Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Dehydrator, Dessicant

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineencogneato
Stranger
dehydrator
    #3409410 - 11/25/04 09:23 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

how long and at whattemp should i put the fresh shrooms in the food dehydrator for? thanks :mushroom2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedmc_
 Arcade Champion: Madness

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: dehydrator [Re: encogneato]
    #3409423 - 11/25/04 09:26 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

try and keep the warm air off of them. Good constant air flow around room temp will do the trick, desicant to make them cracker dry is recommend after air dry.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: dehydrator [Re: encogneato]
    #3409458 - 11/25/04 09:35 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

The lowest temp setting it has. Then rotate the racks every 2 hours until they are cracker dry :thumbup:

And I can tell you that dry heat under 110 degs does not affect potencey at all. Despite what you may hear.

I would go so far as to say that 130 degs will not affect them but I would be inviting a war with my fellow shroomites.

The thing about using Desicant is this, One day a smart person asked themselves what would be the very best way to dry shrooms?

They came up with the Desicant TEK. Good idea but after that people swear it is THE ONLY WAY.

That is a bunch of crap. What you are doing will work fine. Just make sure it is set on the lowest setting

Desicants are the very finest way to dry shrooms. But my guess would be it is less than 2% better than my space heater and window screen set up I have.

I have used desicants and I see no difference in using my 110 degs space heater set up and nether do 20 of my best friends.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
Re: dehydrator [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3409464 - 11/25/04 09:36 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

AFOAF uses his food dehydrated on the lowest setting (95 F)

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: dehydrator [Re: derx]
    #3409485 - 11/25/04 09:41 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

My best guess at terminal temps that destroy Psylocybin is at least 170 degs.

How hot is the water people make shroom tea with? 180-200 degs easy.

Personaly the only time I ever killed my shrooms with heat was the time I put a tray full in the oven set at 200 degs to dry and my dog kicked the door shut and they got fried at something like 200 degs for a half an hour. Then we had to eat twice as many. But that only happened once. My early years growing :blush:

--------------------

Offlineacidblue
when soundbecomes colour
 User Gallery
Re: dehydrator [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3409504 - 11/25/04 09:44 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

Someone posted an interesting method for drying on another thread i read last night. It involved taking two furnace air filters, placing the mushrooms in between them, and strapping the bitch to a one of those big box fans. No heat, constant air flow, lots of air flow...sounds like a good idea!

heres the thread: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3317378/page/0/fpart/2/vc/1

Edited by acidblue (11/25/04 09:57 PM)

InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

Re: dehydrator [Re: acidblue]
    #3409542 - 11/25/04 09:54 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

that was me.

Mycelum or a bit of inner mushroom tissue can be stored in cold sterile water for a very long time.
A test tube slant can be covered in mineral oil and stored in the fridge.SSLEEEEP mushroom SLEEEP..invert to drain,transfer to new dish and incubate.
but if you just want to dry a bunch of stuff quick...
I saw this on Good Eats on the food network a while ago.
a cheap fast dehydrator.
Enjoy
--------------snip-------------
SCENE 12
The Kitchen
Most of the instructions that you see for drying herbs at home require that you spread out all your greenery on window screens or hang them up from racks made out of coat hangers, and, you like, leave them for a month in an empty room. So you need a lot of space, you need a lot of time, and you still end up with herbs covered in dust and little bitty dead bugs. Luckily, that is not going to happen to us. [Camera tilts slightly to look at air filters covering table with herbs laid out on them] They're air filters. You know, furnace filters, from the hardware store.
[Camera pans slightly to look at all the filters]
You see the logic, don't you? Wait, wait. [stacks herb-covered filters] And then ... [places one more empty filter on top] One more on top. See what I'm getting at? No. Okay.
We have here what would appear to be a plain, ordinary, innocent box fan. But it's more. Much more. [straps stacked filters to front of fan with bungee cords with hooks, sets the fan up in normal position and turns it on] Let this run, blowing nice, herbal air into the room of your choice for 12 hours. Then flip the pack around the other way, strap it back on, and go for another 12. In 24 hours total, this is what you'll have ...
... [shows dried herbs on the filters] perfectly dried herbs. So crisp that [snaps a leaf] they're like potato chips. Now as far as harvesting goes, just take these in your hand, over a flexible mat or a piece of paper, and rub. And just pick out the stems as you go. There. And as for storage, just go with a sealable tin. You want to keep these away from light. There. And repeat. You can either mix them up or keep them in separate tins. What to do with this? Well, a lot of things. But consider these options.
---------------snip---------------
taken from here...see link for pictures of the thing.
http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/Season7/Herbs/HerbalPreservation.htm

--------------------
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
NEWB NEWBIE NEWCOMER IGNORANT? QUESTIONS?
Click HERE HERE HERE HERE For detailed instructions with pictures on how to grow mushrooms. There is a lot of info on the Shroomery and this is what you need to know.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: dehydrator [Re: Peterthinks]
    #3409550 - 11/25/04 09:56 PM (12 years, 12 days ago)

For drying less than an OZ of shrooms. Nothing works better than the back of my Computer Monitor

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Dehydrator, Dessicant

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation