Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Loc: Lost in the Patterns
Re: Dream Thread [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3354697 - 11/13/04 04:44 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Jacques-

I too find that once I gain lucidity...I always go on doing what I was doing in the dream.

After this happening many times...I think this is the reason:

The majority of dreams have something to tell you...if you interrupt the dream and go about flying and having sex...you're not gonna get the message...here are a few of my experiences/examples.

This girl I've known for years (kinda same situation as psyka) is always in my dreams. One time/dream fragment:  I'm in my room doing something and the phone rings. I pick it up and look at the front (cell phone) to see who is calling. The letters are all jumbled and changing from one to another. But the letters read like this to start before jumping around- K*ti*, where the asteriks were any old changing letter. I say to myself- "Oh I'm dreaming"- (b/c of the writing)-....also, I knew who was on the phone despite barely being able to make it out (girl's name is Katie).

Instead of taking control of my very lucid state...I picked up the phone and continued on with dream...I think I had something important to do or something. Most of the time I go lucid I am too intrigued with the dream to take advantage.

This one is from a few nights ago:

I am in this very dark, gray place..there is a very high sky, filled with gray clouds that swirl intensely...there are big black creatures flying in the air, but I barely pay attention to them. Everywhere are these gigantically tall towers that are made of a dark platforms- each one about the height of a regular "story" above the other one. They are about the size of a building and they go up and up and up tot he sky. These towers/platform-stacks line up everywhere, creating blocks and blocks of them.

I walk around this weird "city" at first...just looking around. Then I start to climb one of the "buildings"...I am climbing the story high platforms like a ladder...hand up to each next story pulling me up...then I start floating....all of a sudden I am cruising up towards the top of the tower, literally flying upwards. I am estatic as I come towards the top. I reach for the top platform with my hands and try to pull myself up onto the platform. It is extremely difficult and I am not strong enough to pull myself up with my upper body strength. I suddenly realize "It's okay though...b/c I am DREAMING." I sigh in relief and stop trying to push myself up...I fall right back down and into the ground...peacefully, smiling.

Once again I realized my lucidity, but took no action. In fact I found it consoling that I was dreaming...I realized that it wasn't real and that it didn't matter if I fell down...but I surrendered to the flow of the dream...

That recent one, definitely has a lot to do with my life and current goals. I'm still integrating it. :grin:

Everyone keep posting! I enjoy reading this thread.

--------------------
need that cash to feed them jones.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Dream Thread [Re: Teragon]
    #3354878 - 11/13/04 08:08 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I hear you... that seems to be my problem--even when I think I'm lucid, I still seem to "fear" the dream's negative aspects... when in actuality, KNOWING that it's a dream, I should have nothing at all to fear.

Gotta figure out how to get over that speed-bump.

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Re: Dream Thread [Re: Shroomism]
    #3367576 - 11/16/04 04:05 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I had a dream the other night that I was skiing with some friends and we stopped on the slopes to have a chicken sandwich. I am a vegetarian so it made me queesy. The bazaar thing was the next day I ordered a sushi role that was supposed to be tofu but was chicken. That hasn't happened to me the whole 2 yrs I have been a veg.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

OfflineIrijes
Dankwoman
 User Gallery

Loc: Happy Trails
Re: Dream Thread [Re: Shroomism]
    #3372548 - 11/17/04 01:21 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

hmmm.. this is my first post in the dream thread...I just can't seem to get this dream outta my head so here it goes....

I was in a small room sort of like a dorm or something because I remember standing in the hallway and there were just tons of room. I don't exactly remember what was coming, but there was something so we were all hurrying to gather our things and get out. I don't know who I was with at this point but the next thing I remember is Vamp and 40 . I could see them through the window driving to the compound. I remember thinking I hope they make it.

Ok, this is the part of the dream that freaks me out. I woke up wimpering and crying after this....

I am standing in the parking lot of a supermarket. I don't know where I've never seen it before. I walk in, in search of my fiance, Dankman. Annelicious is with me. Suddenly mass confusion is going on and people are running everywhere. I look at the line to get in and then look at the counter and realize I don't have the right currency. I think there were three or four boxes with different coins or paper in them. I realize I can't get in and freak out. I run outside and grab Annie. All I can do is stand in the middle of this parking lot hugging Annie with my eyes closed. Even now I can remember the feeling of saddness and desperation as I stood there eyes closed praying for Dank to come back.

Next thing I remember I am sitting in a truck on Dank's lap. oDin and Annie are behind us and I think ninetynine is behind us too. I am sitting there looking at a man I have never seen. oDin is reassuring me we can trust him. We pull up to a check point to get out of town. There are people all around getting beat up and searched. We pull up and my cousin and his wife are sitting there, being held at gun point being made to search vehicles. He looks up at me with sad eyes and waves us through.

Then I suddenly switched places with him. For a brief second I saw the truck I was sitting in driving away (it was red I don't know if this matters). Then I am back in the truck looking at my cousin and his wife walking up the street with a guard behind them. I started to cry because I realized that he had just saved my life and was going to die for it.

I woke up confused wimpering and crying. I can still remember all the emotions throughout this dream. It was one of those dreams that just seems like real life, too real to be a dream.

Anyways, thanks.

--------------------
"Apparently there is a great discovery or insight which our culture is deliberately designed to supress, distort and ignore. That is that Nature is some kind of minded entity. That Nature is not simply the random flight of atoms through electromagnetic fields. Nature is not the empty, despiritualized lumpen matter that we inherit from modern physics. But it is instead a kind of intelligence, a kind of mind."

-Terence McKenna

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
Re: Dream Thread [Re: Irijes]
    #3372685 - 11/17/04 02:13 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

thats a crazy dream :crazy:

no gatherings in other countries for us.

:heart:

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3379100 - 11/18/04 11:05 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hey mister Cousteau (btw why did you choose this name?) i'm not particularly advanced in lucid dreaming, but since no one has answered your question yet, I think i might be able to help you.

I think the lucid dream you had was probably one of your first LD because it shows that you are not yet in control of what you do in your dreams. See in my first lucid dream, when I realized I could do whatever I wanted to, the first thing I tried to do was to fly. So I jumped and tried to fly, but I just landed back on my feet.

I asked from some advice here just as you did, and the answer I got was that i had to try to imagine I had some sorts of rocket propellers under my shoes that could make me fly. And so, I did that the next time I lucid dreamed and it worked, I flew.

This next part is going to be hard to explain, but see, I think that in order to control what you do in your dreams, you have to go further than simply having the will to fly for example, because when you do that you haven't told your mind that its possible to do it, part of your mind still thinks that you can't do it, so you don't. What you need to do is to realize that the dream, even though it seems like reality, is all in your head so you are the creator of it, so its YOUR reality that you can manage however you want.

It might sound complicated like that, but it isn't. It isn't hard to do, and you get better at it everytime.

Now if I could have given advice to you the day before you had that dream in your car with the cops, I would have told you to just imagine that your seat belt would break under the pressure of your body trying to go upwards, or even better you could simply have flown through it! You just have to tell your mind that you can.

And also, about dreaming being some kind of reflex thing. Everyone should be able to relate with you. when you are not lucid dreaming, you are just a robot under the influence of your subconscious. Everything you do is just an unconscious reaction to what's going on in your dream. totally normal stuff. its also an interesting thing to notice when you wake up from a dream, just to realize that you've been sleepwalking in your dream the whole time...i find that this kinda stuff makes you wonder on the nature of awareness. Good thinking source.

What's up with the fear man? You say alot of stuff like escape, panic, running away in your post. I know its unconscious, but you should be able to analyze in what way the fear you encounter in your dreams relates to your waking life. I'm no dream analyzer. even if what you do in your dreams is a reaction, it shouldn't be a panicked reaction.
I don't know, i guess my advice to you is to think to yourself before you go to sleep to fight whatever you are afraid of, confront your fears, and that there's no need to be afraid.

That's all, hope i helped
Peace

--------------------

OfflineSamus
Stranger

Re: Dream Thread [Re: exclusive58]
    #3385952 - 11/19/04 06:49 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I once fell asleep on 7 tabs of acid... My head hurts when I even begin to remember what my brain went through that night.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

#3394020 - 11/21/04 06:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for your response, it resonated well with me.

Quote:

What's up with the fear man? You say alot of stuff like escape, panic, running away in your post. I know its unconscious, but you should be able to analyze in what way the fear you encounter in your dreams relates to your waking life. I'm no dream analyzer. even if what you do in your dreams is a reaction, it shouldn't be a panicked reaction.
I don't know, i guess my advice to you is to think to yourself before you go to sleep to fight whatever you are afraid of, confront your fears, and that there's no need to be afraid.

That's the thing though, comparing how i act in dreams to how I act in real life is like polar opposites. I've learned to be quite aware in real life, but my dreams are pure robot-land. This is why I identify the egoic nature of my dreams, because it contrasts strongly to my daily life.

What I seem to fear in dreams is death, capturing, injury. I see what you are saying about how it "should" reflect my waking life, but what I'm saying is that I'm no longer under the control of my ego during most waking days. I do not fear anymore.

This is why it is strange that I am so egoic and fearful in most of my dreams.

The problem with saying "you just have to realize" this or that in a dream, is that I'm already IN automation mode.. it's like I don't even stop to think, so how can I realize something?

The only way I managed to get lucid enough to fly through the roof (and still be held down by the seatbelt.. by the way, your relation to that part was very helpful.. I hope I will be aware enough to try to incorporate that concept next time) was to wake up and go back to sleep into the same dream like 4 times. Since I was falling asleep so immediately each time, I was able to say to myself "Okay, this is the gameplan:" immediately before.

The problem is, this is a very rare situation.. 99% of the time I'm "already dreaming" when I'm in a dream.. like I'm already automated, and therefore not actively thinking things through logically.

InvisibleMellowMood
Dreamin Man
Loc: in the vast
    #3399900 - 11/23/04 06:31 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

So ive been really stoned a lot lately and normally I dont recall dreams when i smoke atmost 4 hours before bed...but acouple nights ago somethings, very vivid at the moment now a little hazy, I had this amazing dream.

I read something about metorite shower coming soon or something that day.

In my dream Im looking up...and at first seeing the most beautiful sky ever... It appeared as though thousands of little "shooting stars" all diferent colors all diferent streaks of color. Its so hard to describe what i saw it was awe inspiring... so vivid so perfect with streaks going across and  i recalled reading about the meteor shower, in my dream. At this point im watching and sorta zooming in on this beautiful object streaking brightly across the sky. It turns into a rocket...and kind of twists and turns then i look forward in front of me....and im at a playground...in front of me is a little baby which when i imagine or try to think of the thought "disgust" comes to me...it was very ugly/demented looking...I continued onto the playground...end dream

Sunsets in dreams rock too. :stoned:

Late for guitar lessons cus i got stoned and started typing this :tongue2: :jamming:

--------------------
"Im a dreamin man
yes thats my problem
I cant tell when im
not being real"

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3402741 - 11/24/04 08:20 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The problem with saying "you just have to realize" this or that in a dream, is that I'm already IN automation mode.. it's like I don't even stop to think, so how can I realize something?

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here, when you become lucid in a dream, it means that you realize that you're dreaming, you're not in automation mode anymore, you're in control, that's why its called lucid dreaming. 

Quote:

99% of the time I'm "already dreaming" when I'm in a dream.. like I'm already automated, and therefore not actively thinking things through logically. 

:confused: Like i said in the first post, everyone who dreams and who isn't lucid goes through their dreams in this "automated mode". Maybe you have a wrong idea of what lucid dreaming is. Its not like you go from waking life straight to lucid dreaming. First you are dreaming like usual, and then something happens, like you realize that something is weird, and you go "wow, im dreaming" and therefore from then on you are not automated anymore.

I think i'm right if i say that this was your first lucid dream, I strongly suggest you find a good website that gives information on what lucid dreaming is and how to do it more often. This will make your chances of lucid dreaming raise alot. All you need is a little more experience, then you'll understand what it is i was trying to tell you.

As for the fear in your dreams, maybe it is related to past experiences in your life that you are afraid to deal with, that you are trying to forget or that have deranged you but that you are unwilling to acknowlege. Again, i'm no dream analyzer, only you can find out, and its not like their is THE solution to your problem.
But you can't go on thinking that you're no longer in control of your ego, your ego can always come back under a different form without you noticing it.
Constantly analyze what you do, how you react to things and people, and what you think.  Always be on the lookout for thorns growing in your mind so that you may pick them off. Meditate if you're not doing so already.
PEace out  :stoned:

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

#3402994 - 11/24/04 09:56 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

eh, how to better explain...

first of all, this was not my first lucid dream. I've read a good deal about them, and I understand the meaning of the term. I've had several, spaced out over the years.

The problem is, even when I realize I am dreaming, it's like I am not "fully" lucid. I go "Jeez, this isn't right.. must be a dream" then that's it, no more thinking... just goes right back to automation mode after. Like I can't STAY lucid, I guess you'd say.

And trust me, as I said before, I know myself. I know my history, and I have confronted my fears. There are no big bad skeletons in my closet anymore. I practice meditation during day to day activity on a regular basis, as it has been the only way for me to overcome the depression I used to suffer from.

Also: I'm aware of the fact that "when you think you've got it beat, it's got you beat" when it comes to the ego... but the fact is, I have drastically more control over how my ego effects me than I used to. I have done radical improvement in the way my brain works, and I do sincerely believe that I am very good at identifying when my ego is controlling me and when it is not.

To quote you: "Constantly analyze what you do, how you react to things and people, and what you think. Always be on the lookout for thorns growing in your mind so that you may pick them off."

I live by that sentiment. I always "keep an eye on my mind" so to speak. This is why I find it so strange that I have no grip on my ego in my dreams. I know it's easy to write someone off as confused, but trust me when I say that I've been down the confused road in waking life and it is a part of my past now, nothing more.

So anyway. Back to the subject at hand--it seems that through this conversation I've determined the problem and a better way to word it:

Several times over in dreams I have become lucid for a moment, but then it quickly slips away as soon as any kind of distraction occurs.

So the question is: How do I keep it from slipping away?

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
    #3404701 - 11/24/04 03:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I always have odd dreams about killing people and my gf cheating on me or me cheating on here. Three nights ago I had a dream me and my g/f got in this brutal sword fight and she was literally trying to kill me and I had no choice but to kill her. So I had her pinned on the ground and I shoved my sword where I thought her liver would be....didn't work. Did it again like 6 times and she was still crying in pain. So I shoved my sword into her heart and twisted it and she coughed up blood and died. I ran upstairs ( this all took place in my grandfathers house for some reason) and stopped halfway up them and broke down crying because she was gone....then I woke up.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Dream Thread [Re: vandago]
    #3404918 - 11/24/04 04:31 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Here is a reoccuring dream of mine:

I have a reoccuring type of dream:

In these dreams, I am being chased by a male (it's always a male) authority figure, and it is up to me to elude and decieve him to escape from him. I often turn into a flying creature, or a creature that can go below ground. He never catches me, but he always comes desperately close. The few times he does catch me, I always escape and then the chase begins again. I have these 'escape dreams' consistantly, about 3-5 times a week. Sometimes these dreams turn violent, and then I become the stalker, brandishing a knife to stab this male authority figure and prevail. But no matter how many times I stab him, he comes back alive a little while later.

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
Re: Dream Thread [Re: MOTH]
    #3405996 - 11/24/04 09:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I remember up until I was ten I had this reoccuring dream constantly. It started and I was on my grandpas back porch and there was an old man there and he was very very sad holding a styrofoam cup with a dandelion in it. I felt so bad for him I walked up and started dropping dimes in the cup for him and he began to cry. Then the dream would flash to me being outside of a spaceship like apollo 13 frantically trying to fix it but I couldn't do it no matter how hard I'd try..then it would change back to the other dream. It would go on like this til I woke up in my bed sweating crying and screaming. Odd.

OfflineGravion
Hidden LeafNinja

Loc: Konoha Village
Re: Dream Thread [Re: vandago]
    #3408269 - 11/25/04 02:00 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i don't know much about dreams and the one ive been having is perplexing->> i have dreamt about walking down a long hallway into a vast and empty room and being surrounded by people i know all asking the same question."Who are you and why are you here?"...after a minute or two(dream time) i "dispose" of all the people in the room in a frenzy of maddened rage

--------------------
There is no true wisdom, only fools who think their wise!

http://www.geocities.com/vashreward

OfflineRiffSki
Fulltime stoner

Loc: Oslo, Norway
My sickest dream ever [Re: Gravion]
    #3408440 - 11/25/04 02:51 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

this is a dream i had when i was like 3-4 yrs.
scary as hell. wel it seemed that atleast

Me, my mother and my father is in a cabin.
I see myself as a observer.
I'm a baby.
My mommy is tierd holds me in her arms and then i hanging in her arms close to the floor.
In that dream we had a rottweiler, that ate babys.
then it comes to eat me, my daddy rips his dick off and give it to the dog.
then i woke up screaming.

--------------------
Arguing on the net is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win you are still a retard.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
Re: My sickest dream ever [Re: RiffSki]
    #3408455 - 11/25/04 02:55 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Freud would have had a field day with that one :grin:

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

OfflineRiffSki
Fulltime stoner

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Re: My sickest dream ever [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #3408512 - 11/25/04 03:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yeah i know

--------------------
Arguing on the net is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win you are still a retard.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3415464 - 11/27/04 10:30 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

So the question is: How do I keep it from slipping away? 

Well I don't think I can help in this area because I've never had any problems like that when I LD, usually when I realize i'm dreaming, its such a great and intense thing that i wouldn't let myself fall back into robot mode. Maybe its just that you're not all that interested in LD, so when you realize that you're dreaming you're like, "eh, whatever". Cuz i can tell you that i'm really emotionally attached to the experience and i think about it every day.

Last time I lucid dreamed, something kinda similar to your dream happened. As i realized i was dreaming, i started doing stuff, but i had a hard time holding on to the dream and not waking up. Two or three times during the dream, i went from lucid dreaming to being back in my bed with my eyes closed.I think it was because I was almost TOO aware, aware that i was in this strange place and that i was lying in my bed at the same time, or something like that. What I did when this happened was that I concentrated very hard to go back in my dream, and it worked.

So maybe this is your answer: concentration. Next time, concentrate on being concentrated  :wink: Its an active process.

OfflineNosferatuMan
Stranger
    #3420576 - 11/28/04 07:41 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I just woke up from this dream I had, where Santa was driving down my road, with a reindeer behind him, and fire coming out of it's ass. After that I went inside and told my Grandma I should have gave it some Tums.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale