Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Plant ESP
    #3414341 - 11/27/04 12:38 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Just a forward..this guy will be on coast to coast am in a couple hours, Art interviewed him a couple months ago and I must say I found him and his research to be VERY interesting..here's a quick summation for anyone interested:

http://www.paranormal-investigation.com/research/plant_ekg/plant_ekg.htm  Click for a flash video presentation

Biocommunication Research

Cleve Backster's pioneering work into the field of cellular communications has
opened a realm of research that has stunning scientific, philosophical, spiritual,
religious aspects and as a result blurs the lines between science and magic. Cleve Backter's work with plant, animal and human cells. His findings based on 20 years of research with solid evidence gathering and excellent techniques change the way we must view reality. His research has forever altered the way we must view subjects such as ESP, Animal and Plant behavior, and even how human being interact with reality. In fully reviewing this work one is left seeing the paranormal is indeed science that is not yet fully understood.

Examples of the Experiments

A brief example of Cleve's Backter's experiments: He found working with plants that a connected plant to a sensitive lie-detector / EEG type device, that the plant would react to it's environment in complex ways. He found plants would react when he dumped boiling water down a drain killing the bacteria in the drain. He also found a plant under observation would react to even an insect being chased or killed within it's environment. His research also showed that even his intention to do harm to the plant when sincere would cause a measurable response, the plant was able to sense his thoughts. The oddities in the findings went on to show a leaf once removed from the plant when stimulated would cause a response in the plant as if were connected, the results were not dependent upon distant. Plants would also "remember" and react to a person who had done harm to them, or who had done harm to other plants. What has been stated here is only a small example of his work.

Additional Research

Cleve Backster's work is fascinating on plants, but equally amazing with animal and human cells. Other results of his work with include finding that eggs communicate, that cell life passes out easily when threatened and does not reawaken for about 20 mins. That prayer seems to be the act of giving uncooked food such as a salad warning it is about to be eaten least it screams out in fear and passes out when the first person bites into part of the leaves.

Cleve Backster discovered when cleaning up the blood leakage from a long believed dead lump of hamburger that when bleach touched the blood the lump of meat screamed out as measured by the EEG in pain. Cleve Backster also found that in blood and sperm samples taken from a person responded exactly as if a EEg / Lie Detector device were physically connected to the person without regard to distance. Cleve Backster was once able to solve a case in his position in the FBI by connecting a lie detector to a plant and showing a suspect a map. By carefully studying the electrical signals coming from the plant near the suspect and narrowing the field of the map, he was able to finally determine the
exact location of a murdered child.

Summary of Research

Clearly Cleve Backster's Research changes the way we must view the interconnectedness of all things, brings validation to the solid science of ESP, and ways we as humans gather information from our surroundings. His work is revolutionary and opens a whole new dynamic in the sciences that demands far greater investigation. We encourage you to visit Cleve Backster's website on the link below and even to possibly consider being part of continuing these experiments yourself if the information here has peaked your interest.

CLEVE BACKSTER - KEY FIGURE IN BIOCOMMUNICATIONS
Cleve is an international speaker and pioneer in the subject of Biocommunication and has been a professional observer of human psychophysiology since 1948. Cleve has conducted extensive research related to observed electrical responses in plant life and at a cellular level in other living organisms. His research into what has been called ?The Backster Effect? has attracted worldwide attention. Visit PrimaryPerception.com for more information about Cleve Backster

Coast to Coast link:  http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2004/11/26.html

Listen to the show online: http://www.mojoradio.com/home/index.cfm

Should be good..  :thumbup:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibletrendalM
King of Asides
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Plant ESP [Re: ekomstop]
    #3415272 - 11/27/04 10:13 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Well I can't really say I agree with calling this type of phenominon "ESP". Extra sensory perception? Extra to what, exactly?

ESP is used to define human "sensory" input which does not fall into the 5 well-known senses. How can you use a term like ESP for plants, which have an ENTIERLY different set of sensory apparatus? This could be based on normal plant senses. It is well known that plants can detect certain chemicals in the air at VERY low levels (many species use chemicals to communicate with eachother).

--------------------
BTC - 1KqrSHZ1C3NsQP4g3PkHhppBnhdgyXr6sB

InvisibletrendalM
King of Asides
Male User Gallery

Re: Plant ESP [Re: trendal]
    #3415276 - 11/27/04 10:14 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Also, pouring boiling water down a drain to kill bacteria and then measuring the response of a plant on a lie-detector machine (WTF?) is not the most scientific way of performing an experiment. There are far too many uncontrolled variables to make any good conclusions, or even assumptions, about the results.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #3415288 - 11/27/04 10:23 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
There are far too many uncontrolled variables

Like what?  :grin:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibletrendalM
King of Asides
Male User Gallery

Re: Plant ESP [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3415294 - 11/27/04 10:29 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Was there any bacteria in the drain? If so, what strains?

Could the plant responses have been produced by other nearby sources? (it doesn't sound like a very controlled environment, so how do we know WHAT the plant is repsonding to?)

Most importantly (to me): how does the lie-detector machine detect plant "responses"?

You know if you hook an EEG up to a bowl of lime Jello, you get a pattern similar to an adult male brain :smirk:

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #3415324 - 11/27/04 10:49 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I agree, it would be hard to tell what the plants would be responding to, or if the signals being received were actually "responses" at all.

I don't know anything about these machines. I would guess that it monitors electrical waves or something, but that is merely an uneducated guess.

I'm tired, I might take a nap. :grin:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinebmarley3434
wildwalker
Male User Gallery

Loc: nj
Re: Plant ESP [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3415626 - 11/27/04 01:36 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

you all should read a book called the secret life of plants written by tompkins and bird.. its all about the history of science communicating with plants( bad description) .. Look Inside... http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0060915870/ref=sib_dp_pt/103-8803952-7972619#reader-link

--------------------
www.returntonature.us - wild foods blog

OM

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

#3415796 - 11/27/04 02:27 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
Also, pouring boiling water down a drain to kill bacteria and then measuring the response of a plant on a lie-detector machine (WTF?) is not the most scientific way of performing an experiment. There are far too many uncontrolled variables to make any good conclusions, or even assumptions, about the results.

Well if you're really that curious why don't you pick up his book (definitely not the only one on the subject) and conduct your own little investivation?

What qualifies as a 'scientific' way of going about an experiment other than recording observations in a controlled environment (which is exactly what he has done/is doing) anyway?

InvisibletrendalM
King of Asides
Male User Gallery

Re: Plant ESP [Re: ekomstop]
    #3415926 - 11/27/04 03:21 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

What qualifies as a 'scientific' way of going about an experiment other than recording observations in a controlled environment

Pouring boiling water down a dirty drain and observing plant response is not a "controlled environment". At least not by my standards. How can he even be sure there was any bacteria IN the drain?

--------------------

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

#3415970 - 11/27/04 03:39 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
What qualifies as a 'scientific' way of going about an experiment other than recording observations in a controlled environment

Pouring boiling water down a dirty drain and observing plant response is not a "controlled environment". At least not by my standards. How can he even be sure there was any bacteria IN the drain?

Well of course by basing your presumptions on this one very basic summation, you're not going to get very close to the full scope of specifics/procedures which have led to these conclusions.

Here are a few links off his website which might help you get a better idea of where exactly he is coming from with alot of this stuff

http://www.primaryperception.com/page4.html

http://www.primaryperception.com/instincts.html

http://www.primaryperception.com/reviews.html

InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

Re: Plant ESP [Re: bmarley3434]
    #3415985 - 11/27/04 03:43 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

The Secret Life of Plants is a great read!!!

Highly recommended  :stoned:

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

OfflineEgoTripping
journeyman
Re: Plant ESP [Re: DazedSol]
    #3416127 - 11/27/04 04:34 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Skeptics are the cutest things!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology