Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

gymnopilus extraction method
    #3307843 - 11/02/04 03:00 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I was thinking about gymnopilus mushrooms lately, theese shrooms grow everywhere but many people don't like them because they are very bitter and you have to consume a lot of them.
Second thing why im interested in this is because this is the only active shroom that i found growing here in central Europe ...

I was thinking that theese shrooms would be dried 100% so that weight could be minimized, and then i would use some solvents to extract the active materials, similar method used to extract active ingridients from psilocybe species ...

My question is, would the extraction pull out the bitter stuff too ? Would this actually work ? Did anyone try this before ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

Re: gymnopilus extraction method [Re: baltazar]
    #3307850 - 11/02/04 03:01 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Ah, yes i forgot. What is the dose actually for something like a ps. cubensis level 3 trip ? How many grams wet od laughing gyms ?

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3400828 - 11/23/04 09:44 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You want the bitter stuff; there are other psychoactive compounds in Gyms besides psilocin and psilocybin which account for the bitter taste.

The tek I use is to make a very concentrated tea which can be consumed in shots.

Put about two cups of finely chopped fresh gyms in a sauce pan. They must be fresh; Iv'e tried this with dry ones and it turns out weak.

Add enough water to almost cover the chopped shrooms, leaving a few pieces sticking up out of the water.

Simmer and stir for about forty minutes. A few little bubbles is good, a full boil will drastically reduce potency.

Filter the liquid through a cloth; I use an old t-shirt. Coffee filters will not work. Squeeze the shit out of the shrooms to get all the liquid out. You should be left with a thick, fragrant, very bitter liquid about the consistancy of Nyquil.

I consume this in shots chasing it with water. Provided the shrooms are young (pins are the most potent) five shots is roughly equivolent to half an eighth of cubes. The trip is different however due to the other active compounds. It also seems to last longer, up to 12 hours.

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: gymnopilus extraction method [Re: shroomydan]
    #3426967 - 11/30/04 07:54 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

maybe it would be cool to get a shit load of bedsof gyms growing for next season.....

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Offlinemushymelbs
Amateur Psychonaut
Male

Loc: Melbourne
Re: gymnopilus extraction method [Re: shroomydan]
    #12469922 - 04/28/10 03:33 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

is it possible for making tea to add some extra flavourings in or are other chemicals likely to effect potency?

Offlineshoeareyou
Stranger

Re: gymnopilus extraction method [Re: mushymelbs]
    #12497920 - 05/03/10 08:46 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Im still trying to obtain some Gymnopilus. I like the idea of laughing alot ...

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
Re: gymnopilus extraction method [Re: shoeareyou]
    #12498456 - 05/03/10 11:27 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

5 year old thread.

Though it sparks an old interest in me.  Especially since gyms are coming soon.

I was told if you make the tea, that good ol dan was refferring too, it doesn't last more then a week frozen?  Any truth to this?  I was told for saving purposes, just freeze the entire fruiting body?

I pick pounds upon pounds of these every year, and just go to random peoples houses that trip and dump them on their laps.  It would be nice to save it for my head on rainey days.  I really have to be prepared for those things.

InvisiblesporeRider
Proud sporeRider :)
 User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: gymnopilus extraction method [Re: vandago]
    #12501757 - 05/03/10 09:29 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

it kinda sucks that every species is different specially with storage properties - some don't dry and store worth shit at all - and some store for almost a couple years with no loss n potency!!! - Gyms i sadly say loose potency FAST!!! - fresh of the log is the best and brightest gym trip:super::trippinballs: Has a really unique feel - different than the dried ones !! And tea shud be used asap to keep any potency in it - I like to start off a great journey by drinking a gym brew then eating cubies and maybe smoke sum spice ( 5-meo-dmt) and then i tell ya your sure to touch the starz:lovemeds:

if you want long storage life in your majic start growing some azures - they are suppost to last a long time and keep kicking your ass just the same!!!

--------------------
http://

Offlinesassybeest
Stranger
Female User Gallery
Loc: Midwest. SE NE
    #20767010 - 10/29/14 08:00 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

So I've been searching and searching and searching for some feedback on this type of fungi. They grow like crazy on the ceiling of an old chicken coop that's not being used. It's a fairly large building and old as well. The shingles are wooden and slowly rotting but still in good condition. Hubby suspects cedar. I did my research and decided to take a lil trip. I suggested to hubby blackening out the two windows to the building and nxt yr giving the roof a good spray here and there.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Re: gymnopilus extraction method [Re: sassybeest]
    #20772093 - 10/30/14 11:59 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Wood that is meant to be used outdoors often have toxins which are uptaken by the mushrooms.  You should culture them and grow them on safer wood.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale