Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleColonel Kurtz Ph.D
What What?
Male User Gallery
Loc: Shadow Moses
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: Asante]
    #3421183 - 11/28/04 09:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:

If your 3gr was bad (meaning you had problems handling it i assume), why go for 5 grams?

I had to sort things out with myself that's all. That's why I said that it was a bad YET marvelous trip. I learned so much about myself and everything else, and felt SO free... in fact that sensation has never gone away, and it was by far my best trip ever. It was just... difficult :wink: And that was the way I wanted it.

Quote:

Tripping is a 24/7 commitment.

Absolutely. A lifetime commitment I'd say. Every trip has changed me forever.

Quote:

How can 1.5gr hardly be worthwhile if YOU are worthwhile?
A low dose is every bit as profound as a high dose if you truly open yourself to it.

I agree openhearthly. I didn't mean it that way. You see, my friends use to think of mushis as some funny drug and take just 1gr for laughs. I tend to be more spiritually involved with mushis and like larger doses. So as you can see, I'm a little biased. But I agree smaller doses can be very spiritual. (I just prefer LSD in those quantities, more time to think. I prefer mushis for harder trips)

I hope this clears up the confusion, I didn't mean any disrespect at all. Just my way, you know :P

--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #3421598 - 11/28/04 11:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

another beautiful, and informative thread :heart:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#3422331 - 11/29/04 07:32 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hey man, all ok!

I have nothing against high dosees, in fact I did quite some of those. But some high-dosers look down on low-dosers and advise enormous amounts to newbies, often based on their own tolerance.

Ah so you're a "low LSD, high Mushrooms" kinda tripper! Contrary to popular belief I myself find LSD -milder- then Mushrooms, it's only heavy load lies in its duration which is twice that of mushrooms.
LSD to me tends to be more generic and "clean" while Mushrooms are all over the place with fuzzy little details and "organic" visuals and at higher doses it presents itself as an Entity, which I didn't experience with LSD.

My own experiences with mushrooms outnumber those on LSD by 7:1 and I've always been connected for a blot or dot and Shrooms are legal headshopitems here in Holland! (in the UK too nowadays, but more hesitantly)

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineZirus666
Shpongled.

Loc: U.K.
    #3422398 - 11/29/04 08:29 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ya in the uk I buy 30g vacuum packed boxes of fresh coplandia totaly legaly over the net, shipped in from the netherlands.... they even have a sellby date on them :mushroomgrow: :shocked: :laugh:

--------------------
Spotted dowhaters shpongled trollywognogs!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Go on! Make a sentance I dare ya! eheheh
If you like UO www.novusopiate.com

What What?
Male User Gallery
    #3422651 - 11/29/04 10:44 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I totally agree with you. Mushrooms are more overwhelming (specially in visual terms) IMHE, but the duration of LSD is too much to go with large doses for me right now. I don't feel ready yet for a full blown trip on LSD, and it's impossible to get here in Spain also so...

Quote:

some high-dosers look down on low-dosers and advise enormous amounts to newbies, often based on their own tolerance.

I don't quite fall under that category. I find the 1-1.5gr range the best for the first time. Even tho my first time with LSD was a fairly large dose I think is too risky. Better to increment the dose after a few first mild trips, just to know where you're heading.

Quote:

Mushrooms are all over the place with fuzzy little details and "organic" visuals and at higher doses it presents itself as an Entity, which I didn't experience with LSD.

I definitely know what you mean by entity :smile:

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: The Great Mushroom Poll [Re: Asante]
    #3422845 - 11/29/04 11:45 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

First of all, great poll.  However, the question: "Do you close your eyes or like darkness when you trip?" is not appropriate given the choices available.  For myself, it all depends on mood and the direction I wish to guide my experience.  However the two choices available only provide for an all-or-none response.

Other than that, I would just like to stress that persons new to the psychedelic experience should aim to eat 1gram dried or less of p. cubensis, as these drugs are very powerful and most everyone with no prior experience regarding hallucinogens will receive a profound and exhilarating experience from 1g or less of properly dried cubensis.  My first dose was ~0.5-0.75 g dried and it absolutely blew me away, any stronger and I likely wouldn't have been able to function in the environment I was in (some public arenas at nighttime, with a sober sitter, and one other friend tripping).  Even if that first dose doesn't hit you as you would have preferred, there is always room for expansion on your next venture into psychedelia, and one ought to always remember that you simply can't 'take away' what you've already eaten, so it is best to start small and work your way up to your desired level.

Thanks for taking the time to create this poll Wiccan_Seeker - your thoughtfulness will always help many consider things they may otherwise not have.  Happy Tripping! :mushroom2:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Offlineaudiovideodork
Enlightened One
Loc: Great Lakes Area, USA
    #3422894 - 11/29/04 12:02 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I have to disagree with the LSD being milder than shroom. At least from my experiences;

Mushrooms = Connectedness/Oneness with the earth, OBEs, thought provoking or profound thoughts about one's personal identity, OEVs (I stare at something and it will turn into something else), Intense CEVs, Mild auditory hallucinations, moderate euphoria, paranoia (sometimes), moderate time dilation.

LSD = INSANITY and CRAZINESS! Visual manifestations of auras and vibes, Extreme auditory hallucinations including mock Schizophrenia (hearing voices but just temporarily as hallucinations), Connectedness/Oneness with the UNIVERSE, Intense CEVs and Intense OEVs (including seeing "entities"), extreme paranoia, extreme dysphoria, extreme euphoria, mania and MASSIVE time dilation just to name a few of the key side effects.

The biggest dose of shrooms I've taken is 9 dried grams, the biggest dose of acid I have taken is 4 hits of some primo ass shit. I can honestly say that the acid trip I had was much more INTENSE than the mushroom trip (though the mushroom trip was very intense too, just not nearly on the same level of intensity).

I think either I'm getting bunk shrooms and GOOD acid or you guys are getting DANK shrooms and weak acid, or maybe some people just trip harder off of one than the other. As for me if I'm trying to trip real hard (to the point of certifiable insanity) I take LSD. If I'm trying to trip for mental healing or bonding with nature/earth I eat some mushies.

--------------------
"Question authority, think for yourself."

Land of the brave and home of the free??

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: audiovideodork]
    #3422955 - 11/29/04 12:23 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

the polls look very good, i dont see alot of retard votes... except the anus one, but everyone knows shrooms are best in the stomach, not the butt...

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #3423063 - 11/29/04 01:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:

Challenge: if you know what outdoor camping demands (hypothermia measures etc) I dare you to go into the woods on a moonless cloudless night and take one gram of mushrooms with your ass on a Planet and Infinity above.
I can almost guarantee you that unbelievable spiritual profundity will befall you. :heart:

I believe that if one is predisposed to spirituality, then they will have such an experience. I, myself, being an atheist tend to have an excursion into infinity, or a journey into nothingness. It may just be that I have a problem utilizing the word spirituality as I do not believe in the existence of a spirit.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: Ekstaza]
    #3423108 - 11/29/04 01:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

On the comeups I still sometimes get the empty feelings.... Like everything I live for in normal day life is pointless. I find it hard to understand how I could get any enjoyment from anything at some points

--------------------

InvisibleMovingTarget

Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: MovingTarget]
    #3423121 - 11/29/04 01:25 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

thankfully i dont get that too much though.... only on the comeups sometimes when am feeling shit

--------------------

Edited by MovingTarget (11/29/04 01:26 PM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The Great Mushroom Poll [Re: geokills]
    #3423458 - 11/29/04 02:40 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

the question: "Do you close your eyes or like darkness when you trip?" is not appropriate given the choices available. For myself, it all depends on mood and the direction I wish to guide my experience. However the two choices available only provide for an all-or-none response.

true, it's pretty sharp putting it like that. But what i meant is whether people like to close their eyes and view CEV or rather not (at all) I should've expanded it to the typical very/appreciable/depends/occasionally/hardly pattern but too many votes have been cast to change it.

I'm thinking to wait until the least popular question gets over 100 responses (so n=100+ on all questions) and then make a report, lessay
The Shroomery Survey: statistics of contemporary use of psilocybin mushrooms
and then drop that off at our great site, Erowid, MAPS etc for evaluation to publish as the information submitted by the voters is genuinely valuable stuff.
The questions are just questions: it's all about the ANSWERS!

Like you i am very dissatisfied with newbie dosage recommendations. Currently the statistics say the community advises to use within the 1-2gr ratio (the pinpoint was <2.2gr last time I checked at n=45) and at that time the average dose used by the users themselves fell inbetween 3gr and 1/8 oz (pinpoint 3.3gr)

Especially the newbie dosage is humongous.
If you apply the ratio 6-12mg psilocybin per gram of good cubies as I saw in a Dutch study 2.2gr equals some 12.5-25mg which is a walloping amount.

For incidental users of modest amounts and newbies I personally deem 1.5gr (9-18mg) the total max as it reaches just into the therapeutic ratio of full effects (which is 8-20mg or 10-20mg in Shulgin's TiHKAL) but personally I would start somebody out on 0.5gr as you *never* know somebody's sensitivity and issues and for most people 0.5gr (3-6mg) is definately impressive but readily resistable.

You should not resist mushrooms, but if you give a newbie a tough dose of mushrooms and they get a bad one they will feel quite literally mind-raped.
Mushrooms are highly personal. In a really bad trip people tend to feel molested by the drug on a startlingly intimate level. Hence, rape.

This is quite detrimental to establishing basic trust in the Mushroom, and I would introduce someone to the Mushroom to build a mature longterm relationship with it instead of getting high for kicks.
Us geezers got other priorities then the young'uns!

Please notice how the majority agrees that the time between sessions should be counted in months rather then weeks.:thumbup:
Last average I pulled was about 1x/2 months which has always been my personal recommendation but gets reflected in Group Consciousness.

I'm very pleased and pleasantly surprised how many of us are dancing with the Divine One for five years and over, and the 10+years group is very high. You can clearly see the mushroom *boom* was in the latter part of the 1990s, very much Shroomerites who got turned on then kept on Shroomin' :heart:

Edited by Asante (11/29/04 02:43 PM)

InvisibleMovingTarget

Re: The Great Mushroom Poll [Re: Asante]
    #3423472 - 11/29/04 02:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

What he said ^^^^

:laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: Ekstaza]
    #3423488 - 11/29/04 02:51 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I believe that if one is predisposed to spirituality, then they will have such an experience. I, myself, being an atheist tend to have an excursion into infinity, or a journey into nothingness.

What's in a name? Let's say it is likely to bring forth existential profundity. I have cut corners and called it spiritual, but as I see it it's the same force we're talking about.

"I use Profundogenic Mushrooms"  :crazy2:
It's Pro Fun, it's Profound and it's got Homer's DO'! if you do it wrong :evil:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

What What?
Male User Gallery
    #3424036 - 11/29/04 05:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I can't wait to read your report, it shall reveal a nice amount of *real* information.

(On a side note, I followed your advice and now try to make my sig more informative. I've personally checked every one of them resources and find them a great source of practical information, the very same links I recommend to my friends)  :flowerchild: :hippie:

--------------------

OfflineShRooMHeAdJ
Stranger

Loc: NY
    #3429092 - 11/30/04 05:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Whats up im j and i am a big shroomer and i would just like to know if there are any special things that you can do in order to have the best trip. thanks

--------------------
Holla

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: ShRooMHeAdJ]
    #3429129 - 11/30/04 05:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Read The Psychedelic Experience FAQ.
Welcome to the Shroomery, but do your research!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: ShRooMHeAdJ]
    #3429159 - 11/30/04 05:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Here's some more links you might find helpful.

Tripper's FAQ

ESSENTIAL LINKS

Happy reading!

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

What What?
Male User Gallery
Re: The Great Mushrooms Poll: Shroom Secrets Revealed! [Re: Rose]
    #3429410 - 11/30/04 06:40 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

:what: :wtf: :rolleyes:

No comments.

--------------------

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

#3429523 - 11/30/04 07:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I prefer tripping during the day... I love the bright colours, they make me happy when I'm tripping.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale