Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinezorak
Stranger
what's the best growkit/ growing method? easiest and best yield
    #3411149 - 11/26/04 03:00 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

hey whatsup everyone. i've never grown mushrooms or eaten them, but i want to and i've heard that it's really really easy to grow them. I know there are lots of ready made growkits that you can buy on the internet where all you have to do is add the spores, are those good? is it worth buying one of those or is it super easy to make your own? how would i get the best yield of shrooms?

p.s. - i know i probably could have found this info on the site, but i thought it would be way easier to ask which method is best and then just read up on that method and how to do it, rather than read through all the different faqs and grow guides here cuz there's a whole bunch of them and they're all really long. so i just want to know which is the easiest way with the best yield and then i'll read the faq on how to grow it that way.

thanks for any advice, im a noobie here

Edited by zorak (11/26/04 03:02 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehills
"Criminal"
 User Gallery
Loc: Earth
Re: what's the best growkit/ growing method? easiest and best yield [Re: zorak]
    #3411164 - 11/26/04 03:05 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

welcome to the shroomery!

check out the PF tek. im currently on my first grow using that tek and it's very simple to follow.  do not buy a growing kit:
1 - they are outrageously expensive
2 - grow kits are prepared with various ingredients.  it's very difficult to help out people with their growing problems when they're using a kit.  follow the PF tek , that way everyone will be familiar with how you are growing :smile: and you will get sound advice

do it urself man, its cheap! gl

--------------------
I am the key to the lock in your house
That keeps your toys in the basement
And if you get too far inside
You'll only see my reflection

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3411249 - 11/26/04 03:45 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

best grow kit=pftek, but if you absolutely have to be lazy about it get a mycobag.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinecall_me_kido
Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: In your dreams
Re: what's the best growkit/ growing method? easiest and best yield [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3411372 - 11/26/04 06:27 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"what's the best growkit/ growing method? easiest and best yield "

The entire question(s) are contradictions.

Easy = low yeilds (Pf tek)

Best Yeild = More difficult (grains) or bulk if youre crazy I guess.

Dont get a kit. My advice is put some love into your work. I skipped cakes and went straight to cased grains, from a PmP and then a humidified martha set up. I followed the teks to the letter. Do it within your means, but do it with pride. Theres no reason why someone cant use a grain tek successfully if done exactly as specified.

But if youre nervous about messing up, work your way up from the PF tek.

Kido

--------------------
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein (1875-1955)

"A is A" -Aristotle

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: what's the best growkit/ growing method? easiest and best yield [Re: call_me_kido]
    #3411405 - 11/26/04 07:17 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup: Right on.

I never did a cake in my life. I bought a AA PC, built a flowhood & started with WBS. For those of you who can, this is the way to go.

:tongue2:

--------------------

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: what's the best growkit/ growing method? easiest and best yield [Re: agar]
    #3411408 - 11/26/04 07:20 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Amazing looking setup Agar!

I'm kind of wondering how you're heating that filing cabinet for incubation?  I happen to have one of those cabinets just sitting around empty. :eek:

Anyway, grain/WBS is the way to go if you're confident, if not just stick with the PF-Tek for Simple Minds once or twice and you'll get the feel for cultivation.

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

Invisiblewoodzmun
listening tonature
Re: what's the best growkit/ growing method? easiest and best yield [Re: Silven]
    #3411415 - 11/26/04 07:32 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

PF tek can't go wrong if you have some patience.

Edited by woodzmun (11/30/04 09:09 AM)

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: what's the best growkit/ growing method? easiest and best yield [Re: Silven]
    #3411416 - 11/26/04 07:33 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Set a heating pad (w/adjustable thermostat) under the base of the cabinet. Mine was in a room that had a constant temp of 72F. I set the pad on a metal cookie sheet(on the floor - under the cabinet base)& adjusted the temp - to maintain 85F on the bottom drawer. The drawers above, were only a degree or 3 less than that (all of which works fine for WBS spawn jar incubation.

If you have the room, you might also try to find yourself a non-working upright freezer for a grow chamber. They can be adapted any way you want & locked. :wink:

Edited by agar (11/26/04 07:56 AM)

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: what's the best growkit/ growing method? easiest and best yield [Re: agar]
    #3411447 - 11/26/04 08:07 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yea I've been thinking about the freezer, and actually have one, but don't know about how worthwhile it would be to me since that would mean bulk growing, and if I were to do that I could use plastic and wrap up an entire room in my basement to have a small greenhouse type deal.

The cabinet though is great!  Looks like after tonight I'll have myself a third incubation chamber. :eek:

It's such an addicting hobby I can't go to Wal-Mart without buying new casing tubs or something. :lol:

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3411466 - 11/26/04 08:18 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yup.......you can do that to :tongue2:

--------------------

Offlinezorak
Stranger
Re: what's the best growkit/ growing method? easiest and best yield [Re: call_me_kido]
    #3417176 - 11/27/04 07:08 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ok i got a new question. assuming I'm a pro and it doesn't matter how easy it is, what is the best way to grow that is very cheap? I hope to spend under 50 dollars on everything i need including spores and supplies. is that possible? i may be able to spend up to 100 if i absolutely need to.

OfflineEuphoricDisaster
CultivationProdigy

Loc: Where the good times roll...
    #3417226 - 11/27/04 07:25 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I said the same thing when I started, and 1 month later I've invested over 300 dollars in the hobby. But you can go cheap, with a Poor Man's Pod Tek, and the PF Tek. Its very cheap.

--------------------

-------------------------------------------------
Prying open My "Third Eye"--Bill Hicks, Also Tool

Invisibleandjor
Stranger
Loc: Here
Re: what's the best growkit/ growing method? easiest and best yield [Re: EuphoricDisaster]
    #3417280 - 11/27/04 07:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'd start reading a lot and decide what you want out of this hobby and how much you are willing to invest in it, both in terms of money and time, then read read read.

Offlinemushrea
Stranger
Re: what's the best growkit/ growing method? easiest and best yield [Re: andjor]
    #3417326 - 11/27/04 07:52 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Cheap and easy method? Read, read, and read some more. It's cheap, and it's easy!

Offlinezorak
Stranger
Re: what's the best growkit/ growing method? easiest and best yield [Re: mushrea]
    #3417475 - 11/27/04 08:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ya, im gonna read but first i wanna know which method to read about. i already made up my mind on 50 bucks maybe 100 max. what could i do with that?

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
    #3417544 - 11/27/04 09:08 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

you wont do much with 50 or 100 if you need to buy spores, a pressure cooker, substrate, jars, sterile procedure supplies. It'll be pushing it but you might be able to pull it off.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

Offlinezorak
Stranger
Re: what's the best growkit/ growing method? easiest and best yield [Re: derx]
    #3417762 - 11/27/04 10:24 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ok i read up on the PF-tek, and it seems pretty damn easy, i could do that and i know i could afford everything i need EXCEPT for the pressure cooker. is there a way i could do this without a pressure cooker/canner?

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3417873 - 11/27/04 10:58 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

steam them.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
Re: what's the best growkit/ growing method? easiest and best yield [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3417885 - 11/27/04 11:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

have you looked into mycobags? You can do everything from them, even fruit. All you'll need to do is order a mycobag and a spore syringe.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

Offlinecall_me_kido
Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: In your dreams
Re: what's the best growkit/ growing method? easiest and best yield [Re: derx]
    #3418720 - 11/28/04 06:27 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Dude seriously, Im getting more and more irritated as Im reading this thread. You havent said anything wrong per-se, and neither have any of the regulars from here, but this is not a hobby you want to do half-assed.

Fifty to a hundred dollars? What are you going to do with that? Im telling you that you cant do it for under 50, and more then likely cant for under a 100. Ive spent over a hundred on different strains.

I dont think anyone should be filling this kids mind with delusions of this being easy or cheap.

All Ive seen so far is that he wants, Low cost and high yeilds.

Guess what??? Everyone does.

But successfull growers invest time, money, more time, more money, LOTS more time, some more money and THEN maybe still mess up, but eventually get it.

Just the fact that he said the teks are "Too long" and wants to know what method to study before starting to read.

How many of us here read and re-read every tek possible for 1-3 months before even picking up syringes? How many of us just hung around for months discussing methods and processes before even attempting a grow?

Dont encourage this kind of beginning.

Lets break this down real quick just for fun.

This is how much it would cost to run a ghetto, half assed, and low return operation and im gonna round down for this stuff.

Syringe...just one... = at least 10.00 (maybe prints for free but ill bet 5.00 he doesnt successfully print a jar successfully his first time.

Jars to grow them in = 5.00 (assuming you dont just shove tinfoil over some glasses or something equally ridiculous).

TiT = 20.00 minimum. Some may argue he doesnt need it. I dont agree. I guess you could make a heat bomb but guess what...that knocks off 5.00 for a tub. Still 15.00, and like I said I wouldnt grow without a TiT.

A temperature/humidity gauge = 30-40.00 for a good digital if youre smart. 5.00 If you want something that will give you a rough estimate of nothing close to accurate.

Guess what thats already over 50.00, unless you want trash equipment and sketchy procedure.

How about lysol spray? 5 bucks.

How about polyfill or tyvek and tinfoil.

How about hydrogen peroxide, distilled water.

Maybe a fruiting chamber??????

You see these?

Those pictures probably show over a 1000.00 worth of items, equipment, not to mention the time it to took to collect, research and construct each.

If your gonna try something like this, take it seriously.

Im not gonna fill your head about dillusions about it being cheap or easy. Maybe some kids here have done it for under a 100.00, maybe a couple for less then 50.00 with hand me down equipment or something, I dont know.

But I bet my returns are bigger, and I bet my procedure is more efficient. So make up your mind in what you want...do you want mushrooms, or headaches?

Kido

--------------------
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein (1875-1955)

"A is A" -Aristotle

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom