Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
acupuncture
    #3408254 - 11/25/04 03:56 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

my judo back is stell fucked up. it cramps up on the bus and cracks when i work out. Whenever i bend over alot , like bagging leaves or something, it runs the risk of freaking out on me.

I was doing chiropractice but i didnt like having my back and neck snapped all the time, and had to drive really far for it. my back started hurting just now.

Fuck.

So im thinking about acupuncture, and am going to get an appointment. Anyone know anything about how acupuncture is for traumatic injury/ skeletal structure things?

ive heard good things about it from some people.

And also, how could i know if i was getting a legitimate or 'good' acupunturist?

thanks

:sun: :crazy2: :sad: :mad2: :stoned: :mushroom2: :rocket:

why not?

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: acupuncture [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3413367 - 11/26/04 08:13 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

your telling me no one on this site has any acupuncture experience?

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #3415456 - 11/27/04 12:26 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know much about it, but what I have checked up on suggests it may help. It doesn't make any sense to me, but the data, while not enough to be conclusive yet, suggests it works in some cases.

Placebo-controlled tests for acupuncture are hard to design, so the jury is still out, but it's probably worth a try.  :shrug:

I hope you feel better.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Offlineencryptor
 User Gallery

Re: acupuncture [Re: Diploid]
    #3420976 - 11/28/04 10:52 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i did a report on "Alternative Healing Methods". it was on acupuncture, acupressure, reflexology, & theraputic massage. there are western docs and ph. d docs. go with the chinese people. they know what they're doing at a fraction of the cost. i interviewed patients and feel that acupuncture does work! infact they even use it on dogs and cats. i had it done on myself for Stress. i got poked all over and laid on a massage table with nature music in the background. i felt relieved and enjoyed the experience. i recieved an apple after it all! lol. what is really going on is you are releasing nerons that send signals to your head to solve what ever problems you have. they have maps on the body for acupuncture points. chk it out! it's mad cool stuff!

--------------------
My Trade  List:
new 12ml syringes
wide mouth quart jar filter discs
PSP Games:syringe::mushroom2:

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: acupuncture [Re: encryptor]
    #3421349 - 11/29/04 12:03 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I've never had acupuncture done, but I've had a good deal of acupressure treatments. God damn do you ever feel good after. Not only do you feel much more centered and energetic, but physical pain (like migraines!!!!!) will go right the hell away. I still can't believe it.

If you go for a session definitely let us know how it went. :smile:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

OfflineFlameBait9000
Stranger
    #3428305 - 11/30/04 05:10 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I had acupuncture on my tennis elbow and it helped. maybe it would have gone away anyway but i'll never know.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: acupuncture [Re: FlameBait9000]
    #3437974 - 12/02/04 04:34 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

the reason im so eager to go is ive heard some amazing stuff.

who was it... positronius, on this board, was talking about how after he smashed his skull skate boarding he couldnt close his mouth, then after one acupuncture treatment he could...

my uncle said he smacked his knee like 5 years ago on a car and it was all arthritic and stiff for the whole time, then one treatment and if felt fine.

My friend in judo got acupuncture on a broken arm and the bone healed absolutely perfectly, no bumb or crack at all.

--------------------

Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Loc: Florida
    #3449537 - 12/05/04 12:25 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I have had a couple accupuncture treatments. I think it really helped get my meridians back in flow. The reason I went was because of mental stress and physical malaise. Afterwards, I began to research the "why" in accupunture. Since then, I have learned chi-gung (energy manipulation) and have applied it on myself with great results. There are many parallels between chinese medicine, touch-therapy, energy work, etc. Check them all out and see what works for you.

BTW, my back, neck, knees, elbows, etc. all snap-crackle-pop, but I don't think it's neccessarily a bad thing. I used to have a lot of musculo-skeletal pain, and popping things back into place has been part of my "realignment". When you get your energetic body flowing, your physical body begins to heal itself. Part of that process includes a temporary flu-like malaise, followed by a reinvigoration.

My self-therapy has really led to much self-knoweledge, and is the well-spring for all my metaphysical-spiritual-physical ideas. Watching how animals move, observing nature, and simply being are things that I enjoy immensly, moreso now that I can literally "see" whats going on behind the scenes.

--------------------
"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: pH Test Strips

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being