Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePaddomania
Stranger

Adding water to the cakes
    #3406977 - 11/25/04 01:31 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hi,

I just got my first flush of mushrooms from my cakes and I'm now waiting for the second one.
I am considering adding water to the cake in order to get a better
flush..anyway, I read this can improve yields considerably.
But what about the risks? Doesn't it greatly increase the risk of
contamination? What's the best way to do it?

Tell me what you think and - preferably - from your experiences.

Thanks in advance!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

Re: Adding water to the cakes [Re: Paddomania]
    #3406978 - 11/25/04 01:32 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Dunk n' roll them mothers.

--------------------

Offlinelesstutrey
All Weather Associate
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicagoland
Re: Adding water to the cakes [Re: Super_Blunt]
    #3407049 - 11/25/04 02:01 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

dunk over night in a 10:1 h2o2 solution and preferably cold shock (stick in fridg while they are dunked) then roll them in verm (preferably sterile)...

as for hydrating in the fruiting chamber... put a layer of verm on the top and add small amounts of water to this (a 10:1 h2o2 solution again)so that the verm is always moist. at the bottom put them in the lids and put a layer of verm there also. if there is any standing water, remove it with a syringe.

hope that answers your question

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: Adding water to the cakes [Re: lesstutrey]
    #3407062 - 11/25/04 02:06 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

that's all good above, except the cold shock part. don't cold shock after the initial flush, it'll just slow things down considering your second and third flush pins are created in the first flush.

dunk in the 10 parts water, one part h2o2 for 24 hours, roll in fresh verm and place in the fruiting chamber. double end casing will hydrate them more in the fruiting chamber, as mentioned above.

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

OfflinePaddomania
Stranger

Re: Adding water to the cakes [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3407073 - 11/25/04 02:14 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for your reply! I'm only wondering what the advantage of a cold shock is? Is it really necessary?

OfflineZeroArmy27

#3407078 - 11/25/04 02:17 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

before the first flush, a cold shock helps trigger pinning and can/will noticably increase flush sizes.

make sure to introduce your pinning triggers at the same time. read up on the pinning strategy sticky by hyphae at the top of the forum.

--------------------

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

OfflineZeroArmy27

#3407085 - 11/25/04 02:20 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/3290155/page/0

it's there. it's about casings, but the pinning strategy can still be seen and it's a good read. definately reccomended.

--------------------

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #3407158 - 11/25/04 03:12 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Cold dunking is different than cold shocking. The main reason for this would be to slow down any bacterial growth. I do it in between flushs and have no problem getting the next flush out without any delay in time.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineZeroArmy27

Re: Adding water to the cakes [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3407163 - 11/25/04 03:16 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ahh hawks, always have a good eye. thanks for catching me on that.

:smile: much appreciated.

spelling police though, you spelled flushes without the e.

--------------------

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#3407164 - 11/25/04 03:19 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

lol....uhh....can i blame that on the pot??

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#3407166 - 11/25/04 03:20 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Also there is a lot of debate on wether cold shocking really helps pin time. Its really a matter of opinion if you ask for my opnion. Cubensis being a tropical mushrooms by logic shouldn't need a cold shock to produce the maximum yield. Although when taking a plant and manipulating them indoors you can do all sorts of things to increase yield.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Edited by hawksapprentice (11/25/04 03:23 AM)

OfflinePaddomania
Stranger

#3407252 - 11/25/04 04:42 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Also there is a lot of debate on wether cold shocking really helps pin time.  Its really a matter of opinion if you ask for my opnion.  Cubensis being a tropical mushrooms by logic shouldn't need a cold shock to produce the maximum yield.  Although when taking a plant and manipulating them indoors you can do all sorts of things to increase yield. 

I'm growing cubensis mushrooms; so a cold shock is not  necessary :confused:

However, your other point about slowing down the growth of bacteria makes sense to me. Thanks for pointing that out!
BTW, you say that there is difference between cold dunking and a cold shock. I want to give it a cold shock by adding water to the cake and by putting it for at least 12 hours in the fridge. But I guess, that's cold dunking, isn't it? How do you give it a cold "shock"?

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#3407287 - 11/25/04 05:17 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry, i may have been a little misleading when i said that they were two different things. Essentially they are the same process but for different results. Personally i dont put them in the fridge for the sake of giving them a shock, i do it to slow down any type of bacterial growth that may occur. Also i have a mini-fridge dedicated to this, cuts down on the contaminants that will be in there with your babies.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order