Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
it has occured to me
    #3400646 - 11/23/04 09:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

that if any given friend or family member, (let alone total strangers) knew all of my secrets, i mean ALL of the terrible/bizarre/deviant things ive ever said, did , or thought, they would be absolutely shocked, disgusted, repelled, maybe enraged.

Im honestly not sure that any of them, even my very best friends, would still want to be around me if they knew EVERYTHING about me.

What do you guys think? if you were perfectly honest, and just laid out yoru deepest darkest secrets, would your friends still trust/care for you?

do your relationships require deceit? (or at least selective silence/secretiveness)

i dont even consider myself a dishonest person, im open about most of my activities and attitudes, but theres still ALOT that people would totally be disgusted by (i think)

especially society at large.

i mean objectively speaking im some kind of drug abusing , occult practicing, sexual deviant, to mention just a few things.

crazy

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: it has occured to me [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3400660 - 11/23/04 09:09 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Your probably Jesus compared to me.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

#3400667 - 11/23/04 09:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I've thought similar things about myself. It's amazing the things you block out of your mind that you have done in your life. If I told someone all my secret little things, they would definitely be a little shocked and maybe view me as less of a person. I've never killed anyone or anything like that, but we all have our skeletons.

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: it has occured to me [Re: McKennaFan200]
    #3400675 - 11/23/04 09:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If we started describing the details of our depravity and inadequacy we would probably end up trying to one up each other...I don't think anyone would be shocked.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: it has occured to me [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3400688 - 11/23/04 09:16 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

They are already doing that in OTD

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineRRhoads
chemistry student
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: cahleeforneeah
Re: it has occured to me [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3400928 - 11/23/04 09:59 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

What is "OTD"?

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: it has occured to me [Re: RRhoads]
    #3400953 - 11/23/04 10:01 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The Off Topic Discussion forum here at the shroomery. It's often like hues last reply here- sharing and one uping the depravity of human beingness. I laugh my ass off reading in OTD or use it for shock value. My comment was meant to be a funny for people who know OTD.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3400957 - 11/23/04 10:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I think it's the same with nearly every hairless ape walking the face of this earth. There's so many social taboos that if people found out how many everybody around them had broken, they would appalled. If they even remembered all of the taboos they themselves have broken in their life they'd probably be appalled

Luckily time has the tendency to erase the majority of our records, otherwise society's closet would be spilling out with the skeletons

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: it has occured to me [Re: Ravus]
    #3401044 - 11/23/04 10:17 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

In the Huichol society every year they take peyote and confess their wrongs before the whole community. The community is required to give unconditional forgiveness and the affected individuals can lawfully hold NO grudge. They believe that if they lie, then the spirit of the peyote will consume them from within with guilt and self loathing. A very excellant and high moral standard this is...our society could learn much from it...what crazy bunch of drug addicts!!!

--------------------

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

Re: it has occured to me [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3401054 - 11/23/04 10:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

And as we all know....drug "addicts" can never be trusted, learned from, listened to, or even tolerated.

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: it has occured to me [Re: McKennaFan200]
    #3401068 - 11/23/04 10:23 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Of course not...they are all a bunch of hippy degenerates!!!

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #3401563 - 11/24/04 12:19 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

What do you guys think? if you were perfectly honest, and just laid out yoru deepest darkest secrets, would your friends still trust/care for you?

I think some of them would think I'm even weirder than they already think I am, but I've never done anything hurtful to anyone or anything beyond what was necessary.  By this I mean that I eat meat, for example, so I've participated in the killing of animals, but never out of cruelty, and I've clobbered a few people upside the head in self-defense, but I've never killed anyone.

Even in my thoughts, I've only contemplated ugly things as an academic exercise and nothing more... and I found the thoughts unsettling and unpleasant, which I think is a good thing.

That's not to say there aren't some odd things in my life, but anyone who knows me and is a true friend would overlook my weird spots or, more likely, find similar odd things in their own life to compensate for mine. :shrug:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: it has occured to me [Re: Diploid]
    #3401667 - 11/24/04 12:44 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

confess their wrongs before the whole community. The community is required to give unconditional forgiveness and the affected individuals can lawfully hold NO grudge.

A very enlightened philosophy. I like it. A saying in the spirit of the Huichol society comes to mind:

"What you do after you meet me is more important than what you did before you met me."

Any true friend would take that saying to heart.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Edited by Diploid (11/24/04 12:53 AM)

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3401941 - 11/24/04 02:42 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

When I was younger, I believed that it wasn't necessar to lie about myself. Meaning, tell the truth about everything about me, and what you see is what you get.

However, since then, I have learned that you have to use caution when dealing with people.

In other words, when you are at work, talk only about your life as it is related to work. When you are at church, talk only about your life as it is related to church. When you are at school, talk only about your life as it is related to school. And so on.

This may seem that you are lying about yourself, because you are withholding who "you" really are. If you can stand being alienated by a lot of pretentious people, if you are strong enough to stand being outcast for who you really are, then be honest everywhere about what you do, even if it means that when you go to church, you tell your fellow church members that you use shrooms.

I finally decided that I didn't want to be ostracized.

When I go to church, I don't tell them about how many pool games I won on Friday night, even though I don't believe I am going to hell for playing pool games.

When I go to court, I don't tell anyone about how many times I was in jail when I was younger, even though I don't believe my success on someone's action is contingent upon how many times I was in jail.

Of course, I could be totally up front about everything, but then I will be ostracized by a certain number of that community. Because of my profession, I'm not willing to do that.

It's not because what we are doing is so bad. It's that people have such narrow minds.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineNomad
Mad Robot

#3402447 - 11/24/04 05:23 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

See, samsara is a dirty place. No one is going to get out of here without wading knee-deep through the shit. Still, I find it hard to believe that understanding could create hate.

Like, if you know someone just a little, you love him; if you know him a lot, you hate him, but if you knew everything about him, you would love him again?

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: it has occured to me [Re: Nomad]
    #3402458 - 11/24/04 05:27 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

""What do you guys think? if you were perfectly honest, and just laid out yoru deepest darkest secrets, would your friends still trust/care for you?""

my deepest darkest secrets, i dont know myself?
could you know before you did it?

I hereby ask my friends :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#3402478 - 11/24/04 05:36 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Everyone has deep dark secrets but we tend to forget our own when judging someone else's.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3402575 - 11/24/04 06:19 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I don't really keep secrets about my life and the things I have done in it. I refuse to be ashamed of any of it :wink:

Thoughts in my head? Those are mostly mine, alone. I can't explain them when I try. Though I do wonder if my friends/family would think I'm just plain crazy if I told them all my thoughts... :evil:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: it has occured to me [Re: trendal]
    #3403749 - 11/24/04 12:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

that huichal society has a damn good idea.

sounds like most of you guys arent nearly as mentally deviant as i am. Not bragging but some of your responses make me think you must be like fresh snow compared to me (and im young)

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3403771 - 11/24/04 12:59 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

What is "mentally deviant"? How do you define such a thing?

Actions make the man, not thoughts.

I can think about killing people untill the cows come home, but if I won't be a murderer unless I go out and actually do it.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag