people as information. "The threat to adolescents and young adults in the United States accessing the Internet consists of information, disseminated by drug offenders or others, that is intended to facilitate the production, use, or sale of federally scheduled, nonprescription drugs," NDIC asserted. "Information facilitating production includes explanations of equipment or other resources needed or processes used. Information facilitating use includes explanations of the nature, effects, or administration methods of drugs. Information facilitating sales includes explanations of how or where drugs may be obtained or mechanisms allowing for online purchase of drugs."

In the report, NDIC wrote that it had examined 52 web sites, but "32 web sites were probably associated with drug legalization groups." NDIC did not list the web sites.

DRCNet requested the list of the 52 web sites from NDIC, but NDIC refused to make that information available. DRCNet subsequently filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request on March 27. This week, NDIC responded with a partial list of 37 web sites (see list below), only one of which was an obvious drug reform organization, The Lindesmith Center, now part of the Drug Policy Alliance. (In the typed, unsigned list of web sites delivered by NDIC, Lindesmith was listed as liendasmyth.org. DRCNet verified that there is no liendasmyth.org, but the complete URL with its spelling corrected does point to Lindesmith's ecstasy pages.)

For the remaining 15 web sites, NDIC FOIA officers ruled that identifying information must be withheld because such law enforcement records "could reasonably be expected to constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy."

But in the original NDIC report, the authors were careful to note that: "To ensure compliance with the Privacy Act, NDIC did not collect information on specific individuals."

When DRCNet pointed out the contradiction to NDIC FOIA officer Pamela Nemeth, she replied only that she was told she could not release information on private individuals. "The intelligence unit upstairs compiled this list," she said, "and I would have to take it further up the chain of command if you appeal."

DRCNet will file a FOIA appeal with the Department of Justice on two issues: The contradiction between NDIC's original claim that it did not collect information on specific individuals and its insistence that revealing the remaining web sites would invade someone's privacy, and the fact that 32 web sites "probably associated with drug legalization groups" appear to have vanished.

Except for the Lindesmith Center's ecstasy web page, the web sites revealed by NDIC are a motley group ranging from Dutch GHB sellers to numerous "make LSD" web pages to clear harm reduction sites to psychedelic experience archive sites such as Erowid and the Lycaeum.

While NDIC portrayed the information purveyors it surveyed as "drug offenders, drug culture advocates, advocates of an expanded freedom of expression, and anarchist individuals and groups," some of the web sites listed hardly see themselves that way.

Gary Bense is director of the Lycaeum, home of LEDA, the Lycaeum Entheogen Database, a compendium of information on psychedelic drugs. Bense told DRCNet that the Lycaeum "exists to supply unbiased and factual information concerning consciousness-altering plants and chemicals. As far as we're concerned, providing factual information is the most effective facet of harm reduction, so of course we consider our info 'harm reduction info.'"

And he isn't happy about making the government's "internet drug threat" list. "The intent of this study is obvious, but the effect in the long run will still be nothing more than intimidation," said Bense.

Bill McColl, director of National Affairs for the Drug Policy Alliance, which includes the former Lindesmith Center, was equally displeased at making the list. "This is quite an outrage," he told DRCNet. "I have no idea what they think is a problem here. This web page consists of scientific research, my testimony before the Sentencing Commission and similar items. It is flat-out political speech. Ours is a responsible web site -- we acknowledge that drugs are dangerous and warn people that they need to be careful -- and to characterize it otherwise goes against every principle the founders stood for. The federal government ought to be ashamed of itself," he said.

McColl also lashed out at NDIC for its terminal confusion about harm reduction as "facilitating drug use." "I don't think the government ought to be in business of trying to prevent people from learning harm reduction information," he said. "Drugs are all around us, they are everywhere in our culture, and people have to learn how to live with drugs within the culture. That is the basic mistake the government made and continues to make. Their policy of repression and suppression hasn't worked for 70 years of drug prohibition. Why do they think it will work now?"

With the "war on terror" already leading to greatly expanded police powers, the NDIC study takes on especially ominous overtones. "It's absolutely clear they're aiming at political speech," said McColl. "This is stunning, even for this administration with its record of secrecy and attempts to crack down on dissent."

The following are the 37 web sites provided by NDIC. Note that some appear to be outdated or no longer functioning.

Cokehead.8m.com/custom2.html
Ecstasy.org
English.de-sjamaan.nl
Heffter.org
Hipforums.com/viewthread.php3?FID=22&TID=2502
Leda.lycaeum.org/chemicals/mdma.139.shtml
Neutron.et.tudelft.nl/cupido_eest/cup_xtc.html
Rhodium.lycaeum.org/chemistry/index.html
Shovelcat.com/ghb_info/another.html
Vitalchemistry.com
Wads.www9.50metgs.com/lsd3.html
www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/x_08.htm
www.altculture.com
www.aromadome.com/ecstasy
www.a-structures/com/dam/ghb.html
www.biopsychiatry.com/mdma.htm
www.camarklabs.com
www.elitefitness.com/ubb/Archives/Forum1/03-2001/052642.html
www.erowid.org
www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd.shtml
www.geocities.com/Hotsprings/Spa/5932
www.ghb.org/chemistry.html
www.ghb-online.com
www.highlife.nl/archief/1999/1999-6/ghb_eng.html
www.lindesmith.org/library/ecstasy_index.html
www.lycaeum.org
www.mylifeboat.com/ghb.htm
www.nepenthes.lycaeum.org/drugs/mdma
www.powerhousesupplements.com/verve.htm
www.raversunity.com/about/about.html
www.renewtrients.com
www.roninpub.com
www.rxorg.com
www.torontonightclub.com/drugs.htm
www.totse.com/en/drugs/pscychedelics/makelsd.html
www.undergroundnews.com/Kbase/underground/hacking/makelsd.htm
www.xenopharmacophilia.com/ee/Practicalghb.html

-- END --

Issue #239, 5/31/02 Editorial: Skating on the Edge of Propriety | New DRCNet/StopTheDrugWar.org Merchandise Out -- Discounted Purchase Available | DEA Forges Alliance With Women Legislators Group to Wage War on Club Drugs, Terror | DEA Raids Another California Medical Marijuana Dispensary Even as Advocates Gear Up for Day of Action Next Friday | FBI Ends Drug War Role to Concentrate on Terror War | Western Australia to Cite, Not Arrest, Marijuana Users Under State Government Plan | National Drug Intelligence Center Gives Partial Response to DRCNet FOIA Request on "Drug Menace" Web Sites | Report Charges Taft Administration Subverts Election in Ohio, Allies with PDFA and CADCA in Effort to Defeat Initiative | Newsbrief: Seven Up Pulls "Prison Rape" Commercial Under Threat of Boycott | Newsbrief: Feds Use RICO Against Virginia Oxycontin Doctor | Newsbrief: US 9th Circuit Rules Religious Marijuana Use on Federal Lands Okay | Newsbrief: Cannabis Cafe Vows to Open in England, Another in Scotland | Newsbrief: Tennessee Town Pays for Drug Raid Killing | Newsbrief: Oakland Rogue Cops Go on Trial | Newsbrief: Will Foster Arrested on Minor Parole Violation in California, May Face Return to Oklahoma Prison | Newsbrief: Swaziland Row Over Rasta Royals | Newsbrief: Marijuana Advocate Sues Over Hawaii Aerial Eradication Program | Newsbrief: Ed Thompson Does Weedstock, Says Legalize It | Newsbrief: British Magazine "The New Statesman" Calls for Drug Legalization | Newsbrief: Weird Scenes Inside the Pretoria Ford Plant | The Reformer's Calendar  Mail this article to a friend
Send us feedback on this article
This issue -- main page
This issue -- single-file printer version
Drug War Chronicle -- main page
Chronicle archives
Subscribe now!  PERMISSION to reprint or redistribute any or all of the contents of Drug War Chronicle (formerly The Week Online with DRCNet is hereby granted. We ask that any use of these materials include proper credit and, where appropriate, a link to one or more of our web sites. If your publication customarily pays for publication, DRCNet requests checks payable to the organization. If your publication does not pay for materials, you are free to use the materials gratis. In all cases, we request notification for our records, including physical copies where material has appeared in print. Contact: StoptheDrugWar.org: the Drug Reform Coordination Network, P.O. Box 18402, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 293-8340 (voice), (202) 293-8344 (fax), e-mail [Email]drcnet@drcnet.org.[/Email] Thank you.
Articles of a purely educational nature in Drug War Chronicle appear courtesy of the DRCNet Foundation, unless otherwise note

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Loc: The Dark Tower
    #3419066 - 11/28/04 11:12 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

at least the shroomery aint on that list :thumbup: It is some bullshit though

--------------------
Anjaba said:
Oh shit, don't drink it.... It would eat away your esophagus...
mantis said:
Leave me out of this pissing contest, you fascist wang-dang-doodle!
Hattori Hanzo said:
If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut

Edited by beejay (11/28/04 11:12 AM)

Anonymous

Re: hi pub read this! [Re: beejay]
    #3419069 - 11/28/04 11:16 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yes but who are the other 15 sites?
makes me wonder

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #3419076 - 11/28/04 11:19 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

That's not the full list.

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Loc: The Dark Tower
    #3419081 - 11/28/04 11:21 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

www.lycaeum.org
www.erowid.org
www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd.shtml
well these are pretty popular and most of the people around here use em from time to time. Stupid to shut em down as they provide lots of info on how to be safe and not stupid in your use of certain substances. If the US gov wants a bunch of kids ODin, sure they should shut em down. People are gonna use drugs regardless of internet use... those sites just provide proper information so less people get hurt. Just like the good ole shroomery

--------------------
Anjaba said:
Oh shit, don't drink it.... It would eat away your esophagus...
mantis said:
Leave me out of this pissing contest, you fascist wang-dang-doodle!
Hattori Hanzo said:
If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut

InvisibleTheHateCamel
    #3419089 - 11/28/04 11:26 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

They would much rather have everyone know nothing about drugs.

I bet the Shroomey was on that list.

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
Re: hi pub read this! [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #3419092 - 11/28/04 11:26 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote me, "Fuck Em'"

The laws of man mean little to me.

--------------------

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Re: hi pub read this! [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #3419095 - 11/28/04 11:29 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

See you in prison.

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
    #3419104 - 11/28/04 11:32 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TheHateCamel said:
See you in prison.

Yup, probably. And for what? Because I don't think that a man that was born of woman the same as me has the right to tell me that I can't eat a friggin shroom? I think the world has a wicked perception of human rights and they all need a good trip.

--------------------

Anonymous

#3419113 - 11/28/04 11:38 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

you can all move down here but leave those stupid drug laws with yas...you get a little bonus with the exchange rate too :wink:

i'm afraid to say that it will come to an end here in australia before too long anyway...we have to work it out first,see how much money the man can make with different options to consider but it will come to pass eventually

InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
Re: hi pub read this! [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #3419138 - 11/28/04 11:51 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

They all need a major psychedelic kick up the backside

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies