Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
You are NOT going to beleive this...
    #341896 - 06/15/01 11:25 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

OK, so this probably isn't what I think it is, but I thought I'd just post here and see what you guys say.

A few months ago when I had absolutley no clue about cultivation (not that I do now), I picked all these Cubies that ended up full of parasites. I used them to get some spore prints. Anyway on my way to Uni one day I saw bags of cow poop for sale for a few dollars. I stopped and bought one and mixed in all the caps and spore prints and chucked it in my backyard, not expecting, even then that anything would happen. I put it in two piles, one big pile and a small one. Later they got run over by the lawnmower and flattened some-what. Anyway, I just stopped checking because it was such a stupid idea. Today I was just photographing my back yard and noticed that the bigger pile had a fine white coat of fuzzy stuff all over it! I pushed it with my finger to see if it would go blue but it didn't. I took a few photos that I'll post here if anyway requests. On close examination, the smaller pile too had a very, very faint patch of white stuff on it as well. That couldn't be what I think it is could it? It's quite faint - not snow-white and looks like a mold of some type. I was thinking of getting a bit and trying to put it in one of my not yet innoculated but sterilized substrate jars. What do you reckon?

Give me a woman that loves beer and I could conquer the world

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilocybin
Re: You are NOT going to beleive this... [Re: oO_wombat_Oo]
    #341902 - 06/15/01 11:33 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

molds and fungi are growing everywhere this type of year. Theirs a good chance that you have some shrooms growing their, but I would wait before you get too excited. Keep an eye on it, if it rains make sure you check it the next day, take photos if anythign grows. that would be really cool if some pop up.

Get Spores for Free!!!

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: You are NOT going to beleive this... [Re: Psilocybin]
    #342504 - 06/16/01 09:48 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

'This time of year' is cool and temperate, going in to winter. Thanks for the reply. I think I might try and put some of it into one of my substrate jars. I guess it will probably get contaminated, but the first thing probably (definatley?) wouldn't have worked either, and it seems it may have.

OfflineFina
Banana Spacegirl

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Re: You are NOT going to beleive this... [Re: oO_wombat_Oo]
    #342589 - 06/17/01 12:01 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hey wombat, there could very well be cubensis mycellium at work in there. Seeing you had lots of shrooms and spores to spare, it wasn't a stupid idea at all. Taking some of the fuzz from the dung and placing it directly into substrate jars is probably going to fail though, you'll almost certainly get contams. But wait till summer comes round and you might get a pleasant surprise! Alot of people have had success this way.

Peace, love & pointy things,
Fina

--------------------
"On the last day of your life,
Don't forget to die." -- Silver Jews

OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: You are NOT going to beleive this... [Re: Fina]
    #342707 - 06/17/01 08:43 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Alot of people? really? I went down and looked today and there's a patch of peach colored fuzz growing near it too! weird...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate