Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Any advice for these types of grow kits?
    #3403562 - 11/24/04 02:22 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

hi ive grown mushrooms from spores before, but im living in a place for less than a year so i didnt want to buy equipment so i just bought a grow kit. one that goes from this:

to this:

anyway, some im just wondering if people have some general advice and/or links on how to maximize results from these types of grow kits. of course i'll try dunking it after the first flush.
do people know if you can take them out of their box and they won't fall apart? cause i did that with my last bulk substrate and the mushrooms grew out of the side great, definately maximized the yield better.

so this is the set up i have at the moment:

its a plastic tub with about 2cm water in the bottom that i'll place the mushrooms tub in (i guess id just remove the water if i took it out of the tub) and i'll mist and waft once a day. any more suggestions? thanks much

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: Any advice for these types of grow kits? [Re: Tao]
    #3403593 - 11/24/04 02:27 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

thats pre colonized, right?

that kit looks bomb. are you just using water evaporation to get humidity then? if so, u may want to keep the water at 75 degrees, and maybe hav a fan on top of it. the fan would also be good for the mushies.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: Any advice for these types of grow kits? [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3403698 - 11/24/04 02:45 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

its pre colonized, yeah. im trying to avoid buying any more equipment, so i'll just leave it close to the radiator. its only for fruiting so temp isnt quite as important.

i didnt think a fan would be a good idea? just a couple wafts a day since im relying on ambient water for humidity.

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Any advice for these types of grow kits? [Re: Tao]
    #3403725 - 11/24/04 02:49 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

The fan would lower the rh, I wouldnt suggest it. I would suggest running down to walmart and getting some perilite though. Put like 2 inches of perilite down there with like half an inch of water or so or that will do your humidity much much better then water. Dont put it to close to the radiator, to colds better then to warm.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation