Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFarmerD
journeyman
 User Gallery

Loc: US OF A BABY!!!!!!
Stinky Contam
    #3419112 - 11/28/04 01:37 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Today I looked to see if anything had happened as far as growth in my jars that I have recently inoculated...all 6 of my eq jar have gone bad and I dontknow why.....must have been a bad syringe or something.
It had to have been because I don't know what else may have cause something like that.....it is like a green stinky wet spot in the jar...you cant really tell yet if it is green but it smells bad and it looks like nasty wet spots...could the cause be because of too much innoculant to initiate the culture? I used a whole fucking syringe on six jars...then inoculated 20 others with a single syringe and ALL those jars are doing just fine...Let me know what you think.

--------------------
None of these statements are to be taken seriously. FarmerD is a fictional character, and so are the things he posts.

"He who reaches for the stars often stumble on a simple straw."
Blue Fairy Supplies for all your shrooming needs!
Special thanks to MushroomMadness for great deals!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

Re: Stinky Contam [Re: FarmerD]
    #3420207 - 11/28/04 08:31 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Hard to say; Keeping at least one jar aside, uninoculated, as a negative control is very helpful in pinpointing the source of problems. If it goes bad, you know something is amiss with the substrate prep/sterilization/cooling steps. Because you used a second syringe successfully, this basically accomplishes the same thing. Something in that first inoculation went awry; Whether you just added too much liquid to each jar [which can encourage problems] or whether the syringe was contaminated, is hard to say for for sure.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum