Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
Perlite frame?
    #3399528 - 11/23/04 04:57 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, so while I was putting together some PVC's to put inside a old martha a idea popped into my head. I was going to put some sand inside of them to give it a little weight due to the height of the martha and the weight of the glow lights I will be mounting to it. I then started thinking instead of sand I could just pack it full of perlite and drill holes or slits into it pointing toward the shelves. Do you think this would help with the RH, or would there not be enough surface area of exposed perlite? Also what do you find to be the best way to clean perlite that could be used in a setup like this? I am trying to avoid getting another ultra-sonic. So I was thinking either this, a bed of perlite at the base or a PVC misting system.

--------------------
Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: Perlite frame? [Re: MadHatR]
    #3399545 - 11/23/04 05:01 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

that should work. not a lot of perlite would be needed though,a s its really surface area as opposed to depth. 2 bobble wands in a rubbermaid with perlite ont he bottom would work fine, i bet.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
Re: Perlite frame? [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3399593 - 11/23/04 05:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It would have plenty of surface area if I put a bin at the base of the setup, but if it was in the frame the only surface area that would be exposed would be the holes or slits that are cut into the PVC. That is why I am wondering if packing the frame with perlite would help any. Maybe I could drill large holes and cover them with something like coffee filters so the perlite doesn't fall out, but the moister is still raised. It is a small Martha, only like 1 1/2' x 1 1/2' x 5'.

--------------------
Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: Perlite frame? [Re: MadHatR]
    #3399621 - 11/23/04 05:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

oh. i dont think that would work. at all.

:frown:

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Jump to top Pages: 1