Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineoldshroomer
I'm a Post Whore
Loc: CANADA
Questionable Reliability.
    #3413742 - 11/26/04 10:19 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

:mushroom2:   For quite some time now a fine friend of mine have been investigating the reliability of the company we will call ralfsters. We received over 25 syringes in frequent orders over the course of 12-16 months and cultured from each syringe and made many different colonies. Which strains they were I will not disclose. However some did not fruit and definitely were not viable under any circumstances. I thought this could be due to a technique failure. So I thought I would let a colleague of mine take a crack at it, we compiled several hundred pounds of spawn from several different strains and we could not produce fruit. Further more we ordered a second round of identical syringes from another location which will call Hocus Crap. They also had the same out come and the reputation for crap, we never ordered there again. For quite some time we were under the impression that lack of production was due to our techniques. In the end the there was digital equipment bought with data feedback to graph the variables. Still there was no fruit produced. I can attest to the reliability of the equipment that was used and the information that was collected. I have never done this specific strain before, however I do understand the theory about the cycle probably better than most. So I was certain that it was neither my skills nor my colleagues. We ordered more syringes from ralfsters because we were assured they were reliable. Ordered new strains of spores. four new strains to be exact all at different times. One most note here that we were under the impression that we got 4 different strains. So one would think that there would be a variance in color, size, shape, texture, the appearance would have some sort of physical characteristic identification, and thus this is how we identify species. Unless the individual has access to Mass Spectrometry Gas chronographic equipment, they can only identify bye the eye with out such equipment.  Well the strains I got must have been a new sub series of strains that were analogues of each other. Or they were the same which sounds more logical to me. Even further more We were sent more syringes that were labeled with more unreliable research. But in the end we were sent about 20% viable syringes that would fruit however almost all the syringes would produce mycelium except 3 of the syringes which did not seem to have any visible spores under the microscope analysis. So Guess my question Is can body attest to the reliability of there spore supplier and were is their catalogue available.  Remember this is a lucrative market and one can not report to the authorities because there operation is in then jeopardy. So who is to stop these peoples from sending others counterfeit samples as we have demonstrated.

The Tao Of Molecula

I would also love to share with a certain culture of people a place for people explore speak at the forums.
www.lycaeum.org

--------------------
Christianity was from the beginning, essentially and fundamentally, life's nausea and disgust with life, merely concealed behind, masked by, dressed up as, faith in "another" or "better" life.

Americans Fuck's With The World Why?
I guess I'm such a whore they took all my posts away, this is like beuaracratic bull shit.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecandykid420
I'm not a newbie
Re: Questionable Reliability. [Re: oldshroomer]
    #3413796 - 11/26/04 10:34 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

If you are trying to say Ralphster's spores are no good (again, not sure if I read that right) then you don't know what you are doing

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: Questionable Reliability. [Re: candykid420]
    #3413822 - 11/26/04 10:40 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

ralph is good , u shouldnt ever diss it!

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #3413872 - 11/26/04 10:51 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Many strains of cubes do have similar qualities, but there are always subtle differences at the very least. Would you mind sharing what specific strains you tried?

As far as Ralph himself goes... his integrity to the hobby and this community is unquestionable. He is probably one of the most trustworthy people I've met in this community.

Shdwstr

Offlineoldshroomer
I'm a Post Whore
Re: Questionable Reliability. [Re: candykid420]
    #3413875 - 11/26/04 10:52 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

please tell me how many variances of strains that you have ordered from ralfster's that you have clearly identified and you can attest to the reliability of their origins. Or is it that you identified them by the picture on their site, or another spore sight that is under the same impression of the last. one must look at the true native origins of the species and verify that with other sources to be sure what they say they are selling you is what you really get. Also I have no concern of what you speak about my knowledge. this is not why i am here. the question again because you seem to not be able to read. actually let me re phrase my question. Can anybody attest to the reliability of a spore bank or professionally examined source.

--------------------
Christianity was from the beginning, essentially and fundamentally, life's nausea and disgust with life, merely concealed behind, masked by, dressed up as, faith in "another" or "better" life.

I guess I'm such a whore they took all my posts away, this is like beuaracratic bull shit.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3413928 - 11/26/04 11:05 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

How else is one to attest to something they have already "attested" to. Shd and liveby and candy kid All said that it was a good source and that it Is reliale. If you want a True Attestment you'd have to ask someone that works there or something of the sort. And it's not appreiacted when you attack someone like that when they are trying to help you. I can read, don't rephrase your question and please, Try again or read something else and cultivate again. There must be something wrong with your procedure. That or someone dislikes you and is messing with your Grow or spores. I'm unsure of what to tell you besides that I am Done with this Thread, Good luck in the future. Later.

Offlineoldshroomer
I'm a Post Whore
    #3413934 - 11/26/04 11:07 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

great link, however there is a huge void in available prints. and as far as what strain were used, I would not like to disclose that information but here is a couple clues. Z, braz, Bm, O, and of course the hocus cubensis.
Braz being the only reliable source.

--------------------

Offlineoldshroomer
I'm a Post Whore
    #3414011 - 11/26/04 11:25 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

well thanks for nothing guys or gals, but great cause for the spore drive. I support it. you will just have to determine for your self the true reliability of the spores. Molecula

--------------------

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

#3414017 - 11/26/04 11:26 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

oldshroomer said:
great link, however there is a huge void in available prints. and as far as what strain were used, I would not like to disclose that information but here is a couple clues. Z, braz, Bm, O, and of course the hocus cubensis.
Braz being the only reliable source.

Thanks for the link compliment... I think.
As far as the lack of strain choice... we are working on it, with the help of the entire community and the vendors.

In respect to Ralphters strains, I have direct knowledge, and can attest to, background info and source confimation on 4 listed strain and two new unreleased strains.
I see no reason to believe that Ralph (or any vendor/sponsor here) would even bother to falsify a strains originality with so many choices to carry in stock.

Edited by Shdwstr (11/26/04 11:34 PM)

Offlineoldshroomer
I'm a Post Whore
Re: Questionable Reliability. [Re: Shdwstr]
    #3414092 - 11/26/04 11:40 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Wow I give up All i want is a link to a new spore bank. i will decide for my self which species is legitimate thank you very much. and yes i was serious about the link. Great cause. However I think that greater caution should be taken when identifying species. or maybe it is the labelling technique cause we were sent the wrong syringes. and then we were sent some new strain I can't think of it off the top of my head. But it was not shipped from ralfsters but from another company. but it was ordered from ralfsters.

--------------------

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#3414099 - 11/26/04 11:41 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

I have done near to 40 of the 50 some odd cubensis strains that Ralphster offers and the pan cyan strain that he offers. I have never had a problem at all in my dealings with him, other than hoping he wasn't cutting me too good of a deal in some purchases of bulk syringes. This post needs to be deleted as the entire community can speak of Ralph's awesomeness.

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

Offlineoldshroomer
I'm a Post Whore
Re: Questionable Reliability. [Re: SoopaX]
    #3414138 - 11/26/04 11:50 PM (12 years, 9 days ago)

plus my dog is a crack head LOL

--------------------

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #3414259 - 11/27/04 12:23 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Ralphsters goods.... are just that.....GOOD. :thumbup:
If they were not.... he would not be a vendor here. :thumbup:
He is a well liked & long standing respected member of the community. :thumbup:
Why didnt you take any issue you have with him, UP WITH HIM in private, rather than in public HERE? :mad2:

No need to answer that question. :thumbdown:

--------------------

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

#3414271 - 11/27/04 12:25 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

SoopaX said:
... This post needs to be deleted ...

I disagree... The posts should remain.

Oldshroomers original post was obviously meant to trash Ralph, which means it was posted by and for one of 3 reasons in my opinion.

1. By a competitor trying to discredit Ralph and hopfully get someone to reccomend or post a link to their site whereupon they could post and advertize in this thread. (Probability = Flimsy and risky / Effectivness = 0%)

2. By someone with a grudge against Ralph, who just wants to get back at him for whatever reason. (Probability = Possible / Effectivnes 0%) Too many Ralph supporters here.

3. By (XXXXXX) I have to keep this one to myself but if for some unbelievable reason I am right, it was brilliant! (Probability = Who knows / Effectivnes ?%)

Regardless... Ralphs reputation is secure, and this thread is the proof. It should remain... but should be locked.

Shdwstr

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#3414451 - 11/27/04 01:10 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

oldshroomer said:
However some did not fruit and definitely were not viable under any circumstances.

The idea that one could replicate mycelia through "hundreds of pounds" of substrate and the natural variation in mycelia wouldn't produce any frutification enabled rhizomorphs is completely absurd.
Quote:

I thought this could be due to a technique failure. So I thought I would let a colleague of mine take a crack at it, we compiled several hundred pounds of spawn from several different strains and we could not produce fruit.

Several "hundred pounds" of spawn would spawn 5-10x their weight. Have you spawned TONS of substrate? If so, and you didn't get any fruit, then you fucked it up.
Quote:

Further more we ordered a second round of identical syringes from another location which will call Hocus Crap. They also had the same out come and the reputation for crap, we never ordered there again.

So two companies with great reputations sent you spores, they failed, and it's the companies fault? I'm starting to see another variable here.
Quote:

For quite some time we were under the impression that lack of production was due to our techniques. In the end the there was digital equipment bought with data feedback to graph the variables.

This is idiotic. What digital equipment with "data feedback" would you possibly need? It's fruiting a cubensis strain fer cryin' out loud, not removing a mid brain tumor!
Quote:

Still there was no fruit produced. I can attest to the reliability of the equipment that was used and the information that was collected.

Could you tell us what equipment was used and what information was collected?
Quote:

I have never done this specific strain before, however I do understand the theory about the cycle probably better than most.

Which "strain" are you talking about, you said you ordered 25 syringes.
Quote:

So I was certain that it was neither my skills nor my colleagues. We ordered more syringes from ralfsters because we were assured they were reliable. Ordered new strains of spores. four new strains to be exact all at different times. One most note here that we were under the impression that we got 4 different strains. So one would think that there would be a variance in color, size, shape, texture, the appearance would have some sort of physical characteristic identification, and thus this is how we identify species.

Species aren't strains and strains aren't species.
Quote:

Unless the individual has access to Mass Spectrometry Gas chronographic equipment, they can only identify bye the eye with out such equipment.

Using Mass Spectrometers and Gas Chromotography, how would you identify the differences in strains OR species? This is completely absurd as well.
Quote:

Well the strains I got must have been a new sub series of strains that were analogues of each other. Or they were the same which sounds more logical to me.

If you grew p cubensis strains that were all from Asia, you might not notice many differences.
Quote:

Even further more We were sent more syringes that were labeled with more unreliable research.

"labeled with more unreliable research" ? What do you mean to say here?
Quote:

But in the end we were sent about 20% viable syringes that would fruit however almost all the syringes would produce mycelium except 3 of the syringes which did not seem to have any visible spores under the microscope analysis.

This sounds so idiotic and moronic it's hard to conjure up an image of how bored I am to bother replying to it.
Quote:

So Guess my question Is can body attest to the reliability of there spore supplier and were is their catalogue available. Remember this is a lucrative market and one can not report to the authorities because there operation is in then jeopardy. So who is to stop these peoples from sending others counterfeit samples as we have demonstrated.

How would you report them to the authorities? I think that showing them your "hundreds of pounds" of spawn and your complex equpiment for growing illegal mushrooms might be less than a good idea. I have tried 43 strains from Ralph and EVERY jar colonized, EVERY tray fruited. If you don't like Ralph, try TLG (www.TLGexpress.com) or any of the other spore vendors.
Quote:

I would also love to share with a certain culture of people a place for people explore speak at the forums.
www.lycaeum.org

Is English your first language?

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

Invisiblenikomak
Stranger
    #3414486 - 11/27/04 01:21 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

i flunked the exams,couldnt get into the lycaeum
couldn't be bothered going back for summer school either

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Rotation

Loc: That Way
    #3414492 - 11/27/04 01:23 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

ok guys i pmed old shroom and his intentions were good he was pissed off for a reason. its cause he would order one strain and they would send him a different one. so he just wanted to find a different supplier.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3414557 - 11/27/04 01:38 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Damn, hit the wrong button, edit.

As far as Z strain goes... From what I've read its one of those creeper renamed strains.

Don't get me wrong here. Ralph is *great* and have had only wonderful experiences with him. Hes very kind and understanding as well.

But as far as spore strains go in general with most vendors, theres a lot of crap. Read the blue meanie thread in the sponser forum. STP renames a bunch of strains like Z and Kreeper and blue meanie. Sometimes these leak out into more legitimate vendors. However, many names sell well, and won't be going away. I'm sure ralph has a reliable direct source for his strains, and the prints are printed from the correct immediate source strain. As in, they're not just random prints named whatever flies. (based soley on faith). I once ordered the african strain from him. Quite honestly I could tell it was the real thing because it sucked. I've spoken to others who worked with it and, its the only strain originating from africa, and it has some problems. His site even says it needs some work.

But when and where many of these strains originated from is highly questionable in my mind.

Offlinelargosnook
2 glassesicewaddawiddice
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gettin' Lucky in Kentucky
Re: Questionable Reliability. [Re: Shdwstr]
    #3414571 - 11/27/04 01:40 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

I myself have ordered from ralphsters and can attest that the product I recieved was fine in every way. I have plans on ordering again from ralphsters and, after reading this post, im not deterred at all. My order will still go out tomorrow.

Plus, oldshroomer and his Tao of Poo can go elsewhere, Ive read the books, I've seen the people. There is nothing here for you, let them be. Please

--------------------
"I Love my Honey-Bunny!"

Edited by largosnook (11/27/04 01:50 AM)

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Re: Questionable Reliability. [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3414702 - 11/27/04 02:13 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Hey guys,

If you look at the FSRC strain list, you will notice a few strains like the "Z" & Creeper from STP, that some dealers now carry, and some strains, like Max's Coneheads that are now virtually defunct cause he was the only dealer with them, and dropped them. You'll find the newest vendors strains listed and even a few unreleased strains.
The strains I've listed are ones that are or were established as being a known or at least common named strain. Granted some may be just renames like STP's stuff, but because they are know by that name, I feel they should at least be listed.
I do know that some vendors carry the Z and Creeper, for example, to help combat the outrageous prices of those strains, that the uninformed were paying.
I hope to add info for each strain someday (basic stuff) and to posibly revive some rare or lost strains.
Some strain ARE notably different, some arent.
In my opinion it's the enjoyment of personal discovery with the greatest diversity available that really matters here.
It's a hobby... lets keep it that way  :cool:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Microscope

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation