Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibledorkus
don't look back
 User Gallery
Some controversial quotes to ponder...
    #3415413 - 11/27/04 11:57 AM (12 years, 12 days ago)

"We don't want to be free from fear. All that we want to do is to play games with it and talk about freeing ourselves from fear."

"Your constant utilization of thought to give continuity to your separate self is 'you'. There is nothing there inside you other than that."

"When the movement in the direction of becoming something other than what you are isn't there any more, you are not in conflict with yourself."

Then came the usual question, "Why do they say that the world is an illusion?" U.G. replied, "The center is created here; the space is created by thought. Measurement starts from a reference point. All measurements are illusory. "Maya" means "measure" and not "illusion". If the reference point goes by any chance, there is no way of knowing anything. Then there is no outside or inside."

"Sex for the human being is more of a build up in his imagination. The body begs for release from the tension. And we turn this release, the orgasm, into the ultimate pleasure for man."

"If you have the courage to touch life for the first time, you will never know what hit you. Everything man has thought, felt and experienced is gone, and nothing is put in its place."

Thought is body, thought is life, thought is sex. You are the thought. Thought is you. If there is no thought, you are not there. There is no world, if thought is not there.

When you know nothing, you say a lot. When you know something, there is nothing to say.

Please don't say that there are thousands of seers and sages; there are only a very few. You can count them all on your fingers. The rest are merely technocrats. The saint is a technocrat. That is what most people are. But now with the development of drugs and other techniques, the saint is dispensable. You don't any longer need a priest or saint to instruct you in meditation. If you want to control your thoughts, simply take a drug and forget them, if that is what you want. If you can't sleep, take a sleeping pill. Sleep for a while, then wake up. It is the same.

You are just a computer. There is no individual there. It is all one movement in the cosmos. The movement of even a leaf affects you.

The only way for any one who is interested in finding out what this is all about is to watch how this separation is occurring, how you are separating yourself from the things that are happening around you and inside you.

In nature there is no death or destruction at all. What occurs is the reshuffling of atoms. If there is a need or necessity to maintain the balance of 'energy' in this universe, death occurs.

A 'moral man' is a frightened man- chicken hearted man; that is why he practices morality and sits in judgement over others.

Thought is something dead and can never touch anything living. It cannot capture life,contain it, and give expression to it. The moment it tries to touch life it is destroyed by the quality of life.

Knowledge creates experience and experience strengthens the knowledge. This is a vicious circle.

Anything you experience based on knowledge is an illusion.

A normal person lives in his illusions. A mad cap lives in his hallucinations. A man in the 'natural state' has neither of them.

What I am trying to say is that you must discover something for yourself. But do not be misled into thinking that what you find will be of use to society, that it can be used to change the world. You are finished with society, that is all.

The body does not exist except as a thought. There is one thought. Everything exists in relationship to that one thought. That thought is 'me'. Anything you experience based on thought is illusion.

Just let me warn you that if what you are aiming at--Moksha--really happens, you will die. There will be a physical death, because there has to be a physical death to be in that state.

Forget the rosaries, the scriptures, the ashes on your forehead. When you see for yourself the absurdity of your search, the whole culture is reduced to ashes inside you. The burning up inside you of everything you want is the meaning of ashes

All I can guarantee you is that as long as you are searching for happiness, you will remain unhappy.

"Nature is busy creating absolutely unique individuals, where as culture has invented a single mold to which all must conform. It is grotesque."

It is mortality that creates immortality. It is the known that creates the unknown. It is the time that has created the timeless. It is thought that has created the thoughtless.

You are part of a generalized magnetic field and what separates you from others is thought. You are concerned only with your happiness and unhappiness, the video set you are watching.

Humility is an art that one practices. There is no such thing as humility. As long as you know,there is no humility. The known and humility cannot coexist

Society, which has created all these sociopaths, has invented morality to protect itself from them. Society has created the 'saints' and 'sinners'. I don't accept them as such.

You have to brush everything aside to find out. Your problem is not how to get something from somebody, but how to reject everything that is offered by anybody.

It is so simple that the complex structure that is involved doesn't want to leave it alone. That is really the problem.

You forget that everything you have around you is the creation of thought. You are yourself born out of thought, otherwise you would not be here at all. In that sense thought has a tremendous value, yet it is the very thing that will destroy you.

Every time a thought is born you are born. It is not this particular entity, which is non-existing even while you are living, takes a series of births.

The Sanskrit word "Maya" does not mean illusion in the same sense in which the English word is used. "Maya" means to measure. You cannot measure anything unless you have a point. So, if the center is absent, there is no circumference at all. That is pure and simple basic arithmetic.

The subject does not exist there. It is the object that creates the subject. This runs counter to the whole philosophical thinking of India.

While you are living, the knowledge that is there does not belong to you. So, why are you concerned as to what will happen after what you call "you" is gone?

When thought is not there all the time, what is there is living from moment to moment. It's all in frames, millions and millions and millions of frames, to put it in the language of film

To be yourself is very easy, you don't have to do a thing. No effort is necessary. You don't have to exercise your will, you don't have to do anything to be yourself. But to be something other than what you are, you have to do a lot of things.

Whenever such a thing [enlightenment] happened, it happened to those people who had given up completely and totally all their search. That is an absolute requisite for that kind of a thing.

Thought can never capture the movement of life, it is much too slow. It is like lightning and thunder. They occur simultaneously, but sound, travelling slower than light, reaches you later, creating the illusion of two separate events.

It is clear to me that to find out for yourself you must be absolutely helpless with nowhere to turn. The uselessness of turning to inner or outer sources to help yourself is something of which I am certain.

Your constant utilization of thought to give continuity to your separative self is 'you'.There is nothing there inside you other than that.

All the accumulated knowledge, experience, and suffering of mankind is inside you. You must build a huge bonfire within you. Then you will become an individual. There is no other way.

The appreciation of music, poetry and language is all culturally determined and is the product of thought. It is acquired taste that tells you that Beethoven's Ninth Symphony is more beautiful than a chorus of cats screaming; both produce equally valid sensations.

The peak of sex experience is the one thing in life you have that comes close to being a first-hand experience; all the rest of your experiences are second-hand, somebody else's.

The questioner is nothing but the answers. That is really the problem. We are not ready to accept this answer because it will put an end to the answers which we have accepted for ages as the real answers.

We never look at anything. It is too dangerous to look because that 'looking' destroys the continuity of thinking.

When I talk of a total anarchy, it is a state of being and not a state of doing. There is no action there. May be out of that something new will emerge.

All revolutions are nothing but reevaluations of our value systems. You only replace one system with another system.

This body is a perfect piece that has been created by nature. In this assemblage of the species of human beings on this planet one being is endowed with the intelligence of an Einstein, another is endowed with the brawn of a Tyson, and someone else is endowed with the beauty of a Marilyn Monroe. I can't conceive any possibility of all the three blooming in one individual--brain, brawn and beauty.

We think that thoughts are there inside of us. We think that they are self-generated and spontaneous. What is actually there is what I call a thought-sphere. The thought-sphere is the totality of man's experiences, thoughts, and feelings passed on to us from generation to generation.

Boredom is a bottomless pit. As long as you think that there is something more interesting, more purposeful, more meaningful to do than what you are actually doing, you have no way of freeing yourself from boredom.

It would be more interesting to learn from children, than try to teach them how to behave, how to live and how to function.

The whole purpose of a conversation or dialogue is only to convert the other man to your point of view. If you have no point of view, there is no way he can convince or convert you to his point of view.

"Are there any boots to walk on thorns?"
His reply came back crisp and direct, "There are no thorns."
Unsatisfied, I pursued, "The thorns are very much there for me!"
With quiet patience he answered, "Stop looking for roses and there will be no thorns."

Anything that happens in space and time is limiting the energy of life. What life is I don't know; nor will I ever.

"Total anarchy is a state of being rather than a state of doing."

You are not ready to accept the fact that you have to give up. A complete and total surrender." It is a state of hopelessness which says that there is no way out... Any movement in any direction, on any dimension, at any level, is taking you away from yourself...

Only if you reject all the other paths can you discover your own path.

Food, clothing and shelter- these are the basic needs. Beyond that, if you want anything, it is the beginning of self-deception.

'Be selfish and stay selfish' is my message. Wanting enlightment is selfishness. Charity is selfishness.

The line of demarcation between the mystic and the madcap is very thin. This one--madcap--is a clinical case and the other is on the way.

I am not in conflict with the society. I am not interested in changing it. The demand to bring about a change in myself isn't there anymore. So, the demand to change the world at large is not there. I suffer with the suffering man and am happy with the happy man...

Whatever we experience is thought-induced. What you don't know you can't experience. To experience a thing you have to know.

--U.G.Krishnamurti

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Some controversial quotes to ponder... [Re: dorkus]
    #3415481 - 11/27/04 12:40 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Ahhhh, i see you too have found incredible wisdom in Krishnamurti's words.

I've got much love for him, his words are pure Truth in human terms.

--------------------

Invisibledorkus
don't look back
 User Gallery
Re: Some controversial quotes to ponder... [Re: exclusive58]
    #3415514 - 11/27/04 12:57 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Yeah, I've been doing alot of reading and searching the last couple of years. Much confusion has come out of it  :crazy:

U.G. Krishnamurti is one of the few who seems to be living in the void (whatever that means).

Ramana Maharshi, Papaji and Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj definitely spoke the Truth and walked the talk.

To study the life of 'so-called' saints is confusing to me. People like Osho and Jiddu Krishnamurti, both known to be totally enlightened by most known Tibetan Lamas and so forth, lived lives as a drug addict in Osho's case, and both were known as sexually manipulating, twisted peeping toms and liars according to biographies and texts. This disturbs me.

Gurdijeff was known to be a raving, mean alcholic.

What is Left Hand Tantra anyway, eh?

Invisibledorkus
don't look back
 User Gallery
Re: Some controversial quotes to ponder... [Re: dorkus]
    #3415526 - 11/27/04 01:01 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Also it is interesting to note that all of these Advaita Vedanta 'gurus' (maharshi, papaji, maharaj, balsekar etc) claim that enlightenment indeed exists as a final state. In the Maharshi's words: "Either you are there, or you are not. There are no steps, no path."

In another thread dealing with the topic of enlightenment it seems like most of the forum's members do not believe this state even exists.

The path is strange land :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology