Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMlushroolm
46 & 2

Loc: Pendleton, Or
TOOL song!
    #3418626 - 11/28/04 07:27 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

I don't know if this is a true fact, that's why i thought i would ask you guys. The TOOL song 46 & 2, does it have anything to do with Mushrooms?
Cause a friend of mine told me the song is about how you have 46 chromosomes and if you somehow get two more then you become a super being/genius or something like that. And apparently if you eat enough mushrooms you will somehow get 2 extra chromosomes. Autistic people have 47 chromosomes and that's why they are autistic because their genetic structure is off balance. But what if you had not just 47 but 48...then what? would you balance back out and become better? Super? a genius maybe?

Now i know that this is only a song and it doesn't constitute a reason to go and try this... But is this really what the song is about? that's what I'm trying to figure out^^

--------------------
"It was a big day on Jesus Ranch...Jesus Ranch. I was harvistin' a big tomatoe, It was in the sand, allright. Im takin' a walk in the woods and it's nice outside! Smells of shit...liga gwin giga giggle gwellgo. I come upon a silver striped mushroom and I FA LALALA LY LY LY..."

"Jesus Ranch"
Tenacious D

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHendostan
Male

Re: TOOL song! [Re: Mlushroolm]
    #3418645 - 11/28/04 07:38 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

wow, your friend really is a dumbass. there's no way eating mushrooms can give you extra chromosomes...but as far as i know, that is what the song is about. it has absolutely nothing to do with mushrooms, just the evolution to 46 & 2 through natural evolutionary processes..wish I knew more about that subject, interesting stuff to research. tell your friend to kick his or herself in the ass, please. there's enough bad information around about shrooms, we don't need people thinking they will make you autistic or a genius superhero or whateverthefuck.

InvisibleHendostan
Male

Re: TOOL song! [Re: Hendostan]
    #3418649 - 11/28/04 07:40 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

if you want to talk about mushrooms opening up a whole new consciousness or state of being, then we can talk, but as far as changing your biological structure...that's pretty far out.

OfflineMlushroolm
46 & 2

Loc: Pendleton, Or
    #3418651 - 11/28/04 07:41 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

HAHA! Will do Hendo.

--------------------
"It was a big day on Jesus Ranch...Jesus Ranch. I was harvistin' a big tomatoe, It was in the sand, allright. Im takin' a walk in the woods and it's nice outside! Smells of shit...liga gwin giga giggle gwellgo. I come upon a silver striped mushroom and I FA LALALA LY LY LY..."

"Jesus Ranch"
Tenacious D

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#3418724 - 11/28/04 08:33 AM (12 years, 15 days ago)

It's actually the name of a street intersection where Maynard likes to go for ice cream.

Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
Re: TOOL song! [Re: Mlushroolm] * 1
    #3419034 - 11/28/04 12:51 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

extra chromosomes do not necessarily make you smarter
some species of ferns have hundereds of chromosomes
and having one less chromosome gives you down's syndrome

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Cordillera(Inverm...
    #3419046 - 11/28/04 12:57 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

Well there are three sets of people in this world, sort of. Anyways the first pair is 42$2. Some people from Africa still have this configuration. Then the average human has 44&2. And it is said the next step in human evolution people will have 46&2. Which would be the next level in human evolution. If you read the lyrics for the song it makes more sense. Tool is all about the interpretation. One song doesnt just mean one thing. Its all about personal evolution. Muscle memory and the like

--------------------
addicted to reason
a hollow understanding trapped me
I cannot see outside but its calling

InvisibleMarioNett
Stranger
Re: TOOL song! [Re: Glacius]
    #3419193 - 11/28/04 02:23 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

That song is based on the book "Nothing in This Book Is True, But It's Exactly How Thing Are." It's a book that ties together every conspiracy/paranormal theory with 100% unsubstantiated new-age mumbo-jumbo. I wish I could regain the hours I spent reading it.

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: TOOL song! [Re: MarioNett]
    #3419532 - 11/28/04 04:38 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

where maynard goes for icecream , hahahaha awesome.

Glacius you say some people are still 42 & 2. what is the difference between them and us?

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: TOOL song! [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3419537 - 11/28/04 04:41 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Tasty_Smurf_House said:
where maynard goes for icecream , hahahaha awesome.

Glacius you say some people are still 42 & 2. what is the difference between them and us?

I'm courious too. I've heard about it existing in some african tribes.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3419699 - 11/28/04 05:42 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

I don't really know that getting 2 extra chromosomes would really make any difference, as the number of chromosomes doesn't do much in terms of species. For example:
Dogs- 78
Humans - 46
Horses- 64
Ferns- 512 (some species have over 1,000)

What is the correlation?

Also, some humans have do not have 44 autosomes and 2 reproductive chromosomes, they may have varying number of reproductive chromosomes.
Quote:

In some cases invidiuals are neither XX nor XY:

* The presence of one or two additional X chromosomes in a male (XXY or XXXY) is called Klinefelter's syndrome. Leads to less pronounced male appearance.
* A single X chromosome is called Turner's syndrome. It inhibits breast development, and also causes a range of medical problems. Leads to less pronounced female appearance.

I couldn't find anything about these Africans with 42 and 2 chromosomes, I'm curious about them if anybody has any links to information about them. Would they seem less evolved than normal 44 and 2 chromosome-containing humans, or does it make no difference? As some primates have 48 chromosomes yet are "less evolved" as people say than we are, I wonder if it makes them any different

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: TOOL song! [Re: Ravus]
    #3419711 - 11/28/04 05:46 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

I don't you can compare what a certain number of chromosomes would do to certain species seeing as how they have vastly different attributes and what not.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: TOOL song! [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3419740 - 11/28/04 05:54 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

That is true, but it is often thought that more = better, but in the case of species more chromosomes does not make a species more evolved or intelligent necessarily. That is what I was trying to say

The fact that close relatives of ours, some primates, have two more chromosomes than we do, yet we are the ones who are supposedly on the top of the evolutionary ladder, really makes you wonder if having 46 and 2 will make us more evolved, as it is shown that more does not mean better. Perhaps it is just using the number of chromosomes we have more efficiently that will evolve us

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan
Re: TOOL song! [Re: muse_sick]
    #3419801 - 11/28/04 06:19 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

People with one less get sickle cell, not down syndrom

--------------------

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3419947 - 11/28/04 07:24 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

while we're on the subject, i recently saw some kid on the news who was autistic i think and he was really young but he was an insanely good jazz pianist. it was neat.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3420253 - 11/28/04 08:40 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

I have a friend for whom that song holds a special meaning. He once had a mental breakdown and was sent to the psych. ward, room 46, bed number 2.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: TOOL song! [Re: silversoul7]
    #3420613 - 11/28/04 09:49 PM (12 years, 15 days ago)

46+2 is the genetic theory, regarding evolution, where higher consciousness is obtained by increasing the number of genes. However, Maynard is smart enough to know this is a false theory, and no doubt expects his listeners to accept it as an allusion to higher consciousness without necessarily being an endorsment of the theory.

The references to shadow etc are references to jungian psychology, the shadow is the part of the psyche that is everything you repress (Anima, which is part of the title, is an animal spirit of the opposite gender (animus in women). Enema is cleansing. Put it together Aenima = cleansing spirit guide, another allusion to the omnipresent jungian psychology).

The stuff about crawling is probably a reference to the snake alluded to on H. H is about Maynard recognizing a pattern of abusive tendencies that started with his stepfather abusing him and him having inclinations to act that way towards his own child. In the song H, the snake represents his abusive past. The references to 'picking scabs' could be read as dwelling on the abusive past.

Put it all together and you get the real meaning of the song, which is about M recognizing familier patterns involving child abuse which have made it into his psyche, and evolving to overcome them by conquering the dark side of his psyche.

So, yes 46+2 is a genetic theory, but the song is actually about overcoming engrained patterns by expanding awareness and merging disparate aspects of ones personality.

And, yes, this awareness is ethnogentically produced, as the Bill Hicks quotes in 'third eye' about drugs overcoming illusions would suggest.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: TOOL song! [Re: tomk]
    #3421376 - 11/29/04 12:10 AM (12 years, 15 days ago)

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #3421426 - 11/29/04 12:21 AM (12 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

it has absolutely nothing to do with mushrooms, just the evolution to 46 & 2 through natural evolutionary processes..

Don't forget, mushrooms are part of the more or less "natural" evolutionary process.

But no I don't think that the song specifically relates at all to mushrooms. But Tool is purposely ambiguous like that, so it's all on your own interpratation. :smile:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

#3421532 - 11/29/04 12:51 AM (12 years, 15 days ago)

no, it doesn't but TOOL is one of my if not my favorite band i've got every cd plus hours and hours more....so ask away,man

hahaaha, TOOL's the shit i just had to add my 2 or 3 cents

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub