Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
psychedelics and depression
    #3415040 - 11/27/04 05:16 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

after about 8 years of being in psychedelic "circles," i've noticed that when one has a full blown "mystical," or "enlightening"(if you've had one you know what i mean) trip experience, there seems to be a pattern, espcially with youths, of becoming depressed or mentally unstable.

to sum it up, i believe this can only be due to a few things.

1.) the mind isn't prepared for such an information input...its like lifetimes of meditation and mind preparation squeezed into a 6 hour session. and i suppose something like that experience creates more questions. years ago, when i was 18 i tripped for the first time and i realized little truths, nothing major, but the second time, alone, i came out of it a changed man forever...that was my "awakening." all my beliefs were changed and negated...i found that the wisdom and understanding that came from the trip was the same as many eastern-philosophies, which i had never seen or researched at all in my life.

2.) maybe such mindfucks produce post-trumatic-stress-disorders

3.) perhaps its something i havent thought of

4.) perhaps it's all of these combined

i believe i have realized "the one"...after my mystical experience for a while i was truly happy for months...peace was with me, and i mean peace all the way down to through my bones. i was truly unattached to everything. but this didnt last forever. easy come, easy go.

anyway, i've been diagnosed with bipolar disorder for a few years. there are good times, and of course bad.

i feel perhaps when the mind hasnt been trained for years, naturally, for flashes of understanding, its just unprepared.

with the "understanding" i percieved, i still wouldnt trade it for anything. some days i feel more understanding and wisdom than others, my mind seems to quiet and "deepen" and i seem to percieve everyday things in a deeper manner.

what do you folks think about this?

if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: psychedelics and depression [Re: CleverName]
    #3415459 - 11/27/04 12:27 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Many musicians, artists, and directors find themselves fascinated with one or more religions. Very often, the artistic genius finds religious and spiritual figures to be central themes of their thoughts, and of their lives. When we examine the writings of Beethoven, Mozart, and Van Gogh (just to name a few), we find that some sort of divine mystery weighs heavily on their minds.

At the same time, we discover that such individuals are plauged with mental instability. Beethoven's eccentricity at times became outright mania. Mozart spent years in dark depressions, and was quick to hostility his entire life. Van Gogh led a highly self-destructive lifestyle.

So there seems to be some correlation between an inclination toward the divine, and the magnitude of one's mental unrest. I think you're right in saying that the mind requires some element of preparation before handling any kind of profundity. There needs to be a level of quiet in the mind, a degree of stability, alertness, and discipline.

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology