Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Daughter Turns In Dad Who Called Police On Her
    #3418534 - 11/28/04 06:12 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/27/dad.arrest.ap/index.html

NEWARK, New Jersey (AP) -- A father's attempt to teach his daughter a lesson about drinking backfired when the teen led police to a stash of drugs and weapons inside their home.

Kevin Winston, 46, called police at 2:45 a.m. Friday after his 16-year-old daughter came home drunk and unruly. When police arrived, however, the girl told them she feared for her safety because her father stored drugs and weapons in the home.

The girl led officers to a crawl space above the ceiling where they found four semiautomatic guns and more than 600 vials of cocaine.

Winston was charged with numerous weapons and drug charges. His five daughters were placed in the custody of a relative.

"He called us on her and ended up getting locked up himself," said Newark Police Director Anthony Ambrose.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMlushroolm
46 & 2

Loc: Pendleton, Or
Re: Daughter Turns In Dad Who Called Police On Her [Re: Diploid]
    #3418544 - 11/28/04 06:27 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Man...that guy is an idiot.  Ugh... i dont know what to say really.  Interesting story though  :oogle:

--------------------
"It was a big day on Jesus Ranch...Jesus Ranch. I was harvistin' a big tomatoe, It was in the sand, allright. Im takin' a walk in the woods and it's nice outside! Smells of shit...liga gwin giga giggle gwellgo. I come upon a silver striped mushroom and I FA LALALA LY LY LY..."

"Jesus Ranch"
Tenacious D

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: Daughter Turns In Dad Who Called Police On Her [Re: Mlushroolm]
    #3418705 - 11/28/04 08:11 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

can you say DOH!?

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: Daughter Turns In Dad Who Called Police On Her [Re: Mlushroolm]
    #3418835 - 11/28/04 10:33 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Man...that guy is an idiot.

or his daughter is a stupid bitch that would do anything to keep herself out of trouble including sending her father away for 10. don't really now the whole story though maybe she was actually afraid for her safety in which case i applaud her. kids, guns, and drugs don't mix so yeah the guy's an idoit.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Daughter Turns In Dad Who Called Police On Her [Re: John]
    #3419781 - 11/28/04 06:11 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Why is it the daughter's fault? The dad called the police on her, and Karma bit him in the ass for it. It's entirely the dad's fault for getting police intervention for a simple thing like a daughter coming home drunk that he could've handled much more reasonably

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Daughter Turns In Dad Who Called Police On Her [Re: Ravus]
    #3419867 - 11/28/04 06:52 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

I'm skeptical of both of them.

Anonymous

Re: Daughter Turns In Dad Who Called Police On Her [Re: MOTH]
    #3420699 - 11/28/04 10:05 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

i say that they both are stupid as fuck, where is the love?  an underage drinking ticket, which im sure the dad woulda prolly paid for(as it was part of the lesson, if that was the truth) in exchange for YYYYEARS in prison.

though if the father did not give them permission to search, as it is not the daughters house to say, then the shit will be thrown out, i believe...they needed a warrant, or his permission. they cant go on some drunk bitches word, even if they did find shit.

and the reason i personally think the girl is the bigger bitch, is because HE IS THE FATHER, i dont give damn if he is the biggest hypocrite in the world, its his house, his rules.  you all know damn well how it works.  and if she was so concerned about her safety, then why the hell did she come home at all?  and especially impaired on alcohol? hmmm... :smirk:

Edited by Anonymous (11/28/04 10:18 PM)

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
Re: Daughter Turns In Dad Who Called Police On Her [Re: ]
    #3420841 - 11/28/04 10:29 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

kottonmouth i totally agree with you but just hadn't responded.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: Daughter Turns In Dad Who Called Police On Her [Re: Ravus]
    #3420999 - 11/28/04 10:55 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

sometimes getting outside help is best. no one here knows the full story and can't really say but maybe the father was concerned for his daughter, maybe this was the 7th time that week, and 364th day that year she came home wasted. maybe she tears up the house and threatens sucide when she's drunk. maybe she won't listen to a damn thing her father tells her (typical). maybe she grabs kitchen knives and trys to stab him, who knows but he decided to get outside help. to me seeing as he had all the drugs i really doubt he called the cops just because she came home drunk one night, there most likely was more to it, drug users typically are more lax when it comes to their children using as they've been there done that. maybe getting a friend or realitive would have been better but it sure as hell shouldn't be a 10 year+ mistake. i'm glad i had police encounters before i was 18. it helped me grow up a bit and learn some responsiblity and now that i'm older i stay out of trouble which is great because if i was arrested now for the things and amount of times i was when i was younger i could expect to be out around 2020 if i was lucky.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Anonymous

Re: Daughter Turns In Dad Who Called Police On Her [Re: John]
    #3421111 - 11/28/04 11:19 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

very true. i can relate.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service