Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
I can't believe Dubya got reelected
    #3412047 - 11/26/04 11:43 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

what's that all about?

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Re: I can't believe Dubya got reelected [Re: question_for_joo]
    #3412119 - 11/26/04 12:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Family values.

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3412136 - 11/26/04 12:03 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Combination of church and state. Bush made it out to Christians as if they were voting for the compassionate christian. He played on their emotions hardcore, basically.

Unfortunately, most of this country is very easily swayed by emotional turmoil as opposed to viewing things logically without emotional-blindness.

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Re: I can't believe Dubya got reelected [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3412144 - 11/26/04 12:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Bush makes me feel safe.

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Re: I can't believe Dubya got reelected [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3412148 - 11/26/04 12:05 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Bush makes me feel endangered.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: I can't believe Dubya got reelected [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3412207 - 11/26/04 12:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

superficial packaging
reality tv
externalization of responsibility
hatred of people who are different.
stuff like that underpins the godfearing hordes and the fake wallmart family value set.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#3412368 - 11/26/04 12:50 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It's very simple:

Bush supporters love their guy and hated the other guy.
Kerry supporters hate Bush.

What's wrong with this picture?

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Re: I can't believe Dubya got reelected [Re: zorbman]
    #3412398 - 11/26/04 01:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

#3412595 - 11/26/04 02:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The problem lies with the democrats

They're stuck identifying themselves as the Anti-Republican, first of all. That's idiotic. Stand up on your own.

Secondly, John Kerry's about the worst candidate they could have fielded. I mean.. seriously, the guy makes a statement, makes a contradictory statement a few months later, and then a few months after that he's almost back to his original position again, and a few months after THAT he's back to his second position. No one will vote for that (no one did at least, thankfully).

Whether you agree with a politician or not, it's important they make clear their positions so that we can see what they stand for and what they will try to do, and vote on that. Not on who they are or how charismatic they are, but on what they stand for and what they believe. GW stood for issues; John Kerry stood for John Kerry, he stood for not-GW.

Was a very poor move by the democrats, and they're making things worse. Check out some of the quotes floating around the news networks right now. My favorite so far, paraphrasing, "If you own a pickup truck and a gun, you're too stupid to vote."

Things like that are going to kill them. Unless they start making serious, serious changes to their party, and break rank with idiots such as whoever that was that said that (the name eludes me at the moment) and Michael Moore and other such snide, condescending know-it-alls, they will continue to fall out of favor. They're making no effort to reach out to the average person; they consider the average person to be a mindless buffon, and their definition of the average person is anybody who does not agree with everything they say.

You can see how they're not making many friends with that strategy. They do well in large cities, but by and by large people in large cities have a great deal of contempt for people from more rural areas anyway (and are not, I have found, any more intelligent or savvy, as they often claim to be).

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Re: I can't believe Dubya got reelected [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3412615 - 11/26/04 02:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Haha.. yeah, good call.

I didn't even bother voting.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
"Do you want the puppet on the left, or the puppet on the right?"

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #3412695 - 11/26/04 02:51 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

People are vulnerable morons, that is all.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #3413378 - 11/26/04 06:16 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Bush won by scaring the shit out of our country.

Some would link this fear to Bin Laden, but according to the document written by many from his administration before he was elected, they needed "a new pearl harbor" to really pull the changes they were looking for into effect.

Conveniently, they got their Pearl Harbor, which they exploited to bring fear to the masses. Fear sends people running home to their mommies, or on a larger scale, running to their leaders for shelter and protection and renewed confidence.

The moral values thing was a fucking joke.. Bush claims he gets his values from religion... Love thy neighbor, Bushey? nah let's blow 'em up instead.

Turn the other cheek? Nah, let's blow up THEIR cheeks instead.

Do not praise false idols? Nah let's praise MONEY instead of God.

Help those less fortunate? No let's sweep them under the rug and rape them of what little they have so it can be funnelled up to the richest people to make them even more rich.

Values my FUCKING ASS.

We deserve Arnold for president next time around. We're asking for it. I've lost faith.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Re: I can't believe Dubya got reelected [Re: Strumpling]
    #3413404 - 11/26/04 06:21 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Don't be sad Strumpling. A Bush Decade's gonna be so stupid we're gonna get Clinton/Dean in charge next presidency. It's gonna be the best, ever! You just wait.

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: I can't believe Dubya got reelected [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3413418 - 11/26/04 06:25 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Mushmonkey said:
The problem lies with the democrats

They're stuck identifying themselves as the Anti-Republican, first of all. That's idiotic. Stand up on your own.

Secondly, John Kerry's about the worst candidate they could have fielded. I mean.. seriously, the guy makes a statement, makes a contradictory statement a few months later, and then a few months after that he's almost back to his original position again, and a few months after THAT he's back to his second position. No one will vote for that (no one did at least, thankfully).

Whether you agree with a politician or not, it's important they make clear their positions so that we can see what they stand for and what they will try to do, and vote on that. Not on who they are or how charismatic they are, but on what they stand for and what they believe. GW stood for issues; John Kerry stood for John Kerry, he stood for not-GW.

Was a very poor move by the democrats, and they're making things worse. Check out some of the quotes floating around the news networks right now. My favorite so far, paraphrasing, "If you own a pickup truck and a gun, you're too stupid to vote."

Things like that are going to kill them. Unless they start making serious, serious changes to their party, and break rank with idiots such as whoever that was that said that (the name eludes me at the moment) and Michael Moore and other such snide, condescending know-it-alls, they will continue to fall out of favor. They're making no effort to reach out to the average person; they consider the average person to be a mindless buffon, and their definition of the average person is anybody who does not agree with everything they say.

You can see how they're not making many friends with that strategy. They do well in large cities, but by and by large people in large cities have a great deal of contempt for people from more rural areas anyway (and are not, I have found, any more intelligent or savvy, as they often claim to be).

Very true. It is ironic and even more self-destructive that Democrats blame Kerry's failure to get elected on "Jesusland" and Christians. To me it seems like a cheap way of discounting the fact that 51% of Americans, not just religious people, did not agree with their candidate. Venting their failure against religious people will only lose them more votes in the future.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

#3413431 - 11/26/04 06:29 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Strumpling said:
Bush won by scaring the shit out of our country.

Some would link this fear to Bin Laden, but according to the document written by many from his administration before he was elected, they needed "a new pearl harbor" to really pull the changes they were looking for into effect.

Conveniently, they got their Pearl Harbor, which they exploited to bring fear to the masses. Fear sends people running home to their mommies, or on a larger scale, running to their leaders for shelter and protection and renewed confidence.

The moral values thing was a fucking joke.. Bush claims he gets his values from religion... Love thy neighbor, Bushey? nah let's blow 'em up instead.

Turn the other cheek? Nah, let's blow up THEIR cheeks instead.

Do not praise false idols? Nah let's praise MONEY instead of God.

Help those less fortunate? No let's sweep them under the rug and rape them of what little they have so it can be funnelled up to the richest people to make them even more rich.

Values my FUCKING ASS.

We deserve Arnold for president next time around. We're asking for it. I've lost faith.

Democrats keep repeating this, but do you honestly know anybody that was like "Oh my God! I was going to vote for Kerry but Bin Laden's got a new tape! We'd better vote for Bush or we're all going to die!"? Well I don't. If anything Democrats were playing the fear card even heavier: John Ashcroft is comming to get you, 911 was a conspiracy to steal liberties, Bin Laden really wants you to vote for Bush, the environment will get destroyed, etc. This is pretty evident by most democrats voting against the straw man Bush, and not actually for Kerry.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: I can't believe Dubya got reelected [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3413462 - 11/26/04 06:39 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

No what I was saying was that he scared the shit out of the public way before the election dude....

As soon as 9/11 happened, they pulled the fear card and already had this election in the bag.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

#3413530 - 11/26/04 06:58 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I think you would have a better case saying people voted for Bush out of vengeance and aggression than fear.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #3413535 - 11/26/04 06:59 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

More of those sweet wholesome American moral values

--------------------

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3413623 - 11/26/04 07:28 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
Very true. It is ironic and even more self-destructive that Democrats blame Kerry's failure to get elected on "Jesusland" and Christians. To me it seems like a cheap way of discounting the fact that 51% of Americans, not just religious people, did not agree with their candidate. Venting their failure against religious people will only lose them more votes in the future.

Actually, statistically it WAS jesusland that won this election. Had the turn out been more similar to previous elections Bush would have lost.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3413643 - 11/26/04 07:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I believe it's about Politics, Activism, and Law. You might want to check out that forum.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder