Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinei_smoke_cabbage
Stranger
do mushrooms affect your reaction to weed?
    #341626 - 06/15/01 04:20 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

i used to smoke a lot of weed, and i had bought almost a half oz of fairly good stuff and smoked most of it when i did mushrooms for the first time. it was a very low dose, so it didn't do much to me, but the next time i did mushrooms a week later i was TRIPPING (best time i've ever had while under the influence, btw, fucking awesome). ever since then, every time i smoked weed it gave me a really bad high, and i know it wasn't laced because it was the stuff i had been smoking for weeks! i get unbelievably paranoid to the point where i'd practically tremble, i get depressed, my heartbeat almost doubles, i forget how to breathe properly, and everything, even my favourite music, bothers me. of course, i quit smoking weed after about a week of this, and about a month later i had 3 tokes and the same thing happened. does this have anything to do with the mushrooms or did my body just decide to reject weed for some other reason?

--------------------
In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: do mushrooms affect your reaction to weed? [Re: i_smoke_cabbage]
    #341706 - 06/15/01 06:04 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

i doubt its the mushies but you never know...maybe youve convinced yourself that all this is happening when it really isnt, im unsure ...

We're all mad here...

OfflineDarK_SavioR
addict
Loc: Down the Street
    #341826 - 06/15/01 09:49 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think its the shrooms... my friend use to have a problem you might be able to relate this to. He huffed gasoline one day and had one of those short gasoline trips... while he was having that trip thing he said the dude that was there with us looked like the devil and the way we laughed at him sounded like we where chuckling and stuff and then he thaught he died and came back to life. Anyway, that was pretty messed up and needless to say he never huffed gas again (I thaught it was a stupid idea in the first place). Anyway, after that he'd have these bad vibes anytime he was messed up off any drug or even when he was really drunk. He gets that feeling like any time he's on acid now too.
I think its just a mental thing... it could be where your body hadn't ever experienced shrooms and afterwords your body just like gets a bad feeling from the weed cause to your body a buzz is a buzz... who knows? the mind is a weird thing ; ) Try taking a small dose of shrooms and then smoke some pot after you get your buzz going from the shrooms and see what that does, I'm just curious.

"Now chew em up and slam the orange juice. Vitamin C chase, kill the taste. You can tell its nasty by the look on my face."

Long Live The Free Spore Ring!

--------------------
Vitamin C chase, kill the taste. You can tell its nasty by the look on my face.
Ralphster44 & The FSR!
All thats stated above is for humor and a lie!!

OfflinesHemp13
old hand
    #341847 - 06/15/01 10:15 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Thats strange, because for me it's the opposite. For quiet some time I was having a bit of trouble every time I smoked up (breathing/paranoia/heartrate), then I tried shrooms and ever since then I've been able to handle weed much more smoothly.
I know alot of people I talked to say weed is much trippier after doing shrooms, though this doesn't seem to happen to me.
Anway, try just taking a break from smoking herb for a while, then go back to it later and make sure your in a very comfortable setting, I find that some times helps.

--------------------

Offlinepj541
Loc: fuck off
Re: do mushrooms affect your reaction to weed? [Re: sHemp13]
    #358412 - 07/21/01 04:25 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

me tooooo!
i would throwup after one bong rip trip and i can finaly smoke again

peace!

"If you are frightened of the end and your holding on you see devils tearing your life away but if you've made your peace then the devils are really angels freeing you from the earth.."

--------------------
?Well, this is how the world works. All energies flow according to the whims of the great magnet. What a fool I was to defy him.?

OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Loc: Central PA
    #358442 - 07/21/01 05:46 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Well, I know for sure that after I had an extremely mild candyflip- whenever I get high I go into a trance, it isn't pleasant, but it's still worth it because I go pretty deep. I've shroomed twice and I still trance-out when I smoke.

--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: do mushrooms affect your reaction to weed? [Re: sHemp13]
    #358642 - 07/22/01 03:55 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

opposite for me too

sucked into the vortex....

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #358702 - 07/22/01 08:31 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I know how you feel. Ever since the first time I did shrooms, weed has been almost too powerfull for me. I'll take only a couple hits...and be completely gone for 3 hours or more. Sometimes I have full-blown bad trips complete with visuals. I practically stopped smoking weed because of it. Now I'm starting to again though, and I'm having better results. The weed is still way stronger, but the high is more enjoyable.

Just give it time. Try taking the old set/setting rule that you would use for any hallucinogen and use it for weed. I find that having the right friends around, and being in a comfortable place, has helped get rid of the bad weed experiences I was having.

-----------------------
You, too, can become a Sideburn Wearing Drug Buddy.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineFibeR OptiC 420
addict

Re: do mushrooms affect your reaction to weed? [Re: trendal]
    #359550 - 07/23/01 05:38 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I have noticed since doing acid and shrooms that weed does give me a slightly "trippier" effect, but nothing to noticible.

" Is our children learning? " - President George Bush

--------------------
" Is our children learning? " - George W. Bush

OfflineRaVeN_SKiEs

Loc: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Re: do mushrooms affect your reaction to weed? [Re: FibeR OptiC 420]
    #359955 - 07/24/01 09:55 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

man, the same thing happened to met too!! heres how it happened. i cut down on weed to doin it once every other month, then i did shrooms for my first time, and then that every other month time came around again, so i smoked up with one of my buddies brothers (we only smoked a joint between 2 of us) and i was FUCKED! it was the weirdest high, well, it felt like a shroom high, pretty much! we were just sittin there chillin out in this room and we had The Doors playin on the stereo. that whole night, for probably 2 hours, i didnt say a word so ne one, i wasnt really listening to ne one, it was just me, my mind, and the chilled out middle-eastern sound of The Doors flowing gently though my mind, and all these crazy thoughts in my head. it was just like i was on shrooms, but not tripping or ne thing. u know, like when your all tripped out and u find answers to very interesting questions, that u would normally never think of. and that was my night. EVERY SINGLE QUESTION THAT ENTERED MY MIND WOULD GET ANSWERED BY MYSELF IN A FEW SECONDS! and i became aware of this, so i thought of big questions such as "how did humans get here?" and "why are we the way we are?" and about 100 other questions to, but they were no longer questions, they were facts in my mind i had learned while stumbling upon this enlighting journey though the mind. i dont really remember ne of the answers, i do remember a few though. i was actually about to go and get a peice of paper to write down all this shit, but the same thing that was answering these questions told me not to get a paper because they were meant to be kept secret.

I am looking through
Through the dance of the trees
I experience
What a shaman sees
I return within
I return with sight
Under raven skies
I will sleep tonight

-The Tea Party

--------------------
I am looking through
I experience
What a shaman sees
I return within
I return with sight
Under raven skies
I will sleep tonight

-The Tea Party

OfflineRaVeN_SKiEs

Loc: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Re: do mushrooms affect your reaction to weed? [Re: FibeR OptiC 420]
    #359956 - 07/24/01 09:58 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

man, the same thing happened to met too!! heres how it happened. i cut down on weed to doin it once every other month, then i did shrooms for my first time, and then that every other month time came around again, so i smoked up with one of my buddies brothers (we only smoked a joint between 2 of us) and i was FUCKED! it was the weirdest high, well, it felt like a shroom high, pretty much! we were just sittin there chillin out in this room and we had The Doors playin on the stereo. that whole night, for probably 2 hours, i didnt say a word so ne one, i wasnt really listening to ne one, it was just me, my mind, and the chilled out middle-eastern sound of The Doors flowing gently though my mind, and all these crazy thoughts in my head. it was just like i was on shrooms, but not tripping or ne thing. u know, like when your all tripped out and u find answers to very interesting questions, that u would normally never think of. and that was my night. EVERY SINGLE QUESTION THAT ENTERED MY MIND WOULD GET ANSWERED BY MYSELF IN A FEW SECONDS! and i became aware of this, so i thought of big questions such as "how did humans get here?" and "why are we the way we are?" and about 100 other questions to, but they were no longer questions, they were facts in my mind i had learned while stumbling upon this enlighting journey though the mind. i dont really remember ne of the answers, i do remember a few though. i was actually about to go and get a peice of paper to write down all this shit, but the same thing that was answering these questions told me not to get a paper because they were meant to be kept secret. keep in mind, i didnt chew mushrooms of ne thing, i smoked one joint between 2 people. i eagerly await the next time a smoke up so i can see if it was just the weed i smoked that night, or that from the shrooms i chewed 2 months before had changed my high for Mary Jane!

I am looking through
I experience
What a shaman sees
I return within
I return with sight
Under raven skies
I will sleep tonight

-The Tea Party

--------------------
I am looking through
I experience
What a shaman sees
I return within
I return with sight
Under raven skies
I will sleep tonight

-The Tea Party

Offlinethegoldenteacher
enthusiast
Loc: central NC
Re: do mushrooms affect your reaction to weed? [Re: RaVeN_SKiEs]
    #361394 - 07/26/01 01:23 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

after i dropped acid a couple times every time i get high i sorta trip for like 30 minutes, its kinda weird but it sucks too cause now i cant really be high in public places, no spur of the moment "lets smoke a joint outside the dorm" thing anymore, no more smoke before major tests either:(

Originally no one is deluded.
-bankei

--------------------
peace, happiness, love, girls, joy, euphoria, warmth, fuzzy, girls, touch, feeling, girls.
-me

Offlinesevendef
journeyman
Loc: Maine, USA
    #363084 - 07/29/01 04:17 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

ive had a few good shroom and acid trips, but i never get 'flashbacks' or trip out after smoking weed.. it's felt about the same as its always had.. all my friends say they start to trip a little after they smoke though..

i used to get really paranoid and insecure with myself after smoking pot but thats gone now.. i just enjoy being high now.. my guess is it has nothing to do with the shrooms and just how you feel about yourself for some reason or another..
your mental state..

Ol Jim doesnt think so...

--------------------
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal fuckin high on drugs.

Invisiblefuzzysquirelnuts
veteran
Loc: souhwest us
Re: do mushrooms affect your reaction to weed? [Re: sevendef]
    #363822 - 07/30/01 09:18 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

god i kinda of feel sorry for you people who shroom a couple of times and then dont enjoy getting stoned because its all fucked....ne ways to me it exactly the same as beforet get relaxed and hungry so i also think its just how you see the drugs

i can believe its not butter but why would you do that

--------------------
were all retarded sometimes

Offlinebill
Stranger
Re: do mushrooms affect your reaction to weed? [Re: fuzzysquirelnuts]
    #364913 - 08/01/01 04:53 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

After I did shrooms I smoked weed the next day and i couldnt stop laughing for 20 minites and this usally doesnt happen.

i smoke weed 5 times a day everyday and it ony costs me 50 bucks a week

"There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors"
-Jim Morrison

--------------------
"There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors"
-Jim Morrison

OfflineTrauM
Poker Player

Loc: North America
    #365093 - 08/01/01 10:40 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Sup..

Thats weird man, two weeks ago I did ecstasy I popped 2 pills and smoked some weed while on the E.

Now for some reason weed is unenjoyable it was all until today, I smoked up and I feel that nice buzz again..so im happy but Im still catching drifts of those bad feelings.

I hope you can get your good high back, I think it has to do something with using MJ while under the influence of some certain drugs.

Anyways, good luck on getting your good high back and I hope you can do it.

-=TrauM=-

--------------------
Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practise to deceive..

OfflineBoneyDragon
Re: do mushrooms affect your reaction to weed? [Re: TrauM]
    #365105 - 08/01/01 10:58 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

This thread is interesting. I think I will do some experiments this weekend with marijuana and mushrooms.

~BD

(Nice to see some MJ.com members here)

Offlinetime2
Stranger
Re: do mushrooms affect your reaction to weed? [Re: BoneyDragon]
    #5495375 - 04/09/06 01:24 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

The first (and last) time I did a Sugar Cube of acid I had smoked a couple joints w/ another friend before taking the acid. Anyways the acid SUCKED pretty much I sat in a chair and started watching some independent film about a devil... I started tripping HARDCORE didn't know what the hell was going on then I seen a demon in the corner of my eyes and got tied up in a chair and stuff went all over my face... I was continually tortured by this demon for a few hours then I must of passed out cuz I don't remember the rest. I tried weed a few weeks after and couldn't deal with it was way to mind blowing for me. I ended up getting used to it after a year.

Takes some time to get back into it again.

Invisibleshroomkma
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: do mushrooms affect your reaction to weed? [Re: time2]
    #5496398 - 04/09/06 12:16 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i smoked weed for 3 years b4 i triped
had a trip striaght 1st time was sweet....
then summer came... i had some acid.. smoke some weed
FOUND OUT wat a bad trip is...
ever since then... wen i get stoned ( a break is needed 24 hrs at least )
i feel like im deep in a trip...
visuals open and closed... and just the sence of NOT BEING NORMAL

still enjoy weed.. but tryed quiting in the last 5 weeks..

and WOW this feeling now happerns eveytime i smoke...

once in the 4 years i smoked (apart from wen i started )
ive wanted to get outa beeing stoned.. just like wanting to get outa a bad trip and know YOU CANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Invisibleshroomkma
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: do mushrooms affect your reaction to weed? [Re: shroomkma]
    #5496407 - 04/09/06 12:19 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

WWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD IS EVIL!!!!!!!!!!

any one says its a pussy drug... has ither kiled there brain that much they dont relise.. or there that fucked on harder drugs... THERE NEVER COMING BACK

Offlinebudasnacker420
Stranger
    #6377890 - 12/16/06 08:18 PM (17 years, 3 months ago)

man listen its mental my friend had the same reaction and he does shrooms acid GHB anything but weed all ways freaked him out until one day he just convinced himself it was mental smoked a 8th to his dome never had the problem again

Offlineck10n3
Imagine
Male

Loc: Here, now.
Re: do mushrooms affect your reaction to weed? [Re: budasnacker420]
    #6381898 - 12/18/06 12:36 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

I've got the same thing man. Weed used to be so happy go lucky. Laugh a lot, things seemed cooler, all that good stuff.

Then one time I just flipped a shit when I was high and got intensely paranoid like all the things you described. Every time after that, it's been about a year, I have only had a few times when I feel alright. Nothing about it is appealing anymore, and I just realized that in the past month and pretty much stopped smoking.

I also just found out that my granddad was like possbily schizophrenic and had paranoia. So I think I am going to lay off the weed from now on unless I really think it's the right time, and trip only when I feel ready and in the right scenarios.

Just listen to your body man. I disagree with other people that say you can smoke your way through it. Why? Why put yourself through that torment. It really is hellish. There's no reason. Just do what you know is best for you. :hug:

--------------------
"You must be the change you want to see in the world." - The trip of a Life Time.

Indra's Net - There is an endless net of threads throughout the universe. The horizontal threads are in space. The vertical threads in time. At every crossing of threads there is an individual. And every individual is a crystal bead. The great light of absolute being illuminates and penetrates every crystal being, And every crystal being reflects not only the light from every other crystal in the net, But also every reflection of every reflection throughout the universe.

-cK

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: do mushrooms affect your reaction to weed? [Re: ck10n3]
    #6382052 - 12/18/06 02:13 AM (17 years, 3 months ago)

your awareness of reality has been pinched/annoyed i_smoke_cabbage.

when you smoke weed, it further proves that.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies