Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

So I'm at work, dammit
    #3418135 - 11/28/04 12:32 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Entertain me, pub!!!!!!  I gotta stay awake till 7am, workin'.  I have to admit though, working a hotel front desk 11pm - 7am shift kicks ass :thumbup:  easiest job ever, perfect for a lazy stoner college student who doesn't do homework except while on the clock... :cool:  What's the happenins of the eve?  I've been on the hunt for good gd shows..I just discovered the year 1977 :eek: wow!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: So I'm at work, dammit [Re: Hendostan]
    #3418138 - 11/28/04 12:33 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

lucky you.. sounds like a sucky job though..

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: So I'm at work, dammit [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3418142 - 11/28/04 12:34 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Nah, it's cool since I have my computer and books...it involves about three hours of doing work, and five hours of sitting around pretending to keep the place safe.

Offlinedeltron
Stoned Shroomer-.-

Loc: Colorado
    #3418159 - 11/28/04 12:39 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I would hate to do that, be bored all night....
I love my jobs, tattoo artist and DJ.

--------------------
Host: I've heard whispers about the financial support your government receives from the drug industry.
Peruvian: Well, the irony of this, of course, is that this money, which is in the billions, is coming from your country. You see, you are the major purchaser of our national product, which is of course cocaine.
Host: On one hand, you're saying the United States government is spending millions of dollars to eliminate the flow of drugs onto our streets. At the same time, we are doing business with the very same goverment that is flooding our streets with cocaine.
Peruvian: Mmm-hmm, si, si. Let me show you a few other characters that are involved in this tragic comedy.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: So I'm at work, dammit [Re: deltron]
    #3418177 - 11/28/04 12:45 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Nice deltron..I'm just trying to pay the bills..it's not ideal for sure, but it keeps me out of trouble :smile: I have pretty consistent gigs with a band I'm in, and am trying to get through school.  This works for now.

Offlinedeltron
Stoned Shroomer-.-

#3418184 - 11/28/04 12:47 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

How much do you get paid at your band gigs usually?

--------------------
Host: I've heard whispers about the financial support your government receives from the drug industry.
Peruvian: Well, the irony of this, of course, is that this money, which is in the billions, is coming from your country. You see, you are the major purchaser of our national product, which is of course cocaine.
Host: On one hand, you're saying the United States government is spending millions of dollars to eliminate the flow of drugs onto our streets. At the same time, we are doing business with the very same goverment that is flooding our streets with cocaine.
Peruvian: Mmm-hmm, si, si. Let me show you a few other characters that are involved in this tragic comedy.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3418190 - 11/28/04 12:50 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Well after splitting it with the venue, the opening band(s), the sound guy, and amongst ourselves, I don't usually get more than $50-100 per gig. We're at the very bottom of the food chain, workin our way up :grin: an extra $500 a month is nice though

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Loc: The Dark Tower
    #3418191 - 11/28/04 12:50 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hey Hendo, workin the late shift huh? sound decent to me, I cant sleep worth a damn anyway. at least not when I want.

I just got back from my buddies show. It was great... except that no-one showed up really. It was cool though cause I got to go on stage and sing a couple of tunes with em. Plus they did a 1 hour jam session that fucking rocked. Im kinda drunk and after a couple of bong hits its off to bed.

Deltron, how long you been slingin ink for? My pops was pretty famous around Chicago. Even got voted top 10 in the world in tattoo review a while back. Got any online porfolio action goin on?

--------------------
Anjaba said:
Oh shit, don't drink it.... It would eat away your esophagus...
mantis said:
Leave me out of this pissing contest, you fascist wang-dang-doodle!
Hattori Hanzo said:
If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: So I'm at work, dammit [Re: beejay]
    #3418194 - 11/28/04 12:51 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hah, those gigs can be fun (once in a great while), where no one but a few of your friends show up.  No pressure at all, just rockin out  :headbang:

Offlinedeltron
Stoned Shroomer-.-

#3418212 - 11/28/04 01:00 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

For 5 years, and no I don't have a online portfolio, I'm not internet savvy enough and I don't have a digi.
Provide me a digital camera and I would be more than happy. :wink:

--------------------

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

#3418229 - 11/28/04 01:05 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I wish I was wealthy enough to follow such whims, but alass, I'm a starving artist on the streets of Chicago. Well Im well fed at the moment and luckily have a roof to type under :smile: Id love to see some of your work if you can manage it some time.

Hendo, yeah those shows can be cool, but man, skilled bands need to get heard once in a while. I see so many strokes making it these days, when all the real musicians are working there ass off 9-5 just to make ends meet. There definately needs to be some kind of musical revolution. People my age dont seem to get it though, at least most.

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

Offlinedeltron
Stoned Shroomer-.-

#3418246 - 11/28/04 01:11 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If all my money didn't go towards albums, cds, equipment, drugs, and liquor I would probably have a camera.
I'll have to ask some friends to let me use theirs.

--------------------

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: So I'm at work, dammit *DELETED* [Re: beejay]
    #3418252 - 11/28/04 01:12 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by Hendostan

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

#3418270 - 11/28/04 01:18 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yeah playin is all that really matters. Id just like to see my friends make it, cause they got what it takes musically and show-wise. As for me I just keep strummin away, just cause i love it. Yeah the midwest is nice, but I need a change of scene, a change of culture. I need to get back over across the pond for a while longer, tis nice in Europe... at least to visit. As for the Art institute, I love the museum, but the school is a little too artsy, even for me. Plus its $oooooo expensive. Still a good school I suppose.

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3418278 - 11/28/04 01:22 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, the school seemed pretty selective, not just artistically but socially. I didn't fit in, that's for sure. Neither did my girl for that matter, I don't think she's still there. What are some good local bands to see in Chicago? I might suggest that for New Year's eve if there are some good gigs around town.

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

#3418287 - 11/28/04 01:26 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Well two a couple of my favs are Krembone (awesome Less Claypool style basist and an amazing band all toghether), Family Groove Company ( more chill GD style band, lots of jammin, good stuff) and of course my buddies band Ferdinand Fox ( no relation to franz ferdinand, they play every style of music known to man, i do their promos and design work... www.ferdinandfox.com the only website Ive ever done :smile: ) They all have websites with tunes, I think,  so you can check em out.

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3418292 - 11/28/04 01:28 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

#3418295 - 11/28/04 01:31 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

well for what you lack in local music, you surely make up for in nature. Glacier national is amazing. Ive yet to go there, but my camping crew went and I am nothing but jealous. Make sure you take advantage of what you got out there.

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3418316 - 11/28/04 01:42 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

#3418321 - 11/28/04 01:45 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

sure can do you lucky dog you. I only missed out last time due to work. Always in the way they are. When you come down to my neck of the woods again, gimme a hollar, you seem like a quality virtual person to me :wink:

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder