Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleeric_the_red
I'm a teapot User Gallery

constantly running your hepa??
    #3412097 - 11/26/04 11:56 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ok, a guy in know that runs a mushroom farm says that you are supposed to run your flowhoods nonstop. when he installs a new filter, he turns on the unit and does not turn it off until he changes filters (which he has to do often because he runs the thing nonstop). he says this is what labs and other mushroom farms do, even if they only use the hoods once a week. i told him you don't have to do this and that i've never had any contamination issues by not doing it. he took on a very condescending attitude after that, saying i don't do things the "proper" way and that i will always have contamination issues (i haven't had any contam issues since i bought my hepa). :rolleyes:

this seems like a major waste to me; filters must be changed every 7(?) months or so and a lot of electricity is used to run the blowers. i'll not do it, even if that is what you are supposed to do, since i've not had problems.

does anybody know if it is proper procedure to run the flowhoods 24/7? i'm curious.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: constantly running your hepa?? [Re: eric_the_red]
    #3412121 - 11/26/04 12:01 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i run mine all the time. but you wouldnt have to if you turn your hepa on long enough to clear out the room before you work.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinerezzan1
Namumsawitch
 User Gallery

Re: constantly running your hepa?? [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3412199 - 11/26/04 12:17 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I run mine non stop also, one in THE room and then one in the kitchen with an ionozer. No real contam problems.

Offlineintrigue
MMMM hard trance
 User Gallery
Re: constantly running your hepa?? [Re: rezzan1]
    #3412289 - 11/26/04 12:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

does anybody know if it is proper procedure to run the flowhoods 24/7? i'm curious.

i don't think that's necessary. the only reason would be to keep contams from falling onto the filter. but i would imagine if u would turn it in a little bit before u are going to use it you would be fine.

but i would wait until someone that has one gives u an answer i don't have the money nor the space for one

oh yay as for hepa filters like the ones u buy for your house they are made to run 24/7 or at least everyone ive every had was

Edited by intrigue (11/26/04 12:36 PM)

Invisibleeric_the_red
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: constantly running your hepa?? [Re: rezzan1]
    #3412460 - 11/26/04 01:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i don't know if we are thinking about the same thing here. i do understand why people run the filter full time when it's part of a central air system or the purpose is to keep a whole room/rooms as clean as possible.

i was asking soley about the laminar flowhoods that we use to maintain a small microbe-free area in front of the filter to do agar work, etc. in. to make certain everyone knows what i'm talking about, i included a pic.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: constantly running your hepa?? [Re: eric_the_red]
    #3412485 - 11/26/04 01:34 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yeah that bitch dont seem like it needs to be on 24/7. you can just turn it on like 15 minutes before you start to work.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: constantly running your hepa?? [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3413132 - 11/26/04 05:09 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah people just were misunderstanding..I run 2 HEPA filters in my house non stop (outside of both fruiting closets) but if I had a flowhood it would only be on while I was working in it..otherwise it would be a waste..unless his flowhood is near his fruiting chamber and hes running it for purposes of cleaning the air in the room as well..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies