Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

One thing to be thankful for...
    #3408274 - 11/25/04 02:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

...That at the very least I'm not this fucking stupid. Excerpted from this article:

I want to take time on this Thanksgiving to thank God I live in a country where, despite so much rampant selfishness, the public schools still manage to produce young men and women ready to voluntarily risk their lives in places like Iraq and Afghanistan to spread the opportunity of freedom and to protect my own. And I want to thank them for doing this, even though on so many days in so many ways we really don't deserve them.
The rest of the article is only slightly less nauseating. Enjoy the holidays.

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: One thing to be thankful for... [Re: Ancalagon]
    #3408546 - 11/25/04 03:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Friedman is a giant douche, in my opinion... :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #3408561 - 11/25/04 03:34 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm thankful to God for the brave young men from all over the Ummah who are united in their struggle against the invaders in Iraq. I am thankful that they are willing to give their lives for the security of the Ummah. I am thankful to God that under such a scenario, cultural differences are being put aside for a Greater Good to expel the invaders.

--------------------

Edited by zahudulallah (11/25/04 03:44 PM)

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: One thing to be thankful for... [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3408571 - 11/25/04 03:38 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zahudulallah said:
I'm thankful to God for the brace young men from all over the Ummah who are united in their struggle against the invaders in Iraq. I am thankful that they are willing to give their lives for the security of the Ummah. I am thankful to God that under such a scenario, cultural differences are being put aside for a Greater Good to expel the invaders.

Im thankful no muslims i know think even remotely similar to the way you do. May god bless good muslims.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Re: One thing to be thankful for... [Re: d33p]
    #3408579 - 11/25/04 03:42 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Talk about double standard. You bless your boys overseas, and people call you patriotic. We bless our boys overseas, and people call us terrorists.  :rolleyes:

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3408587 - 11/25/04 03:46 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zahudulallah said:
Talk about double standard. You bless your boys overseas, and people call you patriotic. We bless our boys overseas, and people call us terrorists.  :rolleyes:

I call them terrorists if they target civilians.  If it's a military target, it's fair game.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

#3408608 - 11/25/04 03:51 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zahudulallah said:

Its that very thinking that scares. Your bias shines through as all muslims are "your boys." Also "my boys" in iraqi are not intentionaly killing innocent people, attacking soft targets, and trying to disrupt the process of elections from taking place.

Trust me zahid if America does not honor our pledge to set up a stable government, hold elections, and then get out i will be on your side. Until then "your boys" are fucking retarded morons. I care about a better future for all iraqi citizens, your boys don't.

--------------------

bang bang

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Re: One thing to be thankful for... [Re: silversoul7]
    #3408633 - 11/25/04 04:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Quote:

zahudulallah said:

I call them terrorists if they target civilians.  If it's a military target, it's fair game.

:thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

#3408652 - 11/25/04 04:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm sorry - but when a foreign super power; especially one that has abused Muslims already in the past, invades a sovereign Muslim country, bombs the entire population into oblivion so that there are less troop deaths - when oil is an unspoken motive, when there is obviously a collective aggression towards the culture (ie, Abu Ghraib, soldiers writing hateful slogans on bombs) - under these kind of conditions, people who take up arms against a blatantly arrogant and self serving occupier are not "stupid" but rather quite bold & heroic to take on such a super power. Might doesn't equal Right.

Face it; your country has transgressed Muslims and Iraqis long ago.

--------------------

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

#3408655 - 11/25/04 04:09 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zahudulallah said:
Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Quote:

zahudulallah said:

:thumbup:

So by your logic as long as any muslim is attacking any military target its justified. I just think that rational is bullshit and one that makes you and muslims like you look bad.

I still dont understand how you can oppose america setting up a stable government, holding elections, and getting out. I mean im saying i will be on your side if that is not what happens. Why can't these fucking insurgents just give it time to see if it works out. I mean if there had been no insurgency Iraqi could have been rebuilt far past pre-war conditions and a government could have been set up long ago. I still have no idea how you can possibly justify the actions of the insurgency at this point.

You wanted us to rebuild in Afghanistan, but now you don't want us to rebuild in iraqi. You make me crazy.

--------------------

bang bang

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

#3408663 - 11/25/04 04:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

When a country invades a country, kills its people - and you still have the nerve to say those who fight the invading soldiers are wrong; that to me is bullshit, and dangerous hubris at that.

--------------------

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

#3408677 - 11/25/04 04:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zahudulallah said:
When a country invades a country, kills its people - and you still have the nerve to say those who fight the invading soldiers are wrong; that to me is bullshit, and dangerous hubris at that.

Oh a blanket statement like that is just retarded. America and canada invaded france to expell hitler.

And America wants to get the fuck out of there. If the insurgents would just let us set up a stable government and hold elections we would leave. If that did not occur then an insurgency would be justified.

Please zahid honestly tell me what you think of the situation i detail below.

They fight us because they want us to leave. Them fighting us causes us to stay. I think the plan of the insurgency is retarded, what do you think?

--------------------

bang bang

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

#3408685 - 11/25/04 04:25 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

We recognize the government that the U.S. is trying to establish is just a puppet. It's no different than the government the Soviet Union tried to prop up when they invaded Afghaistan in 1991. The Soviet Union said they were trying to stabilize Afghanistan. They said they were liberating it. They said that the Mujahideen were nothing but terrorists who wanted to disrupt stability. See, under some Allawi (a known war criminal) government the U.S. is still exploiting Muslims. Do you think Halliburton would leave? Heck, do you think U.S. influence in the country's government would suddenly go away?

And to answer your question: Why doesn't the U.S. just get the goddamn message and pull out right now?

They won't, because they believe that Muslims cannot stage their own revolutions and evolutions. They believe they know what's best for Muslims. It's colonization without the sharp edges so no one really notices.

--------------------

Edited by zahudulallah (11/25/04 04:31 PM)

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

#3408700 - 11/25/04 04:32 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zahudulallah said:
We recognize the government that the U.S. is trying to establish is just a puppet. It's no different than the government the Soviet Union tried to prop up when they invaded Afghaistan in 1991. The Soviet Union said they were trying to stabilize Afghanistan. They said they were liberating it. They said that the Mujahideen were nothing but terrorists who wanted to disrupt stability. See, under some Allawi (a known war criminal) government the U.S. is still exploiting Muslims. Do you think Halliburton would leave? Heck, do you think U.S. influence in the country's government would suddenly go away?

And to answer your question: Why doesn't the U.S. just get the goddamn message and pull out right now?

They won't, because they believe that Muslims cannot stage their own revolutions and evolutions. They believe they know what's best for Muslims. It's colonization without the sharp edges so no one really notices.

Well i can reason you out of a stance you didn't reason youself into so whatever.

edit: also the insurgency is such a small percentage compared to the population the overwhelming message being received is "stay."

If a group that small can be representative of what the whole country wants then America is very obviously completely gay.

--------------------

bang bang

Edited by d33p (11/25/04 04:36 PM)

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
    #3408703 - 11/25/04 04:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Uh, that entire piece is dripping with sarcasm. Reading Comp 101.

Anonymous

#3408706 - 11/25/04 04:34 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i can't read the article. who's the author?

certainly does sound sarcastic, especially if the "friedman" one poster refered to is milton friedman.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: One thing to be thankful for... [Re: ]
    #3408720 - 11/25/04 04:38 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Actually it's Thomas L. Friedman.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

#3408728 - 11/25/04 04:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

:rolleyes:

We're just running in circles here. I believe Muslims have a right to defend themselves, you clearly do not. We're just barking semantics at each other now.

--------------------

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: One thing to be thankful for... [Re: ]
    #3408729 - 11/25/04 04:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

it's not milton friedman, it is thomas friedman. (although milton friendman is quite the douche as well, in my opinion :smile: )

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: One thing to be thankful for... [Re: silversoul7]
    #3408732 - 11/25/04 04:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

thanks. i wasn't expecting milton friedman to be writing in the new york times.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom