Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDr_BlueThumb
Stranger
PF Jars , Tyvek VS. Dry Verm
    #3410932 - 11/26/04 01:35 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

What are the pros and cons to using tyvek with jar lid and ring as to a dry verm layer?

Thoughts comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: PF Jars , Tyvek VS. Dry Verm [Re: Dr_BlueThumb]
    #3411318 - 11/26/04 05:11 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Main benefit of tyvek is that you can shake your jars before and after you innoc which allows for a better microenviornment for your spores which makes them colonize faster. Also, alot cleaner.

No benefit for dry verm layer IMO. Works but is messier, slower, more likely to contam. maybe its little easier though

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Offlinecall_me_kido
Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: In your dreams
Re: PF Jars , Tyvek VS. Dry Verm [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #3411356 - 11/26/04 06:15 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It depends if you are using PF tek or grains. If you are using PF (which you are) then tyvek would be in addition to a dry verm layer, which is the standard. I would use both, but then again I wouldnt use the PF tek.

If you are talking about grains then tyvek alone would be advisable. You would not put dry verm in a grain jar, which would be shaken anyway.

Kido

--------------------
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein (1875-1955)

"A is A" -Aristotle

InvisibleCitric
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: PF Jars , Tyvek VS. Dry Verm [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #3411379 - 11/26/04 06:35 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DirtMcgirt said:
Main benefit of tyvek is that you can shake your jars before and after you innoc which allows for a better microenviornment for your spores which makes them colonize faster. Also, alot cleaner.

No benefit for dry verm layer IMO. Works but is messier, slower, more likely to contam. maybe its little easier though

Shaking a pf jar is bad, this will compact the substrate, and prolong growth.

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek ** Update 10.17.17 **
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags