Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetheknighterrant
errant knight
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere in western cana...
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: Asante]
    #3432303 - 12/01/04 10:49 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

interesting points you've brought up. there have been a number of times when low doses have moved me into the otherworld with profound and lasting impact. although i must point out that i have also had profound and lasting spiritual contact with the otherworld on large amounts of teonanacatl.
actually, an experience similar to the one you recounted above, but with 5g dried.
my fellow shaman and i were camped in a high pass in the Canadian Rockies. we had spent the day gathering firewood from the treeline for a small fire (which in the end we did not light). the moon was in quarter phase and rose late. the profound silence and blackness with only the stars in their profusion above was a most profound experience of prebirth, and when the moon rose and lit the mountains below us we were most certainly in the otherworld.
since there is no way to render an understandable account in language (and the mere attempt would be to reduce the experience to the mundane), i will let you have to imagine what was like; surrounded in silver. (i am also quite certain that you can)
i have digressed from my point which was that while small doses provide deep spiritual experience when used correctly, one must not forget that now and then, you have to step bodily into the nagual/otherworld/whatever you want to call it. large doses have their place in dealing with the spirit world and the universe at large as well.

tke

--------------------
The oldest and strongest emotion of man is fear. The oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
--H.P. Lovecraft

Demented Piper Press

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetheknighterrant
errant knight
 User Gallery

Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: audiovideodork]
    #3432333 - 12/01/04 10:59 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i'm with you on this one.
lsd-25 is, however, a little more spiritual in my experience. i liken the two to this.
hongitos open the door to the otherworld. you walk in, look around or cast your magic, and leave.
lsd opens the door and plunks you somewhere on the other side without a map and lets you fend for yourself.
then again i have done some large doses of lsd.

tke

--------------------
The oldest and strongest emotion of man is fear. The oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
--H.P. Lovecraft

Demented Piper Press

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: theknighterrant]
    #3440935 - 12/03/04 02:31 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Woo-hoo! We're 2 voters away from making the last question pass the 100 voter mark, which means I can write a paper about it! :smile2:

TheKnighterRant, it may sound mundane but by all means read the manuscript called "Best Tripping Manual" linked in my sig. It's mushrooms from a medical/therapeutic viewpoint and for a fellow shaman it contains vital information :thumbup:

By no means did I want to come down harshly on high doses of mushrooms. They most certainly have their place. But, a trend I see is that most high-dosers trip high-dose only because it allows them to elude confrontation. These people are quite happy on higher doses but would feel very uncomfortable on low doses because a low dose doesn't tend to take you *AWAY* like a high dose can.

With a high dose many can flee into *un*spiritual realms whereas on a low dose you tend to be cast onto yourself. When on a high dose Spirituality/Profundity cannot be ignored anymore, it often comes in the form of a bad trip.

In the land of one-eighths and one-fourths I am the ambassador for the Low Dose. All of you, listen very carefully:

On a low dose you often get nagging uncomfortable feelings. These are not caused by insufficient dosage, but by your resistance against the flow of the Life Force and resistance against the way of the world. If you learn how to feel at peace with low, non-overwhelming doses you learn how to find higher peace with your Self and the Universe at large.
And many, far too many are not really present in THIS world, so it is pointless and even dangerous to have them exploring/fleeing into ANOTHER world.

You state yourself to be a shaman, therefore I consider you to be one.
My personal experience is that even with 0.5gr of mushrooms you can leave your body behind on the wings of this Plant Teacher.

The Mushroom is Sacred to me and so i see the value of the high dose and the low, and the spirituality of being with the live mushroom and letting it's attractive force pull you across the fields to find it. :heart:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #3440950 - 12/03/04 02:46 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Very, very well said.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: Rose]
    #3442105 - 12/03/04 12:05 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
Very, very well said.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#3445281 - 12/04/04 09:39 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Snap!

135 people have voted until now and the least popular question passed the 100 voter mark!:thumbup:

Please vote if you haven't voted yet but with n = 100+ I can make a nice write-up of the preliminary results  :evil:
I'll keep y'all posted!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlinetwilight715
Just anotherFreak in theFreak Kingdom

#3446713 - 12/04/04 05:42 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i shall pretend that 6,000 others haven't already said this and that i am somehow original in my praise:

great poll, WS! can't wait for the write up.

--------------------
"He was too weird to live, and too rare to die."
- Hunter S. Thompson

"Mushrooms have no known adverse side-effects, other than leaving you feeling fatigued and probably surrounded by a load of mad paintings and some half-eaten chocolate bars."

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: twilight715]
    #3448978 - 12/05/04 05:37 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup:

Great poll! :smile:

InvisibleColonel Kurtz Ph.D
What What?
Male User Gallery
Loc: Shadow Moses
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: Annom]
    #3449335 - 12/05/04 09:33 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

n=100+ Well well well... You know what you have to do now right? :rotfl:

Hahahaha, j/k. :iloveyou:

--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #3452017 - 12/05/04 09:25 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

:bow: Good poll.

--------------------

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #3467735 - 12/08/04 10:03 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Deepman said:
Very interesting results. I especially find interesting that no one has spiritual but non-pleasurable trips. I'll make sure my g/f sees this, I'm trying to convince her to try mushis...

If she agrees, make sure she's totally willing and not doing it under pressure ( well, you know what I mean..) because not being truly convinced about it is surely a major risk factor for a catastrophic trip!

.fs.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #3469208 - 12/09/04 06:41 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

In one of the few instances he made sense :evil: Leary said:

LSD should never be given. It should only be taken.

Remember your GF looks up to you as the Experienced One and Lover. Remember that it's your responsibility she doesn't take the mushrooms to please you but as a personal choice.

Chinacat72's thread "LSD: from Crystal to Blotter" in Other Drugs might help too. If she isn't up to the long read or doesn't like what she sees, she might not be ready.

oh just look at that!  175 Shroomery Mushroom people did the poll and the least popular question got 134 replies.
As Tiny Tim said: "God bless you, ten-strips for every one of you!" :heart:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Edited by Asante (12/09/04 06:45 AM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#3470302 - 12/09/04 11:54 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I LOVE strippers.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleColonel Kurtz Ph.D
What What?
Male User Gallery
Loc: Shadow Moses
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #3472468 - 12/09/04 07:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fIsh in my head said:

If she agrees, make sure she's totally willing and not doing it under pressure ( well, you know what I mean..) because not being truly convinced about it is surely a major risk factor for a catastrophic trip! 

.fs.

Yeah, I KNOW what you meant. Don't worry :wink:

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:

LSD should never be given. It should only be taken.

Remember your GF looks up to you as the Experienced One and Lover. Remember that it's your responsibility she doesn't take the mushrooms to please you but as a personal choice.

Chinacat72's thread "LSD: from Crystal to Blotter" in Other Drugs might help too. If she isn't up to the long read or doesn't like what she sees, she might not be ready.

Sure thing! "The thumbprint" thread is very a valuable read in this situation also :wink:
Don't worry tho, I'll make sure she has a wonderful time in the case she freely decides she wants to. She's not my first "babysitted" one either, but your advice is, as always, excellent, Wiccan :wink: :heart:

Edited by Deepman (12/09/04 07:22 PM)

Offlinetheknighterrant
errant knight
 User Gallery

#3475895 - 12/10/04 12:03 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

interesting stuff in that link, seeker. it is a pity that the establishment frequently denies the use of lsd and other mind altering substances for mental therapy. ahh, the short sightedness of the government. have you read Grinspoon and Bakalar's "Psychedelic Drugs Reconsidered"? It is an in depth survey of psychedelic drugs and entheogens and their use in theraputic and non theraputic settings, the laws and the consequences of their use and illegality. Highly recommended. I would assume that you are also familiar with the works of Leary and McKenna. Particularly Leary's when he was first investigating the use of lsd and psilocin before his "conversion". Personally, I am not in line with some of his more radical ideas of lsd as a religion in itself, but a number of his other proposals are valuable. One in particular is the idea of a professional class of 'trip sitters' (for lack of a better term).
One a different note, sorry if my tone was harsh, but i don't think i was ranting!

tke

--------------------
--H.P. Lovecraft

Demented Piper Press

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#3476263 - 12/10/04 01:13 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Grinspoon and Bakalar's "Psychedelic Drugs Reconsidered"  aaaah I read that as an early teen! as a 13yo i believe. One of the first good books that gave me real information!

Because scare tactics just don't cut it. Even as a kid you see right through it. And if you read alot and connect the dots.. That's how most books are writtemn nowadays.

There's a vast body of information, all you need is people who see the connection nobody saw before.

McKenna.. The problem with his audio tapes is that at first you get the overwhelming sensation he's a nutjob. :wink:
If you see a tape/.wmv (like Timewave Zero) you refine this to a recluse nutjob shunned by normalcy.
That turns people off. If you want peope to know what Psychedelics are the last person you want is McKenna.

Nontheless he and Leary have held great points of view and had amazing insights.

The perfect wedding between science and science-to-be in my view are the works of Stanislav Grof MD, particularly LSD PSYCHOTHERAPY. Independently of him I came to the conclusion that any part of the Universe holds the Whole entirely: The Holotropic Universe.
Fantastic read, he even discovered a method where you can reach psychedelic states without psychedelic drugs called "Holotropic Breathwork".

I really believe that Psychedelics should be ingrained into our culture, that there are centers where you can go and explore the Within with aid of Psychedelic professionals.
Sidney Cohen once said: "LSD might be a drug for the best of us, rather then the worst of us." And I think he was right. People with psychologic issues need intensive guidance of a medical nature whereas the reasonably healthy are more in need of a structural guidance.

Psychedelics up the ante: there is more to lose but also more to gain then if you were not to partake.

:heart:So many of us keep filling in the Poll and let themselves be heard for the good of the community... We're gathering information here that is up to the greatest psychedelic studies. Over 175 mushroom trippers from all ages, grades of experience and all over the world have already aded their info. The Shroomery is a treasure for Psychedelic information gathering! :heart:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#3489907 - 12/13/04 06:05 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Weeeee! Some questions have already passed the 200-voter mark :grin:

If you haven't voted yet, please do so and add to our knowledge!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3495157 - 12/13/04 11:43 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

maybe get a sticky in the other forums directing users to THE GREAT MUSHROOM POLL? i think it would be very beneficial to the community to have an even larger number of surveyed folks. excellent poll, trully excellent.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: TODAY]
    #3495544 - 12/14/04 01:30 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Especially cultivation, lots of trippers in there.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: Rose]
    #3496543 - 12/14/04 10:18 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I wish there were some more polls.

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order