Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesos
overrated
 User Gallery

Loc: Puget Sound Vicinity
Vaporizers? are they worth it.
    #3409249 - 11/25/04 06:43 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Ok lately i have been hearing alot about Weed Vaporizers. They seem really affective at make the purest smoke(or whatever the fuck it would be called) but does it get you as high(i have never hit one). WHo here uses them?

--------------------
god made pot who do you trust, yeh i stole that off a lighter, so what, you wanna fight about it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMuShi_KiNg
---------|)
Re: Vaporizers? are they worth it. [Re: sos]
    #3409262 - 11/25/04 06:46 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yeah they work well :smile:
get one if you can afford it :smile:
they get you ultra high
good for when you throat sore
peace

Offlineblkhole
Comfortably Numb

Loc: Tinpan Alley
    #3409388 - 11/25/04 07:17 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

They're awesome, but they're the better when you haven't already smoked.  The only downside is that they take a while to heat up, then you have to wait a bit between each hit (minute or two) to get a good amount of smoke. 

My favorite part of using a vap. is when you blow the smoke out, it tastes like the bud smells! :nut:

--------------------
With our love, we could save the world, if they only knew...
-George Harrison R.I.P.

http://irevolution.org

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Vaporizers? are they worth it. [Re: MuShi_KiNg]
    #3409396 - 11/25/04 07:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlinesos
overrated
 User Gallery

Re: Vaporizers? are they worth it. [Re: dblaney]
    #3409400 - 11/25/04 07:21 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

so i have been looking at alot of vaporizers online. has anyone heard of or seen a portable one

--------------------
god made pot who do you trust, yeh i stole that off a lighter, so what, you wanna fight about it?

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #3409409 - 11/25/04 07:23 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

There's a battery powered one by Vapir.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
Re: Vaporizers? are they worth it. [Re: dblaney]
    #3409427 - 11/25/04 07:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

or if you got resin....

get a camping stove, a small empty bottle, two knives.... heat the knives up til ones red hot and the other is just hot, put some pot on the hot knife, then place the knife under the bottom of the bottle(which as had the underneith cut out) then press the red hot knife onto the hash and the pot explodes in smoke in to the botttle, which you then inhale.....

--------------------

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: Vaporizers? are they worth it. [Re: blkhole]
    #3409627 - 11/25/04 08:16 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

blkhole said:
They're awesome, but they're the better when you haven't already smoked.  The only downside is that they take a while to heat up, then you have to wait a bit between each hit (minute or two) to get a good amount of smoke. 

My favorite part of using a vap. is when you blow the smoke out, it tastes like the bud smells! :nut:

the idea of a vaporizer is not to have smoke. There will be a cloud of vapors, and when you see the cloud you should hit it. There should be no smelly smoke.

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3409636 - 11/25/04 08:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If you are a daily smoker I highly advise taking a 3-4 day break before you start vaporizing.

When I first got my vaporizer, I almost never used it, because I didn't think it worked as well as smoking.. this was while I was a 3-4x daily toker.

But after a 5 day break, it gets you flown.

It's important to note that because you are only vaporizing the THC, you don't get the CBNs... which means you get the speedy heady high feeling that makes you want to do things instead of that mixed with the couch potato "stoned as fuck" feeling you get from smoking.

However... after 5 days sober I find that the heady speedy high feeling is actually more pleasant.

It's mainly user-preference though... some people just "can't" go to vaporizing full time because it's not the same.

But change is good, and smoking is bad... so it's a good move overall.

Offlineblkhole
Comfortably Numb

Loc: Tinpan Alley
Re: Vaporizers? are they worth it. [Re: jux]
    #3409664 - 11/25/04 08:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

That's what I meant by smoke, the vapors.

--------------------
With our love, we could save the world, if they only knew...
-George Harrison R.I.P.

http://irevolution.org

Offlinesos
overrated
 User Gallery

Re: Vaporizers? are they worth it. [Re: blkhole]
    #3410398 - 11/25/04 10:59 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

WOW a vapir cordless vaporizer... 3 hundred dollars. Looks like iam getting a new bubbler!

--------------------

Offlinecinder2114
Day-Time Tripper
    #3429018 - 11/30/04 05:17 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Reged: 11/29/04
#3429008 - 11/30/04 05:14 PM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

I personally like using a vaporizer other than any smoking device. mainly because of the smell or lack there of. also the high is better, like mr cousteau said. the drained feeling is not present. also, i will just say... the highest i have ever been on weed was off of a vaporizer. i would say make the purchase if you havent already
good luck

Edited by cinder2114 (11/30/04 05:18 PM)

InvisibleThin White Duke
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Vaporizers? are they worth it. [Re: cinder2114]
    #3429226 - 11/30/04 06:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

How exactly do you use a vaporizer?

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

#3429276 - 11/30/04 06:14 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Vapor Brothers is $160

You could get a new bubbler, but were are talking about your health here...

Health > Bubbler

Though, some people do not like the high - I do.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Vaporizers? are they worth it. [Re: theocean06]
    #3429347 - 11/30/04 06:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Here's something nobody's mentioned-- they get you high on a lot less weed!  When I want to take a little vap hit before going somewhere, I put such a ridiculously small pinch in there, and it works great.  That vapo bros for $160 bucks is worth it, if only because you'll save that much money in weed in a couple of months (or weeks, depending on how much of a stoner you are :smile:

And just to reiterate the health benefits... fuck man, I don't know if weed causes cancer like cigarettes do (I heard that tobacco deposits radioactive material in your lungs while cannabis smoke doesn't have that certain chemical) but i DO know that you feel a hell of a lot better when you just smoke out of a vaporizer, your lungs will clear all that nasty ass resin out and you'll have more oxygen flowin around in your brain, in your body, its just better.  Look at the resin in your favorite piece.  HOw long did that take to accumulate?  How long have you been smoking?  And how nasty is that shit!

As for the high... I used to think it was a better high, now I'm not so sure.    That thing about the CBN's not getting vaporized, only THC, is that true? Can anyone verify?  I can vouch for the fact that they DO work and get you high though.  Common problem, new people using it don't do it right.  To make it work, LET IT HEAT UP... and blow out all your air, and take huge fatt fat rips, and hold them in for a long ass time.  Also, don't forget to break up the weed nice and fine, and to replace the bowls when they need replacin (sometimes we get too stoned to remember to do this :smile: )

VAPORIZERS KICK ASS, EVEYRONE SHOULD GET ONE!  I think they're the best thing to happen to cannabis since the bong.

--------------------

Offlinesyanesso
100% pupil

Loc: Evergreen State
Re: Vaporizers? are they worth it. [Re: Noviseer]
    #3429757 - 11/30/04 08:20 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i heard that you can drill out the metel part of a clear light bulb and sprinkle shake in there and you put the flame to the light bulb, and it heats up the weed, doesnt burn it (makeshift vaporizor?),and you suck up the smoke/vapor with a straw that you stick in the hole. so my brother walked in when i was tryin it and thought i was smoking meth :lol:, as far as it working or not, very white thin looking whisps were emitted...got me high though, but i felt like a tweaker so i never used it again!

--------------------
make sure it bruises blue

Offlinecinder2114
Day-Time Tripper
Re: Vaporizers? are they worth it. [Re: Thin White Duke]
    #3430358 - 11/30/04 10:34 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

it depends on what the design is. the vaporizer i have used a few times was shaped like an electric pencil sharpener. you turn the vap on and let the hot plate or cooking device heat up for a couple minutes. in this case the cooking device was a just a rod that kinda stuck out of the body. while it is heating up you suck the weed into what would be equivalent to a bowl piece. its basically a long tube with a horn shaped end that is wider for the weed to go in. after the vaporizer has heated up put the wider end up to the rod but dont let it touch the weed. the weed should burn cleaner and slower. it shouldnt feel like you are hitting too much until you take your mouth off and suck in again. i often find it aches a little bit when you suck deep in before blowing out. very little smoke is produced and what is produced is less dense than the smoke of a pipe or bong. the smoke is very light. the only way to understand is trying it. try it and enjoi. the high is different, more upbeat. i often find that the high i get from a vap seems to slow everything around you down but you stay at the same speed. thats just me. but try it and be safe has always. hope this helps
later

OfflineFunkstah
Funky HumanBeing
 User Gallery
Re: Vaporizers? are they worth it. [Re: cinder2114]
    #3436328 - 12/02/04 07:40 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Vaporizers are great! and the resin that ends up coating the sides after usage is some of the most potent hash.

make sure anything you put in is finely chopped up

--------------------
"Music is the best" -Frank Zappa

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
    #3436352 - 12/02/04 07:51 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'm glad you asked this question because I've been thinking about getting a vaporizer too. I've never smoked out of one either.

Now I'll probably end up getting one.

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Vaporizers? are they worth it. [Re: Silven]
    #3437025 - 12/02/04 11:24 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i want to get the volcano. our headshop has one. it's some crazy mad vaporizer. After tax it's $1000. it'd be cool to have such a mad vaporiser but i'd never spend that kind of money unless i won the lottery

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale