Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

Loc: Los Angeles
Weed, shrooms, and memory loss
    #3404929 - 11/24/04 06:32 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I have taken 3.5g of shrooms twice and had the most amazing experiences. Truly inspiring. However during both trips I felt the need to smoke some herb about an hour or two in, to alleviate the nausea and anxious feelings I would get from the shrooms. This also totally kicked up the intensity of the trip, and all in all made it much more enjoyable. It was sort of like the weed removed any lingering egotistical inhibitions and allowed the shrooms to really do their thing.

But the problem that I have with weed is that it clouds your memory (maybe it doesn't to you, but it does to me). What I mean is that after coming down from the weed, I can't remember what happened while I was high with as much clarity as I can when sober.

This is troubling to me because I tend to experience such amazing thoughts, levels of consciousness and feelings while on shrooms and I don't want to forget them afterwards, which is what has partially happened both times I've shroomed.

For those of you who have taken moderate to high doses of shrooms without taking any other drugs at the same time... do you still experience some memory loss or cloudiness? Is it worth abstaining from weed to better retain what you saw, thought, and felt, or is it worth smoking the weed for its beneficial effects?

--------------------
Just say NO to the War on Drugs.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesyanesso
100% pupil

Loc: Evergreen State
Re: Weed, shrooms, and memory loss [Re: Plok]
    #3404965 - 11/24/04 06:39 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i have done mushrooms by themselves, and find that i can remember a few of the thoughts i have, but i forget a lot of them..i seem to only remember the BIG thoughts.. you could try writing something down when your trippin

--------------------
make sure it bruises blue

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3404967 - 11/24/04 06:39 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I find that the more I trip, the easier it becomes to bring memories back from the trip.  In the beginning, I couldn't remember *anything* that happened during a trip.  But the more I tripped, the easier it got to recall things.  Now even when I smoke weed with a trip, I can remember almost all the important stuff that I wanted to remember. 

Oh, if you really want to remember your trips, keep a trip journal.  I write in my journal constantly while on psychedelics.  Not only is this a lot of fun, but looking at what you wrote later will help bring back some of those memories, and help you retain them better.  :thumbup:

Some people find it impossible to write on shrooms however.  Give it a try and see if it works for you.  :sun:

OfflinePlok
Life is fractal
Male

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Weed, shrooms, and memory loss [Re: MOTH]
    #3405626 - 11/24/04 09:22 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I have tried this on weed alone before... much of it is just garbage when I read it sober but some of it is insightful.

Thanks to both of you. By the way what does your name mean, Ellemysh?

--------------------
Just say NO to the War on Drugs.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3405702 - 11/24/04 09:46 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I think with weed alone my writings tend to be less meaningful overall...however on shrooms or shrooms + weed they have a lot of significance to what I experienced. 

As for my name...well, my real life name is Michelle, so I just used a variant of that for my screen name.  :wink:  nothing special I'm afraid!

InvisibleTYL3R
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chico
    #3405970 - 11/24/04 10:57 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Plok said:
I have taken 3.5g of shrooms twice and had the most amazing experiences.  Truly inspiring.  However during both trips I felt the need to smoke some herb about an hour or two in, to alleviate the nausea and anxious feelings I would get from the shrooms.  This also totally kicked up the intensity of the trip, and all in all made it much more enjoyable.  It was sort of like the weed removed any lingering egotistical inhibitions and allowed the shrooms to really do their thing.

But the problem that I have with weed is that it clouds your memory (maybe it doesn't to you, but it does to me).  What I mean is that after coming down from the weed, I can't remember what happened while I was high with as much clarity as I can when sober.

This is troubling to me because I tend to experience such amazing thoughts, levels of consciousness and feelings while on shrooms and I don't want to forget them afterwards, which is what has partially happened both times I've shroomed.

For those of you who have taken moderate to high doses of shrooms without taking any other drugs at the same time... do you still experience some memory loss or cloudiness?  Is it worth abstaining from weed to better retain what you saw, thought, and felt, or is it worth smoking the weed for its beneficial effects?

THANK YOU ! You put into words what i couldn't. This foggy memory feeling is what i use to judge if im high or not.  :thumbup:

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Weed, shrooms, and memory loss [Re: TYL3R]
    #3511265 - 12/16/04 11:34 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I think that the state that the mushroom takes your mind to is not meant to be grasped or understood with the sober mind. That should seem obvious. They are completely different levels, like the difference between grade school and the real world. Like Ellmy says, the more you do, the more you will be able to remember. At least that is how it has been for me.

There are many profound sayings that take on different meanings when you are in the psychedelic state of mind. You cannot remember because you are not in that state of mind. Just my take on it...

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

InvisibleDark_Star
edible anus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Kratmandu
    #3511309 - 12/16/04 11:45 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Get a tape recorder and tape your thoughts, and yeah, the more you trip the more you'll remember. I also find that i'm closer to the psychedelic state at different times. In otherwords, sometimes I don't really think about a certain trips, and sometimes I'll remember it really well and really think about.  :lol: I'm still learning from my first trip which was over 2 and half years ago.

--------------------

OfflineToricious
Theblunt-smokinglense-man.

Re: Weed, shrooms, and memory loss [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3511419 - 12/17/04 12:24 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I don't find I have a hard time remembering things from mushroom experiences - but rather during the mushroom experience - on high doses anyways. I always get horrible memory and can't recall anything on weed - always thought it was such a frustrating drug, although I recently seem to have found a way around it - Ginko Biloba. It seems to have the upperhand when weighing out it's increase in memory to weed's loss of memory, it also focuses me better and it's given me a wonderfully long train of though while high.

--------------------
"There's a guy in my apple!"

"Jerk off on weed man, that's where it's at... " -Anjaba

InvisibleDark_Star
edible anus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Kratmandu
Re: Weed, shrooms, and memory loss [Re: Toricious]
    #3511511 - 12/17/04 12:55 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Hahaha yeah, on high doses you're lucky if you even know who and where you are, let alone remember what just happened, or what happened that day.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience