Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehills
"Criminal"
 User Gallery
Loc: Earth
simple question about dunking/coldshocking..
    #3415591 - 11/27/04 11:24 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i exhausted all the posts and teks related to dunking/cold shocking.

my question is, doesn't it need to be completely pitch dark when dunking/coldshocking?

so if i just scrape the dry verm off the top, pour water into the jars with a tad of h202, and place in the fridge for 24 hours will they be fine?

what if i open the fridge periodically to get food and light gets introduced to them? won't light confuse the cold-shocking process and trigger pins too early? reccomendations? thx

--------------------
I am the key to the lock in your house
That keeps your toys in the basement
And if you get too far inside
You'll only see my reflection

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: simple question about dunking/coldshocking.. [Re: hills]
    #3415597 - 11/27/04 11:27 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

No it is not going to hurt to expose the cakes to a few min. of light a day. I say this because if your at the point of cold shocking your ready to begin all pinning initiation procedures. So a little light wont hurt ya.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: simple question about dunking/coldshocking.. [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3415607 - 11/27/04 11:30 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

im not an h2o2 expert but i think the reason is a little overkill. if i remamber right light can break down h2o2. so thats the only reason i can see for needing it to be dark. but i can be way off on this whole thing

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinehills
"Criminal"
 User Gallery
    #3415609 - 11/27/04 11:31 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

alright thanks. i guess the REAL question i was getting at was - will early light exposure during while dunking/coldshocking (at the same time) alter the amount of the pins produced? would it be OPTIMUM for light to be introduced entirely after the process?  Or should i stop being redundant and listen to you?  :japsmile:

--------------------

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
    #3415622 - 11/27/04 11:35 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

oh if your taling about that. then listen to hawk. that little wont do anything to fuck up pinning, to be honest i dont think cakes can do shit while cold. so yeah dont worry bout that aspesct of it.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinehills
"Criminal"
 User Gallery
Re: simple question about dunking/coldshocking.. [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3415628 - 11/27/04 11:36 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

alright thanks guys :smile:

--------------------

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#3415629 - 11/27/04 11:37 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Okay, the reason your putting them in the fridge is to slow and reduce the growth of any type of bacteria or mold spores that may be germinating in your jars. Light wont neccesarily hurt you, and yes it could potentially speed up the pinning process. I dont believe it would be optimum to introduce light ONLY after the cold shock/dunk. I dont believe it will be detrimental, but am unaware if it will be beneficial.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
    #3415912 - 11/27/04 01:14 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

last time i checked, it's dark inside a fridge when it's closed

:tongue:

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: simple question about dunking/coldshocking.. [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3416034 - 11/27/04 02:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

He was worried about the light that goes on and in when he opens the door to get food etc.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale