Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Questions to ponder and answer if you feel inspired to
    #3405670 - 11/24/04 07:36 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

When you hear sounds in dreams, where does the sound come from and what are you hearing it with?

When the suns radiation hits your skin and causes skin cancer, how does radiation in the sun get to your skin and what words would you use to describe the process in great detail?

I saw a show where these guys hooked electromagnetic reading meters up to plants. They showwed the reading of the plant just chilling. Then, a Guy picked up a siscors and came at the plant with the intention of cutting it and the readings went bonkers.

What do you think caused the readings to drastically jump?

They also did an experiment with the same type of plants. They put them in two separate rooms, gave them the same exact growing conditions of sunlight and water and soil. One plant was left to do its thing. The other plant was talked to lovingly everyday and encourage to grow. After 6 weeks the plant that was talked to encouragingly was almost twice as big.

What do you think was the cause of that?

You can try that experiement at home BTW. I did and got the same results.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (11/24/04 07:53 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Questions to ponder and answer if you feel inspired to [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3406268 - 11/24/04 10:14 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"I saw a show where these guys hooked electromagnetic reading meters up to plants. They showwed the reading of the plant just chilling. Then, a Guy picked up a siscors and came at the plant with the intention of cutting it and the readings went bonkers."

Plants are concious....mind you won't catch one reading War and Peace, but they are as concious as they need to be. All living things possess awareness in greater or lesser amount according to it's need.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Re: Questions to ponder and answer if you feel inspired to [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3406506 - 11/24/04 10:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

What do you think was the cause of that?

Stress

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: Questions to ponder and answer if you feel inspired to [Re: falcon]
    #3407276 - 11/25/04 05:04 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i wanna see that...
and also understand electromagnetics.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

OfflineWhiteRussian
The Silence islouder then youthink
Loc: In your head :P
Re: Questions to ponder and answer if you feel inspired to [Re: BleaK]
    #3407530 - 11/25/04 08:54 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Plants have emotions just like people? or vice versa? :0

but were do emotions come from???

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3407535 - 11/25/04 08:55 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I wish I had an electromagnetic signal reader, or whatchamacallit... having not performed or witnessed the experiment first hand, I don't feel experienced enough on the subject to respond to the question.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #3407663 - 11/25/04 10:07 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

As plants can sense where water is, sunlight, and grow and move in accordance with that, they are conscious beings. 

Is your question, are they able to sense the visual presence and in particular the aggressive threat to their life from the scissors, and respond to that in a way that a machine can sense?  Wow, you don't ask easy questions! :confused:

How close was the man?  Could he breathe on the plant?  Could he in any way have vibrations capable of being detected by the plant?  The plant could be responding to the man from a variety of physical stimuli, just as they know which end is up, where the water is, where the light is, when something touches them, etc. 

I would have to look at the experiment in progress and try to understand the measuring method and the measuring device to comment more about the experiment. 

Talking to them is an interesting experiment and I don't doubt for one minute that you just charmed the bejesus out of that plant and got it to double in size.  :smile:  Now, other people might make the plant grow less  :crazy:  you know the Bell curve. 

I absolutely will say that by stroking the plant and moving it while you are talking to it, or even just the motion of your breath will make it grow.  Plus don't forget you radiate some heat which the plant probably likes.  Plants as do people grow stronger and bigger with exercise.  Put a fan on a plant, move it around, it will grow faster as the stem gets stronger which can support the faster growth of the leaves, which makes for more photosynthesis.  Plus, the air motion makes it photosynthesize better so if you breathe on it even lightly the plant will be happy.  Another factor is the CO2 that you are exhaling is just what the plant needs to photosynthesize and grow bigger.  :laugh:  But, if you put an air barrier between you and the plant that would still allow the plant to hear and see you, yet keep the air dead calm in one room with the same plant in another dead calm room with the same amount of light and water, then what do you think would be the result?

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Questions to ponder and answer if you feel inspired to [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #3407815 - 11/25/04 11:17 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

""When you hear sounds in dreams, where does the sound come from and what are you hearing it with? ""

the are there? need not come? :P
you hear it whit nothing?

""When the suns radiation hits your skin and causes skin cancer, how does radiation in the sun get to your skin and what words would you use to describe the process in great detail?""

like a dog chasing a cat, and if he get a hold of it, he gona bite of his own head?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: Questions to ponder and answer if you feel inspired to *DELETED* [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3407831 - 11/25/04 11:21 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Questions to ponder and answer if you feel inspired to [Re: poke smot!]
    #3407891 - 11/25/04 11:35 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

the readings from a plant before being injured could be a proximity capacitance effect from the approaching pruning gardener's movements, and charge changes in his body too.
the speculation that it is thinking does little harm, but it is really a lot of fuss over a simple thing.

is there a science section for posts involving DNA and CANCER and UV

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #3407946 - 11/25/04 11:48 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I would like to read about this experiment. I was reading the Secret Life of Plants, the original book about these phenomena, and the evidence seemed very anecdotal. For example:

"My friend, who has psychic abilities, was able to keep a leaf that had been plucked from its parent plant green for 3 months by using 'psychic energy waves.'" (paraphrase)

I stopped reading about 100 pages in because at one point the author admitted that the experimental results (the ones gettinjiggywithit described) were NOT reproducable by other researchers around the continent. I could see some of the experiments as being tricky to pull off, what with their dependencies on subjective things like willing the plants to die, but there were other experiments described in the book that didn't require sending "vibes" to the plant.

For example, get a group of people in room A. In room B, place two plants behind a wall so that nobody can see them. The only person who goes behind the wall is the guy who pulled out of the hat a little card that identifies him as the one to kill the plant. Now, all the participants go one at a time into room B for two minutes. The plant killer uses fire and his hands to totally demolish one of the plants. Because the plants are behind a wall, no humans know when the plant was killed, so they can't deduce who killed it.

Now, to find the killer, hook a lie detector up to the leaves of the surviving plant, and send the potential killers one by one near the plant. The surviving plant will go nuts when the killer comes near and will identify him by giving wild readings on the lie detector.

In the book they claimed success with this experiment, but admitted that other people could not reproduce the results. This is why this "amazing" research failed to revolutionize anything except the way a few hippies grew pot plants.

This is all very out of date research. Has the scientific community dropped the whole thing or have people continued researching this? Can anybody, namely gettinjiggywithit as she brought this up, point us towards some modern research that maybe produced some actual results?

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3408056 - 11/25/04 12:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have read that the cutting/burning experiment with plants also works at great distances, like hundreds of miles. This might suggest 1) that consciousness and the fabric of space-time in which everything is woven, are two sides of the same reality, and that 2) consciousness transcends space-time. In other words, consciousness is not like radio waves that emanate from our nervous system (in which travel time even at the speed of light would 'require' time to 'travel' spacially. The plant response was instantaneous to long-distance mental threat.

The unconscious mind is characterized by timelessness. Incidents that occured decades earlier are still experienced (in hypnosis and dreams) as occuring in the present.

Sounds in dream life are mental constructs, not sensory stimuli, as are all 'apparently' sensory stimuli in dreams. It's just the original model for Star Trek's Holodeck - interface with one's nervous system - one via neurally-related consciousness, the other via artificial intelligence. The 'dream ego' constructs images and stories from stored experiential data. Congenitally blind individuals cannot draw from a working visual cortex, for example, and dreams will not consist in images but in the other sensory modalities.

Short wave ultraviolet radiation seems to be responsible for skin cancers. I have had and obviously survived malignant melanoma. I have also developed actinic kerotosis, which is early squamous cell cancer. Now, I avoid Florida sunshine or use 30-48 spf sunscreen. The UV has also caused me a cataract, for which I have had a plastic intraoccular lens in my left eye for 10 years. I need distance glasses for driving, but I'll always have 20/20 reading vision in that eye. UV leaves the Sun about 93 million miles from Earth, takes about 9 minutes to hit us and mutate some of our DNA causing squamous or basal cell cancers or the dread melanoma. No...it's not X-rays or Gamma radiation, of course cosmic rays could also be responsible. They pass through the whole planet without being slowed up.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder