Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Utter contempt for humanity
    #3388334 - 11/20/04 08:38 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Red Cross Condemns 'Contempt for Humanity' in Iraq

By PA Reporter

The International Committee of the Red Cross has strongly condemned the ?utter contempt for humanity? it says has been shown by all sides in the war in Iraq.

The ICRC has released an unusually strong statement from its headquarters in Iraq saying the conflict was having a devastating impact on the people in Iraq.

It urged all warring parties to comply with international humanitarian law and let aid workers carry out their duties, the BBC has reported.

The ICRC said its statement came in the week that hostage-takers apparently killed aid worker Margaret Hassan and US troops allegedly shot dead an injured fighter.

?As hostilities continue in Fallujah and elsewhere, every day seems to bring news of yet another act of utter contempt for the most basic tenet of humanity,? said Pierre Kraehenbuhl, the ICRC?s director of operations.

?Like any other armed conflict, this one is subject to limits, and they must be respected at all times.?

Mr Kraehenbuhl said that complying with international humanitarian law was ?an obligation, not an option?, for all parties.

He told all sides it was absolutely prohibited to kill anyone not actively taking part in the hostilities; to torture or subject them to inhuman, humiliating and degrading treatment; and to take hostages.

All parties in the conflict must provide adequate medical care for the injured, whether friend or foe, and must do everything possible to help civilians with food, water and health care, he added.

?If these rules or any other applicable rules of international humanitarian law are violated, the persons responsible must be held accountable for their actions,? he said.

The ICRC appealed for ?everything possible to be done? to allow aid agencies to help the thousands of Iraqis who are suffering.

?Regrettably, recent events have again shown just how difficult it has become for neutral, independent and impartial humanitarian organisations to assist and protect the victims of the conflict in Iraq,? he said.

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3782030

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineendokrin
Stranger

Loc: SouthEast
Re: Utter contempt for humanity [Re: Xlea321]
    #3406323 - 11/24/04 10:23 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:

?If these rules or any other applicable rules of international humanitarian law are violated, the persons responsible must be held accountable for their actions,? he said.

...unless, of course, the persons (country) responsible happens to be the U.S., in which case they are exempt from this law and may continue to terrorize the entire world.

--------------------
"If King Kong sells drugs, we'll put him in jail"

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#3407632 - 11/25/04 09:42 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:

The International Committee of the Red Cross has strongly condemned the ?utter contempt for humanity? it says has been shown by all sides in the war in Iraq.

I'm assuming that you agree with this article since you brought it to light in here. So why haven't you posted in accordance with this article and showed the "utter contempt for humanity" that the terrorists/insurgents have? the Iraqis? The other nations? Not as fun as bashing the US?

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

Re: Utter contempt for humanity [Re: endokrin]
    #3407686 - 11/25/04 10:22 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

endokrin said:
Quote:

Alex123 said:

...unless, of course, the persons (country) responsible happens to be the U.S., in which case they are exempt from this law and may continue to terrorize the entire world.

...unless, of course, the persons (country) responsible happens to be Saddam Hussein and his regime, in which case they are exempt from this law and may continue to terrorize the entire world.

Edited by Great_Satan (11/25/04 10:22 AM)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Utter contempt for humanity [Re: SoopaX]
    #3407767 - 11/25/04 11:00 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

So why haven't you posted in accordance with this article and showed the "utter contempt for humanity" that the terrorists/insurgents have? the Iraqis? The other nations? Not as fun as bashing the US?

I didn't post anything "in accordance with this article" bashing the US either so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Utter contempt for humanity [Re: Great_Satan]
    #3407772 - 11/25/04 11:01 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Saddam Hussein and his regime, in which case they are exempt from this law and may continue to terrorize the entire world.

The entire world? He's Saddam not Dr Evil.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #3411576 - 11/26/04 09:10 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The entire world? He's Saddam not Dr Evil.

:rotfl:

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#3412452 - 11/26/04 01:23 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If I was to search for articles from you that talked pertained to the "utter contempt...", would I find any about the utter contempt that that Iraqi's and the insurgents have?

Or would they be about how bad the US is for being over there?

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Utter contempt for humanity [Re: SoopaX]
    #3412492 - 11/26/04 01:36 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If I was to search for articles from you that talked pertained to the "utter contempt...", would I find any about the utter contempt that that Iraqi's and the insurgents have?

I think this is the only article that I've posted with the phrase "utter contempt". It's not a phrase I came up with. But you are aware that the article is talking about BOTH the US and the insurgents arn't you?

Or would they be about how bad the US is for being over there?

My inclination when someone launches a war of aggression is to look at the aggressor first. It's like saying "But the jews did some terrible things to the guards at Sobibor". Yes they did, but I still feel the germans have to bear the larger burden of guilt for starting it. If the US hadn't invaded Iraq would the insurgents be doing what they are doing now?

Do you feel the US should bear any blame for launching the war?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale