Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinellamaherder
brother

2004 Hunting Season
    #3404618 - 11/24/04 03:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

OKAY, before i finish this post, can we please try to avoid turning this thread into a hunters vs hippies debate

I'm excited, tomorrow evening after i load up myself with turkey and stuffing, pie and ham, I'm gettin in my truck and heading out to the mountains (garrett county md) for some good ol' one-on-one with mother nature.
I'll be arriving at the turkey roost (the name of our cabin) some time tomorrow night where ill set up my bunk and get some sleep. 5 or 6 of my buddies are headin up there too we always have a good time.
friday im gonna set out with my trusty longbow and see if i can nail a deer with that. saturday and sunday and possibly monday, i'll be out there with my 30-30. i love hunting and just being in the mountains.

im thinkin of trying to find some amanitas too, im gonna read up on where to find and how to identify those but even if i dont find em im bringin my last cake which has some pins and maybe ill get a trip while im on my trip. either way, my good friend works for a medical supply company so he'll have some nice opiates to warm the soul.

then the next weekend im goin to my friends farm on the eastern shore of md for some more gun hunting.
im also gonna be catchin spring turkey season this year.

so how about you guys, when and where are you hunting what with what?

--------------------
the post above is completely fictional.

Edited by llamaherder (11/24/04 03:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesynthesis
everydayjunglist

Loc: va
Re: 2004 Hunting Season [Re: llamaherder]
    #3404823 - 11/24/04 04:15 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

llamaherder said:
OKAY, before i finish this post, can we please try to avoid turning this thread into a hunters vs hippies debate

I'm excited, tomorrow evening after i load up myself with turkey and stuffing, pie and ham, I'm gettin in my truck and heading out to the mountains (garrett county md) for some good ol' one-on-one with mother nature.
I'll be arriving at the turkey roost (the name of our cabin) some time tomorrow night where ill set up my bunk and get some sleep. 5 or 6 of my buddies are headin up there too we always have a good time.
friday im gonna set out with my trusty longbow and see if i can nail a deer with that. saturday and sunday and possibly monday, i'll be out there with my 30-30. i love hunting and just being in the mountains.

im thinkin of trying to find some amanitas too, im gonna read up on where to find and how to identify those but even if i dont find em im bringin my last cake which has some pins and maybe ill get a trip while im on my trip. either way, my good friend works for a medical supply company so he'll have some nice opiates to warm the soul.

then the next weekend im goin to my friends farm on the eastern shore of md for some more gun hunting.
im also gonna be catchin spring turkey season this year.

so how about you guys, when and where are you hunting what with what?

my uncle lives in Saint Marys County. his house is right on the patuxent river and we go fishing and crabbing every summer.. hes ben hunting and fishing there all his life.
i havent gone hunting with him yet but may this season. i want to start with duck but havent had a chance yet. i've shot clays with him and did really well. hopefuly i can hunt turkey, although they are pretty tough for my fist time hunting. hes going to hunt deer thanksgiving day but i'd rather hunt duck before i get into deer... im really not sure if i could shoot a deer anyway. good luck thursday, although im not to sure that shrrooming and hunting would be a good combo  :smirk:

--------------------
http://www.infowars.com

Offlinellamaherder
brother

Re: 2004 Hunting Season [Re: synthesis]
    #3404842 - 11/24/04 04:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

oh of course, i dont want to have to be responsible for a firearm while under the influence, that would be in somethign inbetween me and nirvana
migratry birds is definately the easiest hunting in my opinion just lay in a blind and wait for em to fly over u

turkeys definately the hardest for me those little mf's are smart and wily

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3404912 - 11/24/04 04:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'd like to learn how to hunt. In fact, once my husband and I have some land of our own, I'd like to be able to hunt in order to sustain our meat intake. Except I'd use a bow and arrow. I love those things.

Offlinellamaherder
brother

Re: 2004 Hunting Season [Re: MOTH]
    #3404925 - 11/24/04 04:32 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

bow hunting is fuckin hard, the deer can sense the arrow flying towards them and will get out of the way
one thing that irks me about this years bow season is the fact that crossbows are being legalized. i can see it maybe for the handicapped, if you're not physically able to nock an arrow and draw it back, but otherwise i think its bullshit. i own a crossbow but i will not be using it in bow season.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#3404936 - 11/24/04 04:34 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I talked to a guy at a local archery range who said that when it came to bows, nothing could be the accuracy of the mechanical bow. (the one with wheels and gears?) The guy said he still preferred the traditional bow because it felt more "sporty" when hunting. Those bows are very difficult to use! I tried to use one when I was there and could barely draw the arrow back.

Offlinellamaherder
brother

#3404953 - 11/24/04 04:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yea youre talkin abotu a compound bow i use mine from time to time but i like to feel in touch with nature like that elf guy from lord of the rings so i use my longbow its just shy of 5 feet long now if only i had a horse

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#3404975 - 11/24/04 04:40 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

haha, men with longbows are dead sexy.  :wink: 

It did work for Legolas.  :grin:

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #3405147 - 11/24/04 05:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

This year i had a nice duck hunting day, brought back 9 mallards which is pretty nice judging from the last years.

On the 1st December i'll go red partrige and hare hunting. And i'll probably take a day in January for thrush. And that will probably wrap it up for the season.

I'm not into hunting anymore like i once was...I do it more for being outdoors in the early morning, smell the dew and feel that cold morning breeze than for the hunting itself.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3405159 - 11/24/04 05:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'd like to learn to hunt too, for moral reasons, actually. You see, I love meat and have no problem with killing an animal, since they get killed by natural predators anyway, but I'm somewhat appalled by having animals cramped together on factory farms, raised for the sole purpose of being killed. I'd feel much better about myself if I killed a deer that had lived free in the wild its whole life, rather than imprisoned on a farm. Plus it's like you have more of a connection to that animal.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #3405533 - 11/24/04 06:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I myself am a bowhunter, I use a compound bow because I am not comfortable enough with my consistancy on my recurve. Last weekend I wounded a deer and have felt pretty shitty about it ever since, as I was shooting he flexed to take a step moving his scapula in front of the area I was shooting, I probaly was a little tense and could of fired off but I watced the arrow hit the deer and get no penetration in an area it should of went atlest 10 inches further into it.

I tracked and stalked him for miles, I felt I need to take him down since I wounded him, I just couldn't get close enough for another shot and I lost him. I believe his wound will heal, it will cause him alot of pain in his shoulder but if he survives the rest of the season he should be okay.

I'm still hoping to see him again, I'm not quit sure if he'll leave the area for good or not but I've seen him numorous times this season.

I doubt I'll shoot at another deer this year, atleast not for alittle while, I really feel something hanging over me when something like this happens.

I love hunting with a strange passion, it's fun, exciting, sad, treacherous, beautiful and ugly. What more could you ask for?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate