Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, HPS, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

Successful in growing Hawaiian Baby Woodrose and Ololiuqui (Rivea corymobosa) indoors?
    #3415779 - 11/27/04 02:22 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Who here has been successful in growing Hawaiian Baby Woodrose or Ololiuqui (Rivea corymobosa) indoors? What temperature and humidity was there grow room kept at? What type of lighting and how long per day (hours of light on/hours of light off)? This will be during the winter, so I take it the temperature and humidity can be lower then in summer.

In summer I can just put them outdoors. I will be starting the HBW from seeds during the winter, and I will be ordering a Ololiuqui cutting.

Edit: if anyone was curious, I am getting the Ololiuqui from Shaman's Palace

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Edited by theocean06 (11/27/04 05:20 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblejojoba
RockMoNsTa

Loc: SPaCE
Re: Successful in growing Hawaiian Baby Woodrose and Ololiuqui (Rivea corymobosa) indoors? [Re: theocean06]
    #3416137 - 11/27/04 04:38 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Both can be easily grown indoors. I havent been able to produce any specs as they grow in just about any condition very good except cold . They hate to be cold. Now when i say cold i mean below like 50. I think HBWR can live down to the 20's from what ive heard. Rivea cant though. Found that out recently :frown:
Other than that give them Flouro or i have even had them under HPS and in full sun in the summer. Keep them watered and they will be happy.
PS: My humidity sometimes is zilch and sometimes is high. They dont mind either way. Atleast this is true for my plants.

--------------------
CLICK HERE FOR MY HUGE TRADE LIST ~~ CLICK HERE
Looking For These Items
Various Plants and Seeds.

Offlinetheocean06

Re: Successful in growing Hawaiian Baby Woodrose and Ololiuqui (Rivea corymobosa) indoors? [Re: jojoba]
    #3416279 - 11/27/04 05:20 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Well that's good for me.  Where I will be growing them, it never gets below 50 :smile:

Edit: What wattage HPS lights did you use? From what I understand, HPS lighting is for plants that are flowering, while Metal Halide (MH) are for plant growth/in there vegetative stage. 

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Edited by theocean06 (11/27/04 05:43 PM)

Invisiblejojoba
RockMoNsTa

Loc: SPaCE
Re: Successful in growing Hawaiian Baby Woodrose and Ololiuqui (Rivea corymobosa) indoors? [Re: theocean06]
    #3416415 - 11/27/04 05:53 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yes that is if you want to get technical with the ( flowering plants ). I have friends that grow different plants and use the same HPS light for flowering and vegetative growth. They just change the timing.
I use 400 watt hps.

--------------------
CLICK HERE FOR MY HUGE TRADE LIST ~~ CLICK HERE
Looking For These Items
Various Plants and Seeds.

Edited by jojoba (11/27/04 05:55 PM)

Offlinetheocean06

Re: Successful in growing Hawaiian Baby Woodrose and Ololiuqui (Rivea corymobosa) indoors? [Re: jojoba]
    #3416488 - 11/27/04 06:07 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

jojoba said:
Yes that is if you want to get technical with the ( flowering plants ). I have friends that grow different plants and use the same HPS light for flowering and vegetative growth. They just change the timing.
I use 400 watt hps.

"Yes that is if you want to get technical with the ( flowering plants )"

Hey, sorry if my post came off as rude.

Thanks for your help

The wattage for an HPS light and MH light should pretty much be the same, correct?

--------------------

InvisibleShamansPalace
Tree Hugger

Loc: www.ShamansPalace.com
    #3416531 - 11/27/04 06:17 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hehe i didnt take it as rude its all good :smile:I just meant to say its ok to use the same light. Cuz you would have to buy  seperate MH and HPS ballasts, unless you have one that converts from MH to HPS .

Thats a good point though. I would think for minimal shock you would want around the same wattage. Yet you think plants outside dont always get the same amount of light.

--------------------
Shaman's Palace
FREE Gift's with EVERY ORDER !!
QUICK shipping !10% Shroomery Member Discount!
www.ShamansPalace.com
Questions - Sales@Shamanspalace.com

InvisibleShamansPalace
Tree Hugger

Re: Successful in growing Hawaiian Baby Woodrose and Ololiuqui (Rivea corymobosa) indoors? [Re: ShamansPalace]
    #3416539 - 11/27/04 06:18 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i hate when i do that.

--------------------
Shaman's Palace
www.ShamansPalace.com

Offlinetheocean06

Re: Successful in growing Hawaiian Baby Woodrose and Ololiuqui (Rivea corymobosa) indoors? [Re: ShamansPalace]
    #3416804 - 11/27/04 07:30 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Did you reply thinking I replied to something you said?

Anyway, thanks both of you.

--------------------

InvisibleShamansPalace
Tree Hugger

#3416876 - 11/27/04 07:47 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

hehe. I am jojoba too .I meant to post as jojoba but posted under this name. hehe.

--------------------
Shaman's Palace
www.ShamansPalace.com

Offlinetheocean06

#3416904 - 11/27/04 07:53 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

How hot do HPS lights get? If I was to grow some cacti and other plants (Salvia, HBW, etc.) about how far away should I place the lights? Since I will have both 6 inch and 10 inch cacti, would it be ok with the lights were 10-12 inches away?

--------------------

Offlinetheocean06

#3417413 - 11/27/04 10:18 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

How did you angle the light for the vines? It just seems like since they grow straight up, instead of having the light pointing down, have it turned like at a 45 degree angle?

--------------------

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
    #3417614 - 11/27/04 11:33 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I have mine growing indoors, I actually neglect it quite a bit. Humidity isnt a key factor, but as with most plants they like some humidity for fast growth. I have mine about 1' away from a horizontal floro tube thats lighting my cacti. The light is in no way positioned t benifit the plant, it just gets dim lighting. The whole plant is about 3' tall but its trained.

They respond well to not having too much light, they dont display loss of lower growth as weed would do. HBW's would make a great house plant as long as it gets a bit of sunlight, even indirect would get the job done. Then after winter you can throw them outdoors and water and feed often. I like to foliar feed mine on the new leaves. It gives the leaves a much darker green color and it seems to make the leaves a bit stronger.

The hardest thing i found with growing HBWS is not damaging the leaves. Its a bit hard for me since we have big partys in my yard almost every weekend over the summer. Ive had eveything from some sort of chemical/beer/piss burns to have it fall over or had things fall on it.

Aboout the vines. Ive trained mine to grow in a ? shape about 3' tall. The top 5 or so nodes all shot out growth and i will be training the vines around the main stalk in a circle fashion so it will be a more of a bush.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, HPS, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden