Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemikl
I am perception
 User Gallery

Loc: Memphis, TN
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #3554485 - 12/28/04 08:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Shroom sepositories? Eat them! For their sake if not your own. How could someone mistake which end to put 'em in? How would that compare, they wouldn't even digest.....

--------------------
MAY YOU BE NURTURED BY THE FRUITS OF YOUR LABOR.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePSYTECKIE
EnthnobotanicalEnthusiast
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: mikl]
    #3559370 - 12/29/04 10:14 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I am new to all of this, but I thank all of you for the insights and experiences to relate to. I have never tripped or taken any psychedilic before and am anxious to try mushrooms out. I am attempting to grow some and they seem to be doing fairly well so far. I have good colonization in 11 out of 12 half pint jars and hopefully in the next month or so can report on my first time to trip. Thanks for the updates and the info!

--------------------
The great business of man is to improve his mind, and govern his manners: all other projects and pursuits, whether in our power to compass or not, are only amusements. -PLINY

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: PSYTECKIE]
    #3562036 - 12/30/04 03:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I am new to all of this, but I thank all of you for the insights and experiences to relate to. I have never tripped or taken any psychedilic before and am anxious to try mushrooms out. I am attempting to grow some and they seem to be doing fairly well so far. I have good colonization in 11 out of 12 half pint jars and hopefully in the next month or so can report on my first time to trip. Thanks for the updates and the info!

Hey, welcome to the Shroomery!
Use the coming weeks to learn everything there is to know about mushrooms. Read the site beyond these boards, visit www.erowid.org anmd click some of my links, they give access to some very good articles :thumbup:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinetheknighterrant
errant knight
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere in western cana...
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: Asante]
    #3564835 - 12/31/04 10:19 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i thought it sounded like you knew your stuff. Grinspoon and Bakalar did some solid work, and i was particularly fascinated with how much argument went into the attempt to locate the proper term of reference for these substances (ei: what do we call them?). They were at least aware that diction determines ontology. Names have power.

McKenna did some solid anthropology too, though he does come across as a nut case sometimes. indeed, i am rather taken with his argument in "Food of the Gods" that self awareness, language and spirituality gave rise co-dependantly through primate hallucinogen use.

Grof's techniques (or ones closely approximating their results if not the particular format) for inducing hallucinogenic states are rather widespread in certain cultures where hallucinogen use is minimal or nonexistant (i am thinking of india here in particular, despite soma, which to me has not yet been positively identified and is clearly a lost sacrament). Eliade presents the argument (one i do not agree with) that hallucinogen use in religious/shamanic ritual is representative of 'degenerated' cultures where previously used non-substance related ecstatic techniques were lost. Harner also did some interesting work with breathing and drumming. Grof was clearly on to something, however i do have some problems with the theory of the holotropic universe. i believe that the universe is far stranger and mysterious than that, working from principles we are only beginning to comprehend. The idea of holographic conciousness is very compelling however. . .

it remains one of the great tragedies of theraputic medicine that hallucinogen psychotherapy was suspended. it worked for our ancestors for thousands and thousands of years.

"Psychedelics up the ante: there is more to lose but also more to gain then if you were not to partake." indeed. there is the old saw that man can never study the mind because we must use the mind to do so. i feel that psychedelics allow just such a study by altering our consciousness and allow at least semi-detatched self reflexion. One thinks and feels in a different manner. such a state can be useful in understanding your own consciousness and sapience. of course i could be talking out of my ass.

tke

--------------------
The oldest and strongest emotion of man is fear. The oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
--H.P. Lovecraft

Demented Piper Press

OfflinePSYTECKIE
EnthnobotanicalEnthusiast
    #3580435 - 01/04/05 04:44 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the welcome. I am quite the fan of Erowid and have used it extensively to research other natural substances such as wild dagga, salvia divinorum, cannabis and acorus calamus. There is so much information here it is hard to tell where to start, however seeing the pictures in the grow teks gets me very excited! I'll keep you guys updated on things go when I get to that first trip. :grin:

--------------------
The great business of man is to improve his mind, and govern his manners: all other projects and pursuits, whether in our power to compass or not, are only amusements. -PLINY

Invisiblekake Happy Birthday!
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: PSYTECKIE]
    #3618003 - 01/12/05 12:59 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

great poll! I haven't posted in years (literally) but I'm not the least surprised to see this place turn into a real mecca of knowledge.  6 years ago I was lost, looking for deeper answers to the meaningful questions of life.  The shroomery is one of a handful of resources I found that changed my life forever, and remains that way today, on so many levels. 

At college, I had some friends who would insist you couldn't have a "good" trip (meaning achieving that sense of awe and connection with the universe) unless at least 2-2.5grams were ingested.  I am happy to see that many people feel a single gram can be enough to send you to the moon.  Wiccan_Seeker:  you are absolutely right about putting yourself in nature on a moonless night, in cases like this, a gram is more than enough to invoke tremendous feelings.  I think we live in an age of information(sensory)-overload, so much that we tend to block out much of what surrounds us.  Edit: consider sensory deprivation, or imagine being in one of those tubs, a hallucination within itself.  This can detract from a trip if you do not open yourself to the new perspective you're given on mushrooms, and is likely the reason my friends felt a medium dose was absolutely necessary.

we can't forget, tripping is not for everyone.  Although I feel the majority of people who have never experienced a psychedelic experience could benefit from such an experience, sometimes its as though the opportunity to permanently change ones perspective has already fled and the utility in tripping would thus be severely dwindled  (if that doesnt make sense I apologize) :smile:  the bottom line is don't pressure yourself or anyone into tripping, it has to be a self-made decision, this is KEY!!!

peace

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Edited by kake (06/20/05 07:43 PM)

InvisibleColonel Kurtz Ph.D
What What?
Male User Gallery
Loc: Shadow Moses
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: kake]
    #3620184 - 01/12/05 07:16 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

So Wiccan... May I ask how is the paper going? Have you started writting it yet?

--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #3642342 - 01/18/05 06:16 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

So Wiccan... May I ask how is the paper going? Have you started writting it yet?

Nope, I've decided to get as many responses as we can get before writing that paper, which I will. It's amazing how many Shroomerites are responding!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineDeviantPenguin
Plays With Fire
    #3645191 - 01/18/05 07:30 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

GREAT poll, very interesting. A question, which I would make a thread but I'm new to the forms... I have always tripped with around a half an 8th at a time. I have enjoyed that, and while I may think about upping the dosage a bit I would like to know if you dose, then once you start to feel effects strongly (maybe an hour or so in) dose again.. Do you stay around the same level for a longer time or do you just keep going on up? Is it possible to repeat this over and over? Are you better off just taking a bunch at once? Help me out here..

Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

Loc: pnw
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: DeviantPenguin]
    #3647245 - 01/19/05 06:14 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I would say that your better off just doseing once, especially if your new to the drug.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: DeviantPenguin]
    #3770954 - 02/12/05 01:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

For me, it doesn't work. I've done 4 then when the peak passed did another 2 to try and prolong the peak. Didn't happen. It just seemed to make the wind down last longer. I think you may only have one peak in you due to the depletion of neurohumors.

To WS, don't read too much into the low numbers of people who have been tripping for 20+ years. Don't forget the bias inherent in your sample group, i.e. overwhelmingly in their 20's.

--------------------

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: zappaisgod]
    #3774087 - 02/13/05 12:31 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hmmm, No Ps. Mexicana in the list.

The Fruit of the Ps. Mexicana is my favorite!!

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: zappaisgod]
    #3778597 - 02/14/05 12:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The trick is to re-dose BEFORE or DURING the peak, not after.

The problem is, if you re-dose before the peak, you have NO CLUE how hard you are going to trip w/o the re-dose.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinebent
bent1

Loc: ny
    #3787507 - 02/16/05 12:57 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I would introduce someone to the Mushroom to build a mature longterm relationship with it instead of getting high for kicks.
Us geezers got other priorities then the young'uns!

me too. im 19 tho. it dont take me long for things. but there are so many more things! i cant wait! but ya they are better when its just not for kicks.

Invisiblesever
Where am I?
    #3867963 - 03/04/05 01:24 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

~

Edited by sever (07/17/06 04:02 PM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: sever]
    #3869736 - 03/04/05 07:17 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

I imagine, as long as Wiccan is here, there will be a new poll every year :wink:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineA2Slash
Stranger
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: Rose]
    #3926069 - 03/16/05 03:13 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

I was very surprised on way of ingesting them, 'anus'? That's a new one. I like alot of light in my trips, nature in the dark vs day, I'd chose day. I know I'll still have just as much fun either way. I think a question of where you're from in the poll would be good. I've never heard of anyone eating less than an 8th. Pacific Northwest. I think someone shrooming and someone not, do not go well together. Unless-that person is a shroomer, sorta. My first trip I had blue ringers, I don't what the scientific name is though. I'm very sorry for those whos trips aren't always easy as pie, and those who have ever had a bad trip. It's all positive to me so far.

OfflineMykul
Shaman of Analog
 User Gallery

Loc: From Seattle to Palm Spri...
    #4003231 - 04/01/05 11:39 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
:shocked: 19% sticks their mushrooms up their anus?!
Are we truthin' on that one, people?

Well I've heard tell of people making a tea letting it cool then inserting it up the ass. My friend works in an ER and said that at the local collage, he gets one to two people trippin so hard from the shroom enema a month that they need a narcotic to help them calm down. :rolleyes:

--------------------

OfflineShr00m86
Noobie

Loc: PA
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: Mykul]
    #4286065 - 06/12/05 09:06 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I hope not, when I read anus I was like whoa, nothing is ever going to be shoved up there, that's a one Way Hershey highway, not a two way tunnel >_<

--------------------
"What is this!"

OfflineMM_MM
Stranger
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: Shr00m86]
    #4303636 - 06/16/05 12:51 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

lmao does it give you the same affect if you put them in your anus...... lol and why is it becuase ov the taste or what

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale