Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerobbster
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, IL
Cake vs Casing Fruiting Chamber....
    #3414203 - 11/26/04 10:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

What are the differences in the two chambers?

I was plannin' on just using a PMP perilite, but i wanna cake some of the jars and i wanna case some of them.

--------------------
- Robb

"This is the trip, this is the best part."
-Jim Morrison

Bio:
:cig: :stash: :beer: :mushroom2: :doggystyle:

First Grow Log

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineaussieone
shroominator
 User Gallery

Loc: QLD, Australia
Re: Cake vs Casing Fruiting Chamber.... [Re: robbster]
    #3414260 - 11/26/04 10:23 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

DO you mean what are the differences between cakes and cases?

--------------------

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Cake vs Casing Fruiting Chamber.... [Re: aussieone]
    #3414339 - 11/26/04 10:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Umm...I think he means whats the dif. between the 2 i guess. In one you break up the mycelium and use it as a substarte for your casing and a cake is just striaght out of the jar...And you can have many dif. chambers, so if thats what ur asking (which i think u are) then what type of chambers are you questioning? Everyone has their own opinion so i'd use some caution on that subject and read a bit into what everyone says but hey gl and i hope you find what your looking for.

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: Cake vs Casing Fruiting Chamber.... [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3414375 - 11/26/04 10:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I think he means the conditions inside the Fruiting Chambers.
The only difference would be that casings dont require as much humidity as they contain moisture internally via the casing material.
So the RH for casings would be ideal @ 88-92%. Cakes are higher at 97-100. You could use the same setup but just fan the casings more or use more air xhchange.

Offlinecall_me_kido
Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: In your dreams
Re: Cake vs Casing Fruiting Chamber.... [Re: fresh313]
    #3415168 - 11/27/04 06:30 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I beleive hes asking whether he needs to construct different chambers for the two methods of growing and what the alterations would be for each.

Since I began casing grains the normal PmP did not work well for me. I constructed two of them using Geolite/2x60 gallon airpumps and 4 bubblewands each.

The problem with PmPs for casings is the amount of surface area they take up. A huge consideration for PmPs is the surface area of Geolite/lava rock to evaporate humidity into the air. If casings are covering the majority of this space your chamber will have low rH. Also the air exchange I was receiving was not sufficient for a high amount of casings.

Cakes are good for the PmP because the air can travel up and around the cakes introducing humidity and exchange.

I dont beleive anything but a martha type setup with humidifiers and proper venting is sufficient for quantity cased grains. I was having trouble even getting them to pin in my PmPs.

Kido

--------------------
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein (1875-1955)

"A is A" -Aristotle

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag