Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinelePage
Strangler
Loc: toronto
i didnt know i was supposed to cover the mycelium jars...
    #3411099 - 11/26/04 02:38 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i inoculated my 1/2 pint jars a little more than a week ago and recently i noticed a lot of new growth and it was spreading, but when i looked at them today the mycelium was starting to dissolve from the inside out. the jars were getting light for about 13 hours a day.

ive covered them now, will it still grow?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDistortedEyes
hello
Male

Loc: uk
Re: i didnt know i was supposed to cover the mycelium jars... [Re: lePage]
    #3411254 - 11/26/04 03:47 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

did you read any guide or anything on how to do it?
did you put the jars in a pressure cooker to kill all the germs and bacteria? I guess not since you never covered your jars and you have to cover them before they get put into the pressure cooker.

the growth could be contamination,what colour is the growth? , i think the jars will most likly be contaminated , can you post some pictures?

--------------------
Sometimes when I read threads visions of men sword fighting with their genitalia run through my head. - sadspacemonkey

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3411259 - 11/26/04 03:49 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

its screwed, throw it out, try again, gl next time.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinecall_me_kido
Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: In your dreams
Re: i didnt know i was supposed to cover the mycelium jars... [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3411362 - 11/26/04 06:19 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I agree what youve done isnt the brightest thing. I dont however think you need to just toss them. Assuming they were PCd correctly your mycelium should be the only thing germinating there. Get them into a TiT and monitor growth, at the same time gather materials to start a new grow in case this one is botched.

Although Mycelium should be put in complete darkness, I dont forsee light exposure being an irreversible mistake. Give them a week to ten days in incubation and post us some pics.

Anything other then white mycelium is a contam and the jars should be disposed of. If mycelium continues colonization, it is a good sign that they will recoup accordingly.

Good luck,

Kido

--------------------
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein (1875-1955)

"A is A" -Aristotle

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: i didnt know i was supposed to cover the mycelium jars... [Re: call_me_kido]
    #3411958 - 11/26/04 11:13 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

this is what you need to do. read the teks about 10 times. you abviously dont understand the fully because not only have you left out the cover for the jars but you are giving them light while incubating.read read read untill you know everything by heart

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

InvisibleMrFriendly
none
Re: i didnt know i was supposed to cover the mycelium jars... [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3412011 - 11/26/04 11:30 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

lemon he never said he left off the covers of the jars. He said he was giving the jars light and he is now going to cover them.

He certainly shouldn't be giving them light, but judging as best as I can (from his ambiguity), he didn't take the covers off of the jars.

Kido, good response, most people around here like to jump all over newbs.

OfflineShroomsbrrr
Frequent visitor
 User Gallery
Re: i didnt know i was supposed to cover the mycelium jars... [Re: MrFriendly]
    #3412091 - 11/26/04 11:54 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Giving them light while they are colonizing isn't exactly a bad thing. Look into invitro tek. It says that you need to give the jars light from the beginning. I'm not sure if the light did the damage to the myc, I think it might just slow down colonization and induce pinning.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Re: i didnt know i was supposed to cover the mycelium jars... [Re: Shroomsbrrr]
    #3412167 - 11/26/04 12:08 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

hello myfriendly, good day to you. i was judging by the title of the post that he didnt cover his jars at all. also the fact that he said he covered them a week after inoculation. please dont follow me around my post and say im jumping on newbs now. i told him exactly what he needs to do. you can tell he doesnt understand the process fully so he needs to read, i read everything a bunch of times and everybody else will have to do the same to fully understand. and shroomsbrr you are right about invitro but the odds of this being what he is doing is rare cause he is a newb. and if this is what your doing im sorry.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Edited by lemon_lw (11/26/04 12:15 PM)

Offlineintrigue
MMMM hard trance
 User Gallery
    #3412219 - 11/26/04 12:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

haha lemon has a stalker.  :drama:

OfflinelePage
Strangler
Loc: toronto
Re: i didnt know i was supposed to cover the mycelium jars... [Re: intrigue]
    #3412459 - 11/26/04 01:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

oh man, growing shrooms is not for a weed grower or a stoner. i had the lids on, lol, i just didnt cover the jars from the light. i sterilized them in boiling water for more than 2 hrs... i followed the Simple Cubensis Growing Tek, and it didnt mention anything about keeping them out of light.

the "mycelium" looked like a thick white fuzz, and there were 2 blobs of fuzz in each jar, but the other day the fuzz started to dissolve from the inside of the blobs out. i just checked one now and theres basically just a white outline of the white blobs that used be there. blobs a pretty funny word. ill get pics by the end of this weekend.

i am gonna do another 2 or maybe 4 (ive got a little more than 4cc's left) jars this weekend and use a pressure a cooker this time round. this was just a test run anyways. has anyone else in shroomery history made this mistake?

if anyone could send me a resourceful link itd be appreciated.

thanks for all the feedback

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3412471 - 11/26/04 01:31 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

sometimes the mycelium can get crushed down and look like its dieing but it comes back. try not to handle the jars to much. welcome by the way the shroomery will help you on any questions you may have just try to explain exactly what you are talking about cause it can get very confusing. GL with your babies.

--------------------

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3412500 - 11/26/04 01:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

lol, lemon has a stalker. Ummm well read the teks, they'd help you a lot. I read this one on brf cakes, it's pretty good, but here's several links to help you with our vernacular speech around here and some things that might help. Gl.

Tells you how to build an incubator but mainly explains the environemt your jars need to be in and may explain a few vernacular terms
http://www.mycotopia.net/site/article.php?24.255

This is a site to a bunch of teks, and well they explain pretty much everything lol, Gl
http://www.mycotopia.net/site/article.php?2.255

Well I hope that helps and after you read some post back or hell Pm(private message) me and i'll see how I can help, Well Gl and hopefully your next attempt won't be made in vain, you usually get out what you put in....later

Offlinecall_me_kido
Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: In your dreams
Re: i didnt know i was supposed to cover the mycelium jars... [Re: MrFriendly]
    #3415181 - 11/27/04 06:43 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MrFriendly said:
lemon he never said he left off the covers of the jars. He said he was giving the jars light and he is now going to cover them.

He certainly shouldn't be giving them light, but judging as best as I can (from his ambiguity), he didn't take the covers off of the jars.

Kido, good response, most people around here like to jump all over newbs.

I was wondering if I was reading it wrong, glad I wasnt. I would hate to have him throw out his jars over a little light. No big deal.

Play safe

Kido

--------------------
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein (1875-1955)

"A is A" -Aristotle

Offlinekraj
Stranger
Re: i didnt know i was supposed to cover the mycelium jars... [Re: call_me_kido]
    #3415742 - 11/27/04 12:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I think you'll be alright, just cover em up.

Offlineticktock
Seeker
 User Gallery

Loc: Just ask the rabbit.
Re: i didnt know i was supposed to cover the mycelium jars... [Re: kraj]
    #3415911 - 11/27/04 01:13 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I was confused by this also. The PF tek says;

"After inoculation of the jars, tighten the lid bands and retape the needle holes. Place the jars in a safe place out of direct sunlight. Indirect light is all that is required."

The simple cubensis tek says nothing about light. Just temperature;

""Now the jars are incubated at about 75-85 degrees F for several weeks. If you have a room that is constantly kept in this general range, this is a good place to incubate your jars."

If darkness is really critical, someone should go back and update the teks. Otherwise we newbies are left, well, in the dark.

--------------------
Don't panic!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder