Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
why must most of the mass of people have even have these beliefs of higher powers and afterlife
    #3414932 - 11/27/04 03:46 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

im writing this all as it just comes to my head, so if it doesnt make sense, sorry.

the one(or should i say not-two)wisdom and understanding that puts everything else in order.
thats all, it doesnt matter why or how. be happy or be unpleasent...whatever comes your way, thats all.

in the depths of meditation i find peace and after i meditate i fill kingly, and peaceful throughout the day. i think peace of mind can be found in only one place(the only place that we can truly feel the fullness of experience). but in this one place there can be things that we would find unpleasent...peace/unpleasentless...cant have one without the other.

going with what you feel, and having right wisdom and understanding gets one through it.

both peace and unpleaentless are emotions that are conjured up by the ego.

if the ego doesnt exist then why do we have them. perhaps its just part of evolution survival. maybe, which the point is it to pass on he best adapted DNA.

you know...when it comes down to it, nobody knows anything about the afterlife, at all.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinevessel
other

Re: why must most of the mass of people have even have these beliefs of higher powers and afterlife [Re: CleverName]
    #3415305 - 11/27/04 10:35 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

It's human nature. You've never believed in anything you haven't personally experienced? I've never been to the North Pole, never even met anyone that has been to the North Pole, but I believe it's there.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: why must most of the mass of people have even have these beliefs of higher powers and afterlife [Re: CleverName]
    #3415336 - 11/27/04 10:58 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

meme's? :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: why must most of the mass of people have even have these beliefs of higher powers and afterlife [Re: Gomp]
    #3415415 - 11/27/04 11:58 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

this thread didnt make that much sense to me, it wasnt as clear as I was hoping itd be.

Why do I believe in afterlife? Because I don't believe in complete death. The concept seems human-created, and makes little sense. Nothing is linear, why would life be? If our consciousness ceases to exist, I can accept this..but the spirit will still spark a new life. If the consciousness continues, I can understand this as well, it will find a new host , or rejoin its Father.

Why do I believe in beings of higher powers? Because I have directly made (rather, THEY made) contact. I have been shown amazing things, and scriptures all over the world point to the existance of beings with intelligence consciousness that aren't human.

I know very little about them, of course...because I'm just a young human who hasnt been informed well (government bastards)......however, I do know they exist and interact with human affairs on SOME level.

OfflineEgoTripping
journeyman
    #3415475 - 11/27/04 12:34 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

CleverName said:
im writing this all as it just comes to my head, so if it doesnt make sense, sorry.

the one(or should i say not-two)wisdom and understanding that puts everything else in order. 
thats all, it doesnt matter why or how.  be happy or be unpleasent...whatever comes your way, thats all.

in the depths of meditation i find peace and after i meditate i fill kingly, and peaceful throughout the day.  i think peace of mind can be found in only one place(the only place that we can truly feel the fullness of experience). but in this one place there can be things that we would find unpleasent...peace/unpleasentless...cant have one without the other.

going with what you feel, and having right wisdom and understanding gets one through it.

both peace and unpleaentless are emotions that are conjured up by the ego.

if the ego doesnt exist then why do we have them.  perhaps its just part of evolution survival.  maybe, which the point is it to pass on he best adapted DNA.

you know...when it comes down to it, nobody knows anything about the afterlife, at all. 

Perhaps the Ego was placed here so we'd purposely forget where we came from...that way we must find our way back if we choose to.  Sometimes you extinguish all the lights in the room and use a small flashlight to help find your way around better.  I personally think The Ego is here for us to embrace but also realize it's transient state.  We should not become TOO attatched to it, this body, or anything Earthly for that matter.  We should experience it fully but realize it's ultimately empty compared to the fullness of the next life.

I think this information is veiled from us on purpose.  We spend all our lives "trying to find ourselves" and the "purpose of existance."  What if you found it tomorrow?  What if we all already had this info?  We'd sit around and do nothing with it because we never earned it, it would have been given to us.  In a way though, it has been given to us already, but it's up to us to study the material if we want to learn anything.  This life is, basically, one long Test.  We were given all the tools to pass it but most of us slack off and sleep during class. :wink: 

I mean, how would taking a test that you had all the answers to reinforce any information you learned?  All we are doing is re-learning what we already know but only if we CHOOSE to, which is to say, the ultimate purpose for existance.

Edited by EgoTripping (11/27/04 12:37 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology