Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

ID help please
    #338714 - 06/11/01 10:23 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry i dont have a pic but here is what i found. 4 diff types.

1) growing in horse manure mixed with wood chipps.

dark brown all over. black gills. black spores. stains blue. very potent mushroom smell. like portabelo, not so much a cubi smell.

about 2 inches tall 1 inch cap

2) growing in horse manure mixed with wood chipps.

1.5inches tall small cap. light brown stem darkening at cap. light brown cap with a darker edge.
cant see any spores. does not stain blue.

3) mush like the 2nd but stain blue and drop black spores. dark gills. actualy the 2nd specimen might be younger specimens of the 3rd.

and i found some white stemed dark grey capped mushrooms on straw. black spores. does not stain blue.

thanks for any help.

il try and get some pics.

--------------------------------
Dident god say that?

Well then. You can call me jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOJ
old hand
Re: ID help please [Re: Anonymous]
    #338774 - 06/11/01 11:34 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

and i found some white stemed dark grey capped mushrooms on straw. black spores. does not stain blue. ::::::::

in reply to that, sounds like a pan sub to me... and i have heard some do not stain blue!!

it IS hard to identify without a pic...

Anonymous

Re: ID help please [Re: OJ]
    #339016 - 06/12/01 09:32 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

yah iknow. sorry.
I dont usualy hunt but i found a huge dung pile and there were lots and los of these shrooms on them.

I dont think they are pan subbs though the stems arnt hollow.

anyway. Thanks

Dident god say that?

OfflineIndiospree
addict
Loc: All over
    #339087 - 06/12/01 11:45 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

OJ, you know there is not no pann subb that does or does not stain blue. It irritates me when people with a name like the juice think they can apply his football skills to mushroom hunting. There is one pann subb though that Mitchnast drew blue I'll bet, but no one knows if it's true or if he'll print it, but I know it's true, but Mitchell, a close-old friend doesn't want to violate his Shroomerite duties.

Anonymous

Re: ID help please [Re: Indiospree]
    #341538 - 06/15/01 02:28 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

update:

I got a book from the library and they are pan subbs and the darker ones are pann stuntzii

I have never herd of the stuntzii. Has anyone had an experience with them? are they very majic?

Dident god say that?

Offlinecardboard
digitalautomatedansweringmachine

Loc: pac northwest
    #341578 - 06/15/01 03:31 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

the "stunziis" should have a veil remains forming a "blue ring" around the stem. The stem should also be very white and tough compared to pan subs. And of course the tradmark psilocybe feature of puple brown sporeprints.

--------------------
stay off my land

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
    #341693 - 06/15/01 05:42 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

nope. cant be pan stuntzii.. maybe Psilocybe stuntzii... there are no pans with veils. ive never heard of stuntzii found in ontario, i have however heard of P Fimetaria in new brunswick. so maybe you have that, its another type of blue ringer macroscomically simmilar to P stunszi. :)

madness never slows down, it only piles up.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale