Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
Okay, first off, I have yet to try any type of hallucinogenic substance before. Shrooms seem to have caught my attention because it appears they are safer than LSD. I'm planning on growing some in a few months, and I've got about a million questions to ask, so please bear with me...
1. I'm planning on growing Psilocybe Cubensis (Amazonian strain), what results might I expect as far as potency?
2. Is this physically or emotionally addictive?
3. I've read that coming down can cause headaches and an upset stomach; is there anything I can do to prevent this?
4. What can I expect to happen if I drink alcohol while tripping?
5. What can I do to make the most out of my trip?
Sorry, I know these are questions that have probably been discussed many times before. Heheh, I won't be pissed if I get flamed =)
-------------------- Why, oh, why didn't I take the BLUE pill?
Join the fight against marijuana prohibition; join NORML
Firstly shrooms aren't safer than LSD. In terms of physical toxicity you needn't worry about that with either substance. The risk of psychological trauma is about the same. There are noticeable differences in some ways, for example the LSD experience can last almost twice as long as mushrooms, but when it comes to your mental wellbeing, tripping is tripping.
1) Potency varies, mostly due to environmental factors, but the Dosage Calculator under the How To Dose section of this site will give you a rough guide to dosing for Cubes. Start with a relatively low dose and determine the potency of your own shrooms from there.
2) Physically shrooms are not addicitve. Psychological addiction is extremely unlikely. The pyschedelic experience is really too exhausting to repeat all that often, and besides tolerance to shrooms builds very rapidly, so you won't be able to take trips close together without massively diminishing the effects.
3) No it doesn't. You'll be fine.
4) Probably not alot, the trip will override most of the alcohol's effects, unless you drink ALOT, then you will just be sick and it won't be fun.
5) Be calm, comfortable, and pay attention.
You know, I think there are FAQs on this site that answer all your questions and yes, they have all been discussed on here numerous times before. Use the search function if you want to dig up any further information.
Oh well. It's late and I'm bored.
Peace, love & pointy things,
Edited by Fina on 06/15/01 10:24 AM.
-------------------- "On the last day of your life,
Don't forget to die." -- Silver Jews